Camera Club Speakers required - East Cheshire

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I arrange the programme for a local camera club based in East Cheshire, and am currently looking for one, possibly two guest speakers to give a talk/presentation on a photography subject on a Thursday night between Sept 2012 and May 2013. We meet from 8pm to 10pm with a 20 minute break in the middle, so your presentation would need to be around 90 mins in total.

As we are only a small club, although we will pay, we can't pay a lot.

In the past we've had subjects such as night photography, street photography, flickr 365, northern lights and the highs/lows of being a freelance etc - something different to the usual landscape, African safari, birds on a stick etc - so I'm looking for something different but interesting.

If you think you may have an interesting topic, or you have recently completed a photography project that may be of interest, let me know the details and your fee.

thanks
Martin

note: admin approved.

Our club is in the WCPF (part of the PAGB) and they maintain a list of club speakers.
It's not a complete list, but it's a start point!

Also - worth browsing websites for other clubs in your area to see if any of their speakers looking interesting and nick them; can also ring the club up and find out if they were any good.

Hi Duncan,

Thanks, already been down those routes as well as the LCPU speakers. I've searched google for hours - thats how I've found most of the previous speakers.

Trying to find something different is the challenge, hence the post here to hopefully get something new, modern or just creative.

thanks
Martin

Well....

We had a forensic photographer from the Police; that left many members white faced and shocked but was outstandingly memorable :D

Highly recommend Barry Aldous from North Wales; he talks about 3D photography and visited us last Autumn. http://www.aldous.net/photo/ If you book him, make sure he includes the Victorian 3D mountain climbing show taken in Snowdonia's pioneering rock climbing days - astonishing is understating how impressive they are.

We had a university lecturer come to talk about her students stuff - we weren't impressed..... But it made for heated discussion in our club for a long time after.

We had a motorsports photographer who was brilliant. Can locate them via a local circuit where they will be accredited for track access.

In general - any photographer within a couple of hours drive that runs workshops may be approachable regards coming to talk to you as they can put it down to drumming up business. We've had some good speakers that way.

Think literally - think laterally ;)
Duncan

I suggest contacting your local Plod HQ who must have some sort of press office.
Unfortunately I'm in the South West, otherwise I'd be happy to PM you names of some good speakers we've had in the past.

Another thought for you - John Wells FRPS http://www.johnswells.co.uk/
We've had him a few times and he's brilliant.
Chucks away all the rules and does what he wants.
Stunningly creative presentation that got us all fired up to go and do something slightly different.
I cannot recommend him highly enough - his website doesn't do him justice as it's about his presentation style and creativity, not just the resulting images.
I see he's Lincoln based, so he does travel!

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but we had Barry Aldous at our club last night, I bookde him based on Duncans recommendation.

What a great talk, and like you say the victorian 3D mountain climbing was stunning!

thanks Duncan!

Excellent - thanks for the feedback :D
I can still visualise some of those Victorian images - staggering what they got up to.
At least two of our club went out and bought 3D cameras after his show, one of them is now into 3D in a big way.

Now go and book John Wells - you won't regret it :)

Back