Canon EF 70-200mm F/4.0 L IS USM

I've had dispatch notification too... with the Free super saver delivery lol

Kinda wished I'd paid for the quick one now, but wasn't expecting to get this far!

I've noticed on my credit card that the payment is 'Pending' too, and was as soon as I got the 'pleased to bring your delivery date forward' email.

Think I'm home dry?

Well, I'm pleased for Mick, seeing as he very hastily(!) despatched his non-IS version of the 70-200 in preparation for the new one. Seems like a roll of the dice as far as amazon upholding their policies are concerned; suggests that they don't have a single, integrated stock control system.

For future reference it looks like the best thing to do in a situation like this is upgrade to the fastest delivery option available, that way the order is confirmed and dispatched before amazon know what's hit them ;)

I had thought the very same thing myself about delivery options as I went for 'free delivery'

I had also just won a £25 Amazon voucher so I actually paid £610 for mine.

Mind you, I ain't got it yet..........:)

I had thought the very same thing myself about delivery options as I went for 'free delivery'

I had also just won a £25 Amazon voucher so I actually paid £610 for mine.

Mind you, I ain't got it yet..........:)

I sold my 55-250, which I originally received as a gift, to help finance this latest purchase, so I paid £500 for mine!* :LOL:

*not what I'm going to insure it for, though ;)

I sold my 55-250, which I originally received as a gift, to help finance this latest purchase, so I paid £500 for mine!* :LOL:

*not what I'm going to insure it for, though ;)

Ok, I sold my 70-200mm non IS for £370 to finance the IS version so I paid £240 for mine.........:razz:

I hope I get it now....:D

Oh dear, I just noticed your 55-250 was a gift...:confused:

Haha I was only kidding around! Point is we're very lucky to get it for the price amazon were giving it away at anyway (y)

Last edited:
Well, I got mine today.

Do feel for those that did'nt get one especially anyone who may of ordered before I did but that's Amazons fault.

Anyone else get one today?

Thank's to Nifkin.........

Not yet - but I went for free delivery! (Do'h)

It is dispatched though, and they've taken the money so either this week, or the begining of next :)

Not yet - but I went for free delivery! (Do'h)

It is dispatched though, and they've taken the money so either this week, or the begining of next :)

I went for free delivery, as, iirc, est delivery time was something like 2-5 weeks

Strange, no tracking number for me! - did they send you it, or is it somewhere on the order on the Amazon 'Your Account' page

Strange, no tracking number for me! - did they send you it, or is it somewhere on the order on the Amazon 'Your Account' page

I had one email saying it's coming sooner than expected and then this one.....

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent to:

michael johnson

United Kingdom

using City Link.

Your tracking number is Y*******. You can use this number to track the
delivery status of your order online by visiting Your Account at.........

Damn... lol

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent to:

Dave Witchalls

United Kingdom

using Royal Mail.

For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please
visit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

I wouldn't worry about the tracking number; amazon use a number of different 'delivery partners' apparently, some provide a tracking number, others not. I didn't receive a tracking number for mine, and it was delivered Royal Mail Signed For the second working day after it was sent. Basically if they've said it's despatched and they've taken the money, the deal is done. (y)

:D

Thanks Simon, didn't think this one was going to work out for me originally - very odd, but very lucky :)

:D

Thanks Simon, didn't think this one was going to work out for me originally - very odd, but very lucky :)

Haha, yes; amazon do move in mysterious ways, eh? But don't thank me, thank their stock control system; seems to be a law unto itself :LOL: Tis a shame that a few people here lost out, but, after all the cancellation emails that were flying about last week, just glad to see at least three of you were successful. I was playing with the lens over the weekend, and it is awesome ;) happy shooting guys.

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Roll on the weekend when I get to use it in anger.

Well just be careful you don't break it then ;)

Last edited:
Mine arrived also. Ordered on 13th. the IS is quite noisy, is this normal?

I'm very impressed with the 4 stop IS...in fact, I thought it had come with an invisible tripod the first time I tried it.:)

I have two other lenses, both with the older IS and the new one does make a different noise.

Mine (new one) has a very short 'buzz' and then the normal sound of the IS running. It also has the same short 'buzz' when turning off.

My older lenses have more of a dim 'clunk' when starting and turning off.

They both sound the same when running though.

You guys planning on putting a UV filter on it for protection or just using the hood?

You guys planning on putting a UV filter on it for protection or just using the hood?

I'm not a fan of UV filters or any other type just for potection.

I do use the hoods of course and am carefull with all my lenses.

Mine still hasnt arrived! lol

Does say should be delivered by the latest of the 2nd of March, but I want my new toy now!!! lol

It arrived this morning! :D (not signed for or anything!)

Thanks again to Simon :)

Dave.

Thanks to the OP.

I ordered mine saturday afternoon, thought I had no hope but arrived yesterday. Lovely lens for an outstanding price.

So that's eight so far, including me? not a bad tally; an aggregate saving of £2,584 on Amazon's current price for the lens :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back