Critique Cat portrait

Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Been trying for a while to get April to sit still for me, I managed to get this shot before she decided the birds at the window were entertaining :)

Any C&C welcome as always

Thank you for looking

Gav

April
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

(y)

I’d say lose rhe bottom of the bag and concentrate on April?

Lovely Cat , one of ours was called April . Think it would improve if the back ground was completely plain with no bag present at all . Still a very nice photo and nicely lit . You done well getting her to pose at all in my opinion , they are not the most co operative of animals in my experience .

Lovely Cat , one of ours was called April . Think it would improve if the back ground was completely plain with no bag present at all . Still a very nice photo and nicely lit . You done well getting her to pose at all in my opinion , they are not the most co operative of animals in my experience .
The bag is important, it's the only thing she likes to sit on and we have no idea why :)
Cats are a law to their own ;)

Thank you for the feed back, I will work with for April on the next go

Thanks, More like this? I think I wanted to keep her eyes at the top 3rd of the image :)

View attachment 344020
Hi, yes, a bit more like that - but when I replied originally, I wasn't aware of the importance of the bag...

Maybe have two versions - one with the bag for those that know of the importance of it, and one of the beautiful cat! (but without the bag at all!)

Hi, yes, a bit more like that - but when I replied originally, I wasn't aware of the importance of the bag...

Maybe have two versions - one with the bag for those that know of the importance of it, and one of the beautiful cat! (but without the bag at all!)
I forgot to add the part about the bag, I will work on her sitting else where, thanks for the feed back (y)

I try to catch mine at rest or at play, there is a cat appreciation thread that's full of great ideas.

IMO, the red logo draws too much attention. So I would lose the logo and vignette/crop the bottom a bit more to deemphasize the bag some.

View attachment 344068
Hi Steven, thank you for taking the time to edit, I'm so used to seeing the logo I look past it, but I can now see it does draw the eye away, I will keep a better eye on the small things.

Thanks again (y)

Lovely shots the 2nd one in your recent edits is the one for me :clap:

Coho - Blue

Agreed!

Hi Gav.

Quality images. Love those. You did a great job.
I think I agree number 2 of the edits would be my choice. Being picky I would have a touch more of the bag showing just a tiny bit.

Gaz

I like the amount of bag in #3... there's enough there that I think it still tells the story and it's inclusion seems intentional. Cutting too much of it off makes it seem like a distraction/aspect that you couldn't quite get rid of IMO.

Hi Gav.

Quality images. Love those. You did a great job.
I think I agree number 2 of the edits would be my choice. Being picky I would have a touch more of the bag showing just a tiny bit.

Gaz
Hi Gaz

Thank you :)

I think I agree with the bag, now I've come back to these having not seen them for a few days, they don't look quite right

Thanks for the feed back

Gav

I like the amount of bag in #3... there's enough there that I think it still tells the story and it's inclusion seems intentional. Cutting too much of it off makes it seem like a distraction/aspect that you couldn't quite get rid of IMO.
Hi Steven

Thanks, I agree with you and @cargo on this now I've looked back.

Thanks for the feed back

Gav

I like the evolution of the crop.. losing the distracting bag logo helps. The shots are great, have good lighting and are taken at the subject eye level.

Back