Camera Club Listings

We are a City of London based photo club, meeting just north of the Barbican.

The club was founded by the Cripplegate Institute as an extension to their photography evening classes way back in 1899.

We run a varied programme of lectures, workshops and competitions and the details are on our website: http://www.cityandcripplegate-ps.org/

All are welcome, your first evening is free, and membership is only £30 a year.

Last edited:
Sounds a bit old fashioned and stuffy, but the club has been established since 1937!

Anyhoo, thought I'd add our club to the list

We meet every Thursday Sept - April.
Competitions, projects, guest speakers, wee bit of tutorial and friendly members willing to offer advice.
Out of season meetings organised.

One of many clubs in the North-east affiliated to the NCPF (Northern Counties Photographic Federation)

Link to our page with this season's curriculum to give you an idea of what we do http://www.northumberlandlife.org/blyth-photographic/default.asp
Link to NCPF website with all the other clubs http://www.ncpf.org.uk/

Salford Photographic Group​

covering Salford on the west side of Greater Manchester.

Salford Photographic Group is a club which meets on Monday evenings and for occasional outings for members to enjoy a common interest in photography. Members have a range of ability from that of novice to professional. We are an informal, relaxed, and friendly group, and new members are always welcome.

We meet at the Beesley Community Centre, Beesley Green, Greenleach Lane, Worsley, Manchester, M28 2QW

any more information please don't hesitate to 'PM' me

Pete

Last edited:
Camera Clubs

North Hampshire Photographic Society, Oakley, Nr Basingstoke, Hampshire

A small friendly club, ideal for beginners as there are many experienced photographers who are more than willing to help and advise.

For more experienced photographers it's a place to exhibit there work in competitions within the club, with other camera clubs and possibly internationally.

www.nhps.weebly.com

Sue

In case its not already in there

North Manchester Camera Club was first established in 1892, known then as the Simpson Memorial Camera Club. It later changed it's name to North North Manchester Camera Club in the late 1970's. It was thought that it would give the club a better sense of location to the general public and to other clubs within the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union (L&CPU), of which we are a member. As far as we are aware the club has the distinction of being the only photographic club in the L & CPU to hold it's meetings in the same building since it's conception.

Membership stands at about 25, of mixed gender, varying in degrees of expertise from the beginner to the semi professional. You will find us a friendly bunch, always willing to converse and discuss things.

The programme is made up of general discussions about members work, lectures from invited guests, print, slide and digital portfolios that travel from club to club within the L & CPU. We also have bi-monthly and annual competitions for members work and competitions against other clubs in the local area.

Once a year we hold our Annual exhibition at The North City Library for the general public to view. The exhibition consists of members work throughout the year.

We meet every Friday, in room 7 (top floor) at the Simpson Memorial Hall, starting at 7.45pm till 10pm.

Cost of Membership

* Single £25.00
* Joint: £45.00
* Retired, Student or unemployed £20.00
* Plus £1.00 payable at each meeting you attend.

Interested? Then come along any Friday, you'll be most welcome ! Try us for up to 3 weeks & then join if you are happy with us.
To contact us : Leave a message on 07570 900 485
or EMail us at: mail@northmanchestercameraclub.co.uk
Website: http://www.northmanchestercameraclub.co.uk/index.html

Last edited:
Perth Green Camera Club.
Perth Green Community Association, Inverness Road, Jarrow, Tyne & Wear, NE32 4AQ
We meet on Tuesdays, 7pm - 9.30pm. Have our own room, Studio equipment, PC and A3 printer. Looking for new members of all ability.

How about Cornwall ?
I've just looked through this entire thread and there are a few in Devon, one in Plymouth but so far no-one has mentioned Cornwall...
I know there is one in Wadebridge and another in St Austell, but it would be nice to hear from anyone who knows a little about either...

I go to a local club, but couldn't recommend it.

Its quite a large club, well attended with a full program of events and regular outings. trouble is I have been going for 6 months and I have only been spoken to by two members, The Chairwoman and the treasurer.

Miserable bu**ers

Sounds about the norm. New members are the future of any club yet they get ignored most of the time!

Rushcliffe Photographic Society: for those around the Nottingham/Leicestershire area.

New season approaching soon and we have limited space for new members with a varied and exciting programme planned for this year! People that may want to join this friendly camera club are invited along to the new members day on Tues 13th September.

Find out more here: www.rushcliffephotosoc.co.uk

TipTop Photography Club - Birmingham

Meets 1st Thursday in every month 7-9pm and the 3rd Sunday in every month 10-1pm.

What do we do?
Thursday nights tend to me more social, competitions, drinking of coffee, with some studio photography thrown in ;)

Sundays we have studio shoots, location, events etc
Recent events have included:
Art nude shoot
Product photography
Still life
Burlesque shoot
Asian bridal shoot
Slimbridge Wildfowl trust
Black Country Museum

Coming up.... Bristol balloon festival, RHS Tatton Park, Cornwall weekend away plus lots of studio stuff too.

We currently have around 20 members and we have a great time.

No cost to join, all studio fees, lighting etc are provided free of charge - the only costs incurred are model fees (usually work out around 3/4 pound each tog).

If you want to come along, please drop me a PM.
Thanks,
Deb
(y)

This one still running?

Hi
I came across Worthing Camera Club's website and am just wondering if anyone else off Talk Photography attend that club, as I notice it starts again this Tues eve?...

Recently joined Bromley Camera Club. Seems ok, but only about 50 members, but should we have a heatwave anytime soon, that could drastically reduce the numbers ;)

http://www.bromleycameraclub.org.uk/

Anyone know of any in the Portsmouth and surrounding areas?

Meets 1st & 3rd Tues of each month plus at other times and places. Most meeting are at 6.45pm in the City YMCA, 8 Errol Street, London, EC1Y 8LX.

We run a series of talks and workshops, many by active professional photographers. We also hold competitions and exhibitions which all members can join in. Our mission is to improve the technical and artistic skills of our members.

All are welcome. We simply have a suggested donation towards the room hire so that non-members can come to any of our meetings.

Full up-to-date details on our website.

Studio 197 Photographic club

We are a new club, going to be meeting first Sunday morning at 11am each month. We will be meeting mostly at Studio 197, and as such, will be studio orientated club.

We will look to shoot various portraits, models, hold talks, as well as go out on landscape trips, hold exhibitions, etc. Please get in touch if you are interested in joining our little community.

All the best
Keigo

hairboy said:
Studio 197 Photographic club

We are a new club, going to be meeting first Sunday morning at 11am each month. We will be meeting mostly at Studio 197, and as such, will be studio orientated club.

We will look to shoot various portraits, models, hold talks, as well as go out on landscape trips, hold exhibitions, etc. Please get in touch if you are interested in joining our little community.

All the best
Keigo

Hi Keigo,

I live in Walsall and I am new to photography, I would like to join a club to improve on the pictures I take, as well as to gain some help and advice along the way. Is this something I could do here or is it more inclined to the more experienced and professionals?

I've had a look at the site and could not find membership costs etc.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Mani

Back