Canon 5D MK I 'classic' - owners thread

It's a 2x (American) 'DVD' explaining the workings regards the Canon EOS 5D Mk1 camera, talking/showing the 5D Mk1 functions, like an audio/visual manual.

I've had the 'DVD' for a few months now and finished with it, but there was a list of who was due it next etc..(?). I'm ready to post on this 'DVD' to whoever's next in the cue.

Please let me know, thanks.

Got a few pennies to play with and think im going to get one of these. Where is the best place to buy one from that doesnt want silly money.

This thread needs a wake up :D I have been using the 5D now for nearly 2 months! It's been great fun to say the least and has been serving me very well! Here are another cuple of shots over the last while.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/m-m_morrison/8553746327/
Dalmor Sunset by M+M Morrison, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/m-m_morrison/8542158353/
Waiting... by M+M Morrison, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/m-m_morrison/8592483427/
Lit Up in Barvas by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Wow! Some amazing photos there. Good work.

Hi all just found this page after a bit of looking :) just got my Canon 5D mk1 after I sold my 600d and all my glass etc
So only have my nifty 50 mk2 and a Helios 135 on a converter left .I hope to get a set of new glass soon but no rush yet with the weather we have :-(
If any tog has any comments on a walkabout lens please feel free to point me to it ..

Hi all just found this page after a bit of looking :) just got my Canon 5D mk1 after I sold my 600d and all my glass etc
So only have my nifty 50 mk2 and a Helios 135 on a converter left .I hope to get a set of new glass soon but no rush yet with the weather we have :-(
If any tog has any comments on a walkabout lens please feel free to point me to it ..

It all depends on your budget and what your walkabouts involve! For a bargain short zoom the Tamron 28-75 is the one. Very good for the price, and to be honest I'm in no hurry to upgrade to one of the far more expensive alternatives. Get a good used one and see how you get on with it. If you don't like it, sell it on for the same price.

If you want something on the longer end but still not hideously expensive, try the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I love mine and it has treated me very well, but I've just splashed out on the Canon L with IS so will be letting it go to a new home with a friend of mine soon. For the money it is utterly brilliant.

Failing that, get an 85mm prime to go with your 50mm, then add a wider prime later. It all depends on what you'll be shooting. Personally I find short zooms a bit boring. They get the job done, but none of my favourite shots have been taken on one. Prime lenses or 70-200 f2.8 wins!

Hi,

I just got my 5D and what a upgrade from my 400D, love the extra usable iso and the 50mm I have works really well.

Can I have the DVD please? it took me 20mins and google just to work out how to change aperture lol

I am in the same position as Lee, the fifty works really well but I need something with faster focus

It's a 2x (American) 'DVD' explaining the workings regards the Canon EOS 5D Mk1 camera, talking/showing the 5D Mk1 functions, like an audio/visual manual.

I've had the 'DVD' for a few months now and finished with it, but there was a list of who was due it next etc..(?). I'm ready to post on this 'DVD' to whoever's next in the cue.

Please let me know, thanks.

Hi Peter do you still have the DVD ? If it's going to no home can I put my name on it please so I can have a look and pass it on .Or tell me the name so I can see if I can get a copy myself

After buying my 5Dc back in December I've really fallen in love with it, only thing I miss is live view, not a major thing, but I did use it for landscape focusing, especially at night. Are there any decent/worthwhile plugin screens available?

Yep, love mine too. So much so I'm now selling my 40d which is something I never thought I would. I love the images it gives, I love the 'old school' feel to it, I love the sound the shutter makes. It just feels more organic to me than anything else I've ever had.

I just wish I damned well used it more!

That's the same move I made, only concern I really had was the reported poor AF, but in reality it's no worse than the 40D and I've had little issues thus far. Only thing I would change is the live view, but that's far from a big issue, as I said before, IQ wise its right up there with my Mamiya RB.

Shot this today with a Helios 44/2 (58mm) lens attached to a 12mm extension tube;

IMG_6299_zps5ba075bf.jpg

Canon 5D Mk1

I currently using a Canon 50mm 1.8 II I think I pay £90 for that new few years back, I just sold my 400d and EFS 17-85 lens. The money I got I place an order for a canon 85mm 1.8 USM. I can't wait to get some shorts with it :)

8657420589_bf468d0c84_c.jpg

This is my first photo here and my first time with Flickr.
Flickr resized the photo and sharpened it a bit. I guess I should have resized it myself first... :thinking:

Peter,

Was this one also shot with an extension tube?
What aperture did you use?

I have one similar lens, mine I believe is 44M-4, but I have to check.

I fancy a 5D2 at some point, however funds dictate otherwise sadly at present, and I'm not sure I'd want to get rid of my 5D either. I tend to end up becoming a bit to connected with the things I buy!

I'd also like the really good glass to go with it, like a 24-70... :bang:

Back