Clara Vale

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
I was made redundant at the end of March, and at the moment I'm not missing work. Still actively looking for another job, but I'm able to spend my in-between time taking photographs, and I think I'm improving as a result.
These are a few of the photos I took on a hop over to Clara Vale on Tuesday. I think the last is a Willow Tit rather than a Marsh Tit, but I could be wrong.

Any C&C appreciated.

Dan

5616270787_bb6344fa42_z.jpg

1) Nuthatch

5616855994_b79871ae42_z.jpg

2) Jay

5616860340_1d04d84cc5_z.jpg

3) Greenfinch

5618322487_2d004c6755_z.jpg

4) Bullfinch

5616273689_1765352a89_z.jpg

5) Moorhen chick

5616859668_929146186b_z.jpg

6) Willow Tit

Very nice set Dan, i agree a Willow tit, large bib, buffy flanks. head shape,a more robust looking bird than Marsh.

A nice set of shots Dan, the Greenfinch is also my favourite.

Regards: Gordon

Lovely set, my favourite is the greenfinch

Thank you kindly

i don't know a great deal about bird photography, but these strike me as very crisp and well exposed shots! good work

I don't know much about it either, I just know that I enjoy it! :LOL:

Very nice set Dan, i agree a Willow tit, large bib, buffy flanks. head shape,a more robust looking bird than Marsh.

Cheers! Took me ages to decide, even after looking at illustrations and photographs of both Willow and Marsh Tits.

A nice set of shots Dan, the Greenfinch is also my favourite.

Regards: Gordon

Much appreciated, and thanks.

Planning to go back there again soon, hopefully the Jays will come a bit closer then. It was still a pleasure seeing them though. I hadn't seen a Jay in a number of years and in my first trip to Clara Vale I saw two.

Nice set Dan.

If you are looking for Jays, they've been at Thornley Woods when I've been. And your hide key for Clara Vale should fit.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=309758

I've haven't seen them yet when I've been to Thornley woods, but I'll keep a look out for them now, cheers!

A very nice series of shots Dan.

Cheers, Roy!

Great set, my favourite is the Greenfinch, although the Bullfinch is a close second for me!

I think I'm biased towards the Bullfinch, just because its my all time favourite small bird for no other reason than it was on the front cover of of my Ladybird book of Garden Birds when I was a nipper :D

Nice set of shots, I think the Nuthatch is my fav.

Thanks Ken!

Dan,
Great shots even if birds arent my thing. What did attract me was the title, Clara Vale! My Gran still lives there, and I helped build the conservation area! Me and my late Grandpa dug out the 'new' ponds, built the BBQ and erected the hide (not sure where in Clara Vale the shots were taken).

Dan,
Great shots even if birds arent my thing. What did attract me was the title, Clara Vale! My Gran still lives there, and I helped build the conservation area! Me and my late Grandpa dug out the 'new' ponds, built the BBQ and erected the hide (not sure where in Clara Vale the shots were taken).

Cheers Neil! They were taken at the two hides that are at the conservation area next to the cricket grounds. The first 4 were taken from the woodlands hide, as you're standing at the parking area with the entrance on the same side as the cricket pavilion its to the left of the conservation area. The last two were from the hide next to the two ponds. They're really nice hides!

Really great set, the Jay and greenfinch are stunning.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks, Rob. Really appreciate it!

Cracking set of shots Dan showing great colour and clarity sir (y)
You do have to feel sorry for the moorhen chick who was definately at the back of the queue when they handed out the cute factor !! :)
John

Nice set Dan.

If you are looking for Jays, they've been at Thornley Woods when I've been. And your hide key for Clara Vale should fit.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=309758

did you know that the council have stopped feeding at Thornley woods? a lot of people are unhappy, i was there last week and took my own seed. Also at far pastures they have decimated the sluice there is only one kingfisher perch now as the other has been snapped or sunk. i love to while away lots of hours around that area, sitting in the car park at Far Pastures on sunday when a deer bounded through from the water treatment side and over to the little paddock as you drive down. got some record shots but not good enough to put up here.

Back