Close Encounter

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Thought I'd share a few shot's from yesterday with you. I was trying to attempt to get a few shots of a Hen Harrier however before the Hen Harrier turned up I had another visitor, a Fox.

I was well hidden so he didn't see me at first as he walked past me a took a few shot's but as I clicked away he drew nearer. I can only assume he thought it could be his next meal moving around in the undergrowth. He started to run at me until he was just about to pounch, I made myself known and he stopped dead. Startled I was there he slowly backed off before disappearing into the trees.

A couple of the shots, hope you like them.

Canon 7D and Canon 500mm F4 IS Tripod

1/1250 F/4 ISO 800

Fox-0026.jpg

Fox-0028.jpg

Couple more on my site.

Cheers
Carl.

http://www.carldayphotography.co.uk/

Love the eye contact and the sense of movement, the early morning light suits the shot too. It seems you would both have had a shock if you hadnt made yourself known :puke:. Lovely image and well done (y)

these are gorgeous! (y)

These are really nice, the second is stunning. As said quality is fantastic.

I can't stop looking at these shot's ,they are fantastic ,how lucky you were to get him so close....well captured as i think i would have panicked .

Gorgeous images, he looks very determined I also love the red against the frosty looking grass...very nice!

2nd for me, but both awesome!

Right place at the right time along with nice light and nice frosty ground to set off the colours of the fox who was looking right at you. I think I hate you :)

Best fox photos I can recall-the colouring is superb too.

Great shots Carl! Couldn't you have left it a couple more seconds, just as he took off towards you?;)
That would have surprised you both:D

fantastic images, I couldn't choose between them..you must be pleased..(y)

Great shots! I'd love to have my foxes turn up during the day in sunlight instead of 3am!!!

aw you lucky thing :clap: should have let him pounce I say :LOL:

Amazing pics! Very well captured, stunning light, just brilliant! I would be very proud of those!

I can only echo the other comments here, very nice shots indeed

Lucky you.... obviously thought he had a meal due there! Bet it was a surprise when you showed yourself. Love the sense of movement the second one gives, so my fave for that, but also love the colours on the first. (y)

Back