Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

Sad news, strange news.

some may know I've fed a number of semi-feral cats and stray cats around the farm over many years.
one was a lovely feral B&W who had 2 litters of kittens (before I caught her to be sprayed..;).)
tn_100_32101.jpg
all adopted via the local vet except one to keep her mother company.
Sadly she passed away last month - peacefully under her favorite tree. Never came indoors

in the summer a ginger cat turned up - a BIG female
with recent belly surgical stitches - spayed..? - maybe a domestic who ran away after the operation
she had NO worries about sleeping in the cottage - even overnight. Super affectionate..!
tn_DSCF0622.JPG

now the strange news.............just DAYS after the B&W died, I noticed the food bowls were still being emptied
I thought maybe fox - but saw this one last night...... Rubbish quick snap - I'll use the D90 next time.
tn_DSCF1079.JPG
very wary - but doesn't retreat more than 10ft so I'll continue to win her/him over with food
NOTE...something odd about the RH front paw - seems to be bent greater then 90 degrees
same with the rear LH paw which actually rests flush with the ground
any ideas -- once I have her trust - I'll do a vet visit

Last edited:
Leo another one of our Bengals

2021-10-20 15.17.20.jpg

Last edited:
I don't profess to be at all compitant at pet photography (or people for that matter) so a lot of times i get the Eyes but not the nose. or the nose but not the eyes. Smaller aperture needed I think.

Anyway these are a few snaps of my Oreo, who I got when she was 3 months in October 20. A few from 20 and a few from 21/22 with her favorite activity of Jumping. Which gives me an excuse to get down on the floor and take some photos!

IMG_3627.jpgIMG_3769.jpgIMG_3939.jpg5G4A9480.jpg5G4A9488.jpg5G4A9495.jpg5G4A6496.jpg5G4A6644.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4091.jpg
    IMG_4091.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 3
Rocco1.jpg Thread needs an injection of Maine Coon,.. This is Rocco. Not mine, OH's brother in Germany has 2, this is the younger. I would have one, 2 reasons not to: allergies and fear of cats being squashed on nearby A316.

Hello I’ve really enjoyed looking through this post but a lot of the images are a square screen with a Red Cross through ,I’m new to photography could somebody enlighten me please.
Thanks(y):)
I can't speak for others but mine were hosted on Flickr and I no longer have an account.

:LOL::LOL:I don't profess to be at all compitant at pet photography (or people for that matter) so a lot of times i get the Eyes but not the nose. or the nose but not the eyes. Smaller aperture needed I think.

Anyway these are a few snaps of my Oreo, who I got when she was 3 months in October 20. A few from 20 and a few from 21/22 with her favorite activity of Jumping. Which gives me an excuse to get down on the floor and take some photos!

View attachment 351183View attachment 351184View attachment 351185View attachment 351192View attachment 351193View attachment 351194View attachment 351190View attachment 351191
And I thought my youngest ( 4 years old) was nuts.
Her pass time is to run the full length of the apartment , jump on the rug in the lounge and slide on the parquet flooring until it hits the wall with her on it!

They are cracking photos of your Oreo, the first two clearly show in her eyes just crazy she is :ROFLMAO:
She is obviously very happy and enjoying her youth ….. good on her !

This thread needs some more love - here are some I took of Oreo tonight. I don’t bother too often because A.) she doesn’t sit still, B.) she avoids the camera and c.) I can’t seem to get the light I need to take a decent exposure at the required aperture or shutter speed.

No flash with me so this was taken at iso 10,000 f4 1/3….. one later highlights the exposed problem. To capture movement - no choice but to under expose and a photo severely impacted by noise.

5G4A9741.jpg5G4A9751.jpg
Hmm not sure why this one looks so soft. Looks fine in creative cloud.

5G4A9810.jpg

Last edited:
I said goodbye to my little cat Cali today as she had very advanced kidney disease and there was nothing further that the vet could do to help her.

This image was taken in March 2016

cali-4811.jpg

So long my little fluffy friend

I said goodbye to my little cat Cali today as she had very advanced kidney disease and there was nothing further that the vet could do to help her.

8 years (it seems like just yesterday) since I had to do that for my last cat and I'm sitting here holding back the tears while the spirits of all five of mine rub heads with me. They go from your life but not from your soul.

Those eyes :love: lovely colour!

Thank you Gav, she is a lovely cat. She is our 2nd Ragdoll.

I'm not a cat man myself, I don't mind them but it's dogs for me. Our first Raggy though, did manage to steal my heart, he was so dog like in his ways.

This one, well, she's OK, just a typical cat and quite aloof.

Bless.

Cat in a pot , as soon as it looked round it was gone, Taken through a window.

Attachments

• CAA3463D-C3A7-4A62-ABC8-E1FF5A80E738.jpeg
    CAA3463D-C3A7-4A62-ABC8-E1FF5A80E738.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 9
Back