Canon 20D £980

Edit My Images
Yes
From cameras2u which is owned by Jessops, so you may get your local store to price match. :)

Also... for a whole £15 extra you can get it with the EF-S 18-55 lens. :shock:

My local store price matched warehouseexpress at £979 today ! :D

Only thing they insist on is that you can show the supplier has stock in, cameras2u had a 7 to 10 wait for 20D on the site so Jessops wouldnt price match it !

Oh and cameras2u have it for 954.99 as well !

bit of a rant really :(

Just got off the phone to my brother who's been working out in Cananda for the last year. He was asking about what camera to buy, and has been looking at the 20D. Needless to say I told him to go for it.

Turns out he can get them there for about £720 with the kit lens, a 17-40 is costing about £300, 70-200 F4.0L is about £250. PLUS they get rebates.

Guess who's making an order up for the next time he get's home.

dod said:
bit of a rant really :(

Just got off the phone to my brother who's been working out in Cananda for the last year. He was asking about what camera to buy, and has been looking at the 20D. Needless to say I told him to go for it.

Turns out he can get them there for about £720 with the kit lens, a 17-40 is costing about £300, 70-200 F4.0L is about £250. PLUS they get rebates.

Guess who's making an order up for the next time he get's home.

How much is the 100-400 L series ? maybe a bulk order coming up ;)

We get ripped off on so many fronts in this country it is unreal !!!! :(

I have just answered my own question there !!!!!

1250 USD i think, which = £652.45 if its Canadian Dollars its £528.29

A little different to £1100, now need a job in the US or canada !!!!!!

$%^(^*%$£(*%()*&^)(%*%£*%$*&^)*(&(%&$&% scuse the language !!! ;)

To rub salt in, amazon USA http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007GQLS/104-6038845-1334307 their price for this lens is $1,439.95 which is £751.60 ! I could face that as a price for the lens ! (ok not for a month or 6) lol

IanC_UK said:

Doh, I'm an idiot he's in Alaska, not Canada :eek:ops: but I'll ask him when he phones back, his girlfriend was wanting to phone her mother so he had to get off the phone :roll: What he says as a rule of thumb is if you have something priced at £100 here across there it will be About $100. Factor in the exchange rate which I think is about 1.88 and you're looking at slightly over half the price you are here.

dod said:
IanC_UK said:

Doh, I'm an idiot he's in Alaska, not Canada :eek:ops: but I'll ask him when he phones back, his girlfriend was wanting to phone her mother so he had to get off the phone :roll: What he says as a rule of thumb is if you have something priced at £100 here across there it will be About $100. Factor in the exchange rate which I think is about 1.88 and you're looking at slightly over half the price you are here.

Anyone for a group trip to the US ? ;)

IanC_UK said:
Anyone for a group trip to the US ? ;)

I have been saying that for months, you could take a long weekend in New York, pay for the flights, accomodation, have a break, get some great photos and still come home with change from buying a 20D there instead of here...damm rip of country this. :(

IanC_UK said:
Yep definitely Steve !

I have a friend coming over from Seattle this year sometime, may have to chat her up and see if she can bring me something over ;)

It may be best if you get her to post the box and packing first and carry the equipment as hand luggage, that way if customs stop her she can say it is personal equipment and you won't get stung for any import duty or tax :D

Steve said:
IanC_UK said:
Yep definitely Steve !

I have a friend coming over from Seattle this year sometime, may have to chat her up and see if she can bring me something over ;)

It may be best if you get her to post the box and packing first and carry the equipment as hand luggage, that way if customs stop her she can say it is personal equipment and you won't get stung for any import duty or tax :D

She is into photography as well, so slipping an extra lens in would be no problem ;)

Is a good idea re the box etc !!!!

If its a Canon lens/s that you are buying then you are covered by internation guarantee but if its electronics such as a camera body/flash gun etc. then you won't be so don't forget to purchase an internation MACK guarantee at the same time just in case you should get any issues :LOL:

Steve said:
If its a Canon lens/s that you are buying then you are covered by internation guarantee but if its electronics such as a camera body/flash gun etc. then you won't be so don't forget to purchase an internation MACK guarantee at the same time just in case you should get any issues :LOL:

Would be a lens if i bought anything ! Could do with some L glass :) Exchange rate definitely brings the 100-400 into reachable territory ! :)

IanC_UK said:
Steve said:

Would be a lens if i bought anything ! Could do with some L glass :) Exchange rate definitely brings the 100-400 into reachable territory ! :)

A friend just bought one of these back from the States for me. £790 all in. Bit of a weight to carry in hand luggage though :D

Back