Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have the 28mm F2.8 (the Minolta version, but it's the same) and it's a fantastic little lens. Excellent colours and very fast. I reckon I'd rather have the 30mm though, simply based on the fact that it has a very good macro capability, and I luurve me some macro!

well i was going for the tamron 90mm aswell which would mean i already have macro capability. i think im gonna get it, i'll have a look at the prices at focus first because i need to save as much as i can.

Should be receiving my 16-105mm on Wednesday (was originally going to be saturday, but nevermind) and I really don't know what to expect :p Will it definitely be better in the 18-70 range than my kit lens & my Tamron 18-200mm?

What I'm thinking at the moment is if I don't get on with it, I could probably easily do a straight swap on the classifieds for a Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 as the lens markets for less and I'm sure someone would appreciate the extra range of the 16-105. This is tempting to me because I mainly do wide(ish) stuff so haven't got that much use for telelphoto and also the constant F2.8 apeture! Then again, I might love the 16-105 :p

Any thoughts?

I have just got the 16-105 in last few days and love it.

Although I was mostly using my 28mm and my 50mm instead of zoom.

Will be interested to see how you think it compares

To be honest, the lens that's on my camera the vast majority of the time is my 28mm Minolta Prime which is great, but I always wish it was wider! I switched back to the kit lens a few days ago and loved the wideness to decided to buy one of these 16-105mm lenses as I thought it'd have even more wideness, whilst being generally better than my 28mm :)

Anyone got a mini beercan, 35-70 f/4?
How does it compare to the sony kit lens? Should I get one or save to get something a bit newer and better?

Thanks

To be honest, the lens that's on my camera the vast majority of the time is my 28mm Minolta Prime which is great, but I always wish it was wider! I switched back to the kit lens a few days ago and loved the wideness to decided to buy one of these 16-105mm lenses as I thought it'd have even more wideness, whilst being generally better than my 28mm :)

Hope you like it as much as I like mine :)

Anyone got a mini beercan, 35-70 f/4?
How does it compare to the sony kit lens? Should I get one or save to get something a bit newer and better?

Thanks

It was something I was considering shortly after I got my camera. It's not a bad lens, but I don't think it's much better, if at all, than the kit lens, and on top of this you get a pretty rubbish wide end. To be honest, the kit lens is actually quite good and upgrading to another 'kit lens' is almost pointless. If you want to upgrade your kit lens you really want to be spending quite a good amount to get something noticably better.

Hope you like it as much as I like mine :)

Thanks, I do too :p

Should be receiving my 16-105mm on Wednesday (was originally going to be saturday, but nevermind) and I really don't know what to expect :p Will it definitely be better in the 18-70 range than my kit lens & my Tamron 18-200mm?

What I'm thinking at the moment is if I don't get on with it, I could probably easily do a straight swap on the classifieds for a Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 as the lens markets for less and I'm sure someone would appreciate the extra range of the 16-105. This is tempting to me because I mainly do wide(ish) stuff so haven't got that much use for telelphoto and also the constant F2.8 apeture! Then again, I might love the 16-105 :p

Any thoughts?

I had the Tamaron 17-50mm and sold it as it just wasn't flexible enough to be a true walk around kit lens.

Don't get me wrong it was a great lens but at f2.8 it was very soft and the f2.8 is sort of the main reason to get an f2.8 lens. I also found the 50mm long end just too short for my liking.

I now have the 16-105mm and much prefer it to the Tamron. Sure it's no where near as fast but if the lights really bad I have my 50mm f1.7 to fall back on. The quality and range more than makes up for the larger apertures. Go for it, I doubt you'll be sorry.

Hi Guys, I have an a300 and I want to have a go with RAW. Does anyone know if an editing cd came with the camera? I can't remember or find one in the box. :bonk:

I am trying to figre out what to keep and what not to keep!

280f7421.jpg

I dont really give them names, but its a sony A100[/QUOTE]

Thats the one to keep.Seen awesome photos from it, Your one anyway :)

280f7421.jpg

Guess
Konica Minolta D7D, Sony A700, Sony A350???

I help to have the middle one :p
Personally think I would keep all.
Each of them just has their own pros and cons....

Keep all :p

Edit : Dont really know it is the A100 on the left....First thought its the KM D7D oops :p

Guess
Konica Minolta D7D, Sony A700, Sony A350???

I help to have the middle one :p
Personally think I would keep all.
Each of them just has their own pros and cons....

Keep all :p

Edit : Dont really know it is the A100 on the left....First thought its the KM D7D oops :p

I should of started a competition :) With no prize of course, not a bad effort Kevin

I previously had an A700 and an A200. I sold the A700 :p You may as well keep all of them to be honest but if you had to sell one, I'd say the A100. The A350 has the flippy screen so could be useful in situations :)

And yes, 16-105mm tomorrow :D

I should of started a competition :) With no prize of course, not a bad effort Kevin

Thanks haha
Well then I would sell the A100 then
Cost you can get some money to spend on glass later on..
As Sony should have some new glass later on this year...;)

I previously had an A700 and an A200. I sold the A700 :p You may as well keep all of them to be honest but if you had to sell one, I'd say the A100. The A350 has the flippy screen so could be useful in situations :)

And yes, 16-105mm tomorrow :D

Torn between the A100 and A350, as whichever one I keep wont get much use as its only a second body.

You will love new lens

Thanks haha
Well then I would sell the A100 then
Cost you can get some money to spend on glass later on..
As Sony should have some new glass later on this year...;)

Will have to sell something :)

I knew the answer,;)

Well you would considering you use to own the A100 in question!

Torn between the A100 and A350, as whichever one I keep wont get much use as its only a second body.

You will love new lens

Will have to sell something :)

Well you would considering you use to own the A100 in question!

Just like what George7 said
He keep his A200 and sold A700
So you can sell A700 and A100 and keep the A350 ...:p
I keep your A700 then :LOL:

Just like what George7 said
He keep his A200 and sold A700
So you can sell A700 and A100 and keep the A350 ...:p
I keep your A700 then :LOL:

I would keep his A100 and sell A350,His is a fantastic camera,sorry I sold it to him :crying:

Are you waiting impatiently for a parcel, or has it come yet George? EDIT: Saw your other post about missing postie

Can anyone do me a favour? Have been considering getting an official grip for my A700, I have a copy one without all the buttons, but has the auto focus and shutter button that i got on ebay for £25 but considering the upgrade

Could anyone post up a few pics of theirs with grip on it?

"We have tried to deliver your item from our WITHAM Delivery Office before 09:09 on 13/01/10 and we have left a while you were out card."

So annoying! Didn't even knock :p I gotta give it 4 hours before I can pick it up. Used the time so far to have a shower and some lunch. 1 and a half hours to go now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back