Central London Parking wow

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
So I am working this weekend in (very) Central London.
My client has managed to get me into there private car park for the weekend
otherwise it was going to be £150/3days wow why do people do London?

So I am working this weekend in (very) Central London.
My client has managed to get me into there private car park for the weekend
otherwise it was going to be £150/3days wow why do people do London?
Just a thought....

Don't forget there will both Congestion Zone Charges and I think ULEZ charges to pay?

Just a thought....

Don't forget there will both Congestion Zone Charges and I think ULEZ charges to pay?

yup allready added that up im £15/day but no ulez as tiny petrol.
with hotel fees and all in i am charging the client about £1600 for the weekend
London is just silly

We went to London last year and I never even thought about going by car. We got the train down and a taxi from the station to the hotel and same on the way home. Maybe too much for us as we're in the NE so about 250 miles.

Good luck with the trip.

Last edited:
We went to London last year and I never even thought about going by car. We got the train down and a taxi from the station to the hotel and same on the way home. Maybe too much for us as we're in the NE so about 250 miles.

Good luck with the trip.

I can't do the train as to much kit to carry which is a shame as i can get 1st class with grand central door to door for almost the same as fuel cost.

Or.....no ulez, 100% discount on congestion charge and either free parking or about 80p for 4 hours.

I'm driving next weekend because it's so much cheaper than the train even on my own.

You can see why people like electric cars :D

We need to drive in next week, we are taking my daughter out to see a show for her birthday but I believe the train strikes are now on that date so we will have to drive instead. £24 parking for the evening, £15 congestion charge and maybe £20 in petrol still works out less than buying three train tickets and travelling on the tube. Also nice not to have to ride the vomit comet home.

Or.....no ulez, 100% discount on congestion charge and either free parking or about 80p for 4 hours.

I'm driving next weekend because it's so much cheaper than the train even on my own.
To register for exempt or discount on the congestion charge, you need to pay £10 "admin fee" before your visit, this registration lasts for 1 year.
ULEZ is automatic, so no need to do anything for that with a compliant car.

Westminster allows EV to pay for 10min parking (minimum time) and park for up to 4 hours. We usually get into city around 10am so it's easy to find spaces, and drive home after lunch.

My typical cost for a trip into the city is £1-£1.50 for a car full of people. 50-80p for parking, 50-70p for energising the car. Only limiting factor is my patience to control the car in traffic, I'm still driving the short range EV into city because it's smaller and I'm less worried about bumps and scraps than my brand new long range EV.

Drove to Canary Wharf on Sunday. Car Parking there is £24 for 24 hours. 1st three hours are free on weekends & bank holidays.

No ULEZ (day old hybrid) and no congestion charge. Met with friends for lunch and got back to the car park with 5 minutes to spare before the 3 hours were up.

I've done London and back in a day twice before (about 500 mile round trip) in a MG Midget but I was younger then and these days I don't think I'd attempt it.

Hope the trip goes well Paul.

To register for exempt or discount on the congestion charge, you need to pay £10 "admin fee" before your visit, this registration lasts for 1 year.
ULEZ is automatic, so no need to do anything for that with a compliant car.

Westminster allows EV to pay for 10min parking (minimum time) and park for up to 4 hours. We usually get into city around 10am so it's easy to find spaces, and drive home after lunch.

My typical cost for a trip into the city is £1-£1.50 for a car full of people. 50-80p for parking, 50-70p for energising the car. Only limiting factor is my patience to control the car in traffic, I'm still driving the short range EV into city because it's smaller and I'm less worried about bumps and scraps than my brand new long range EV.
70p for the leccy? That must be like a 30 mile round trip :)

It's 150 miles for me so it will cost a fiver.

I've done London and back in a day twice before (about 500 mile round trip) in a MG Midget but I was younger then and these days I don't think I'd attempt it.

Hope the trip goes well Paul.

cheers mate its going to be a very full on weekend its a massive network/switch swapout job at a major government office we are looking at 12 hour days sat and sunday.

70p for the leccy? That must be like a 30 mile round trip :)
Around 24 miles round trip to Science museum for me. :) I was being pessimistic with costing, as always.
But good estimates.

With business trip, these costs are of zero concern. Just put it onto expenses. Do whatever makes the job easiest.

YourParking Space - people rent out their driveways etc. They also manage some car parks - a few Premier Inn ar parks are managed by them particularly in inner cities

I went to London............................. once! One word. Why? Give me a piece of woodland or meadow any day!

Back