canon 60d owners thread

Just after a little advice if possible. I have found a Sigma 1.4x APO Teleconvertor and wondered if it would match up well with my Sigma 150-500 and 60d (obviously ;))
Heard a couple of conflicting reports that the auto focus wont work or will. Any help greatfully received.:canon:

Last edited:
ok i got canon 60d - 18 -135 lens .. would that be able to do music videos?

im a total noob at this..learning..
also i want to buy an external microphone (RODE) or any other good brand

for interviews indoors and outdoors... can anyone recommend me and ALL round external microphone that is good all round.

I am thinking of getting the 60D to replace me ageing 350D. It's looks like there is a 60Da now and the 60D isn't available at some places....is this a recent shift? Anyone know?

I am thinking of getting the 60D to replace me ageing 350D. It's looks like there is a 60Da now and the 60D isn't available at some places....is this a recent shift? Anyone know?

The 60Da is aimed at astrophotographers, it's more sensitive to certain kinds of light but you can still get the 60D from Amazon, DigitalRev & Panamoz

Anyone using a Yongnuo 468ii flash with their 60D? Does the wireless function in the camera operate the flash as it should?

I have a 60d and it's my backup from the mark ii. It's ok but would def need to upgrade to ff soon as the noise from the sensor is noticeable against ff. I love the flip out lens and use it if i can't be bothered to lye down on my front. Here's a shot I took recently with it and using the flip out screen. I couldn't see the screen as it was sunny and that's the only downside - the glare from the sun etc. It's also hard to focus using the screen i found.

View attachment 13695

Just got my 60D last week :D Loving it so far... First test was in at the deep end covering the Hebridean Celtic Festival on the Isle of Lewis.

Here is a few of my favorites from the last day of the festival.

Open Day Rotation by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Open Day Rotation & Calum Martin by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Larkin Poe by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Decided to buy some decent glass for my 60d. Cant wait for an opportunity to use it now, definitely an upgrade on the standard 18-55mm kit lens I have :D

1 by cookie200sx, on Flickr

Well after a couple of recommendations and reading the posts on here the 60D is becoming a very likely candidate for my planned upgrade in April.

I have a £500 (ish) budget for body and lens and more than happy with something used but don't really want to be carrying lots of lenses so thinking in the region of a 15 to 85 ish. Would happy to add an extra £100 if that gave me a decent lens upgrade.

Looks like the 60D was a very popular upgrade from 350,450 users etc but guessing a few years on there will be plenty on the market come April.

Well after a couple of recommendations and reading the posts on here the 60D is becoming a very likely candidate for my planned upgrade in April.

I have a £500 (ish) budget for body and lens and more than happy with something used but don't really want to be carrying lots of lenses so thinking in the region of a 15 to 85 ish. Would happy to add an extra £100 if that gave me a decent lens upgrade.

Looks like the 60D was a very popular upgrade from 350,450 users etc but guessing a few years on there will be plenty on the market come April.

I've just picked up my second 60D. I got it from RichmondCameras for £300. Great price... Worth checking eBay for low shutter count models. As always, I will always recommend the nifty fifty for the bag to compliment it :D

Anyone tried using the aspect ratio's of live view for framing your photograph? Love shooting in the square format, and just realized this function is available in live view.

After a long delay I have just pulled the trigger on an ebay purchase of a 60D complete with double battery carrier grip and an 18-55 and a 55-250 canon lenses.

Looking forward to getting it delivered and trying it and no doubt then starting on the kens upgrade path

Picked a 60D up the other day for such a bargain price I couldn't resist. I did have a 7D years ago and could never get on with the noise levels at anything above 400 ISO but the 60D, even though it has the same sensor seems much better, I shoot RAW so its not down to the in camera image processing.
Nice camera to keep in the car so its always handy.

well guys just picked a S/H unit for the missus hope she gets on with it ...

Is it possible to do time lapse photography on the 60D ?

Been watching a lot of YouTube videos recently and fancy trying it out myself

Many thanks

Tony

Many thanks

Going to give that a try.

Hi just a question about remote shutter releases. I was looking at the TC-80N3 but couldn't find if it would work with the camera. Can anyone advise about which remote works for timed long exposures with the 60d? TIA! I did try the link above but page had expired!

Last edited:
Back