Christmas present ideas for the photographer that has got it all!!

Name
Rach
Edit My Images
No
I am a bit stuck what to buy my dad for Christmas, he's rather tricky to buy for. He's got a 5Dmkii and a host of lenses, likes to shoot landscapes best, doesn't need a camera bag or filters or cleaning kits, he's got the lot. He buys camera magazines like they are going out of fashion so doesn't need a subscription 'cos he will just buy them anyway!! :bang: He has a gorillapod and monopod and normal tripod with a spirit level thingy.

I wondered about a nice memory card case does anyone know of any nicer ones? Or any good books, he likes those landscape photographer of the year books if that's any help, and has a book on his amazon wishlist that's about using a flash properly...

Any other unusual/quirky ideas or just good books I could get him? Nothing too expensive as I am very poor my maximum budget for all of his presents is £40 and I'd like to split that budget between a few gifts if possible :)

7 day shop aluminium case holds 8 cards for 7 quid cracker it is get it on amazon

Buy him a film camera, something like a Holga that is nothing like the high end equipment he already has.

Due to the time of year, Amateur Photographer have their annual christmas present ideas list in thi sweek's issue.

How about an old camera? You can sometimes pick up some lovely old kit for not much at car boots. I have a shelf full of Box Brownies and similar odds. I found a Zenit E in working condition with a Helios f/2 lens for a fiver last year. This model was the first proper camera I owed, so high nostalgia factor.

Just had a one to one days tutition with Dennis Brommage (landscapes) bought as a xmas pressie, thanks Liz for the idea . Might be something he would like.

a photo book, something like one of Simon Norfolk's, etc, depending on what kind of photos he likes. I'm not a huge fan of landscapes so can't recommend any I'm afraid.

I've got both the crewdson books coming for christmas :D

Last edited:
Back