Christine

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we have Christine, a friend from the pub. I went into the studio to practice some other types of lighting rather than the studio softbox we normally have set up. Using a beauty dish and a honeycomb. These were shot on a white background, with out usual white floor. I cannot change to a black backdrop on my own, so with the use of lighting and some editing in photoshop [not a lot may I add[ Here we have a selection of images and slightly different processing from today in the studio with Christine.
Also see images of her friend Cas, here

3450470992_7e890c7076_o.jpg

3449742519_883e248c7b_o.jpg

3450673566_0bb6f2a3e9_o.jpg

3450764840_659462b142_o.jpg

3450882100_4e6289ae74_o.jpg

3450240303_1d5d0f3870_o.jpg

3450392441_4ca3be7fc9_o.jpg

3451249408_d6372f75fc_o.jpg

3450484955_c01eeffb61_o.jpg

Thanks for looking, these were all shot using one light only :)

Last edited:
1 4 and 6 for me. Not a bad set but if I'm honest I don't think the hard cross lighting has paid your model any compliments.

She has a great face, and I think no6 is an awesome shot, they are all great though, and I love the lighting you have used :) xx

I generally use softboxes etc, I generally do do more work in the "white-room" style, - as said on the other thread, and the first one using this style instead of softboxes.
I'm not afraid to make mistakes. However some of them I really do like, but then again I occasionally have a different view on photography than some people - the model in question actually love the photographs.

Seriously, use 85mm or longer and softboxes + reflectors. Your clients will say thank you. I promise.

I don't think she was after the softly lit approach, not everyone is or wants it - good to try something different for a change - no ???

:shrug:

DD

Absolutley!

To be honest I hardly ever use my softboxes and much prefer a beauty dish, it's far more versatile. Softly lit portraits are one thing but if you think for one moment about album covers, how many were done like that?

I like these, they are a lot more edgy than your normal stuff. 2,6 and 8 are the strongest and I can easily see No6 on an album cover or poster.

The other thing to remember is just how much you learn by taking those steps away from the safe path. Good for you. :)

I went to school with Christine, I thought this is who you meant when I saw your pics of ?Kas? (no good at names, sorry).

Do you know Helena too? She's a great model from what I've seen.

Great to see you stepping away from your comfort zone, they've worked really well! Be good to see them all with a really edgy mono conversion perhaps...

I don't think she was after the softly lit approach, not everyone is or wants it - good to try something different for a change - no ???

:shrug:

DD

What gave you the idea that I wasnt after softly lit? :LOL:

Absolutley!

To be honest I hardly ever use my softboxes and much prefer a beauty dish, it's far more versatile. Softly lit portraits are one thing but if you think for one moment about album covers, how many were done like that?

I like these, they are a lot more edgy than your normal stuff. 2,6 and 8 are the strongest and I can easily see No6 on an album cover or poster.

The other thing to remember is just how much you learn by taking those steps away from the safe path. Good for you. :)

When shooting kids, its good to do softly lit, I dont think they'd be able to cope with the harsh lighting that these posess!
And I did want to do something edgy! Hence why these as they are, I definately want to do some more of this type of stuff, predominatly because this was my first "try" I am happy with whats come out but want to try some other type of this stuff too :)

I like no 6, predominately because its a portrait but you cannot see her face. Its something different.

I went to school with Christine, I thought this is who you meant when I saw your pics of ?Kas? (no good at names, sorry).

Do you know Helena too? She's a great model from what I've seen.

Yeah, Cas, and Christine and Helena are all friends, and I know that Christine and Helena are going to come and do some more photographs for me. :)

Great to see you stepping away from your comfort zone, they've worked really well! Be good to see them all with a really edgy mono conversion perhaps...

Yeah I didnt want to make them all Mono - I could have easily made them all mono though! :LOL:

2, 4, 6 are my fav's from the set, 6 in particular is great. I really like the way the shadows work. It prompted an out loud wow when I was looking through them, really jumped out.

The set on the whole is impressive. Its inspired me to keep trying. Lighting is something I am struggling with at the moment!

I think i need to hire a studio or something for a ew hours, strobist style lighting in a tiny tiny flat has its limitations!!!

2, 4, 6 are my fav's from the set, 6 in particular is great. I really like the way the shadows work. It prompted an out loud wow when I was looking through them, really jumped out.

The set on the whole is impressive. Its inspired me to keep trying. Lighting is something I am struggling with at the moment!

I think i need to hire a studio or something for a ew hours, strobist style lighting in a tiny tiny flat has its limitations!!!

Thanks Rob - No 2 seems to be something that most people tend to favour.
Althought with No 6 - It is one that seems to be getting the most reaction. And its either people love it or hate it :LOL:

Yeah, Cas, and Christine and Helena are all friends, and I know that Christine and Helena are going to come and do some more photographs for me.

I look forward to seeing them. :)

My friend has been looking at these who I work with and she's commented that she's used to seeing things "like this" due to her reading vogue and other fashion magazines. She thinks they're "really good" and it is just thinking outside the box that produces other results

there great 2 4 6 my fav,post more ,(y)

Last edited:
Nice set Adele :) I quite like the lighting in these, even though in some it is a little harsh. #5 seems a little on the hot side. And I don't really like the models posture in #3, her shoulders seem slumped, its better in #2. (y)

Back