Color Pop

Name
Zak Millard
Edit My Images
Yes
Now i know what you are thinking alot of photgraphers hate selective color but i really like it and ever since i learnt how to do it i have been a bit obsessed, i just wanted to see what other work people have done with it so post your favourate selective color and il post a few of mine. (you probably think im odd and youd be right but oh well!)

leahsarahportiacolorpop_copy_-_Copysmalltouse.jpg

one of my favourate ones from me

Last edited:
Ok selective colouring for xarras sake lol

thats really nice i like it, shame about the sky but still a beautiful picture !!

I think it's one of those "each to their own" things. Personally I quite like it *sometimes* :)

For me it's always looks best when used for subtle effect rather than just for the sake of it.

This is one of mine that I quite like

Kids_with_Toys.jpg

i like that its effective! probably one i like most of mine is this but no one really liked it lol
porshpop_copysmall.jpg

really nice Happyfish lovely picture !!! (y)

Ooh Philimac, that works for all sorts of reasons. Happyfish- i really like that. I am a pop colour fan but i think its very subjective. A bit like marmite i s'pose.

Didn't realise there was much to differentiate between selective colouring & colour popping.

From those above, I think the Porsche and the two children don't really work - both being at the extremes of the technique. However the child on the beach is nearer the money, as is the op's ***.

edit - wtf! - what's with the swear filter on 'pic'!?

Last edited:
Cheers rockkeeper! i think my porshe works but i can see what you mean thanks for the comments and keep the pictures coming!

srahayesmall.jpg

my final addition to this lol im liking all the pictures keep them up!

Wow, allie - that's really quite striking.

And a little frightening! ;)

Meanwhile, back in the 70's............HMM!!!

sorry but no ta.... If shot correctly (with at least a bit of skill) then there would be no need to make your subject stand out with this tack!!.....come on gang please THINK!!

Next we'll be seeing a wedding couple in a champagne glass......!! DOH!

sorry but no ta.... If shot correctly (with at least a bit of skill) then there would be no need to make your subject stand out with this tack!!.....come on gang please THINK!!

is photography not about expanding the boundaries etc - must say your reply to this thread is rather narrow minded

I love looking at Images - and if I like an image I dont give 2 hoots about how it was acheived or what colouring method was used

your analogy
Next we'll be seeing a wedding couple in a champagne glass......!! DOH![/

Most pics you see in the press and mags have all been 'doctored' so please open your mind to creativity
my 2p

Chris

wow, try some selective coloring yourself then come back.

well done all i really like them so far keep them coming and i will work on some my self hehe!

is photography not about expanding the boundaries etc - must say your reply to this thread is rather narrow minded

I love looking at Images - and if I like an image I dont give 2 hoots about how it was acheived or what colouring method was used

your analogy
Next we'll be seeing a wedding couple in a champagne glass......!! DOH![/

Most pics you see in the press and mags have all been 'doctored' so please open your mind to creativity
my 2p

Chris

thank you he is being narrow minded so thanks lol (y)

lol, go away ;)

Seriously though, I agree with the comments.

If you like an image, you like it. Why condemn an image just because of how it was achieved?

If I like a photo, I like it. If I don't, I don't.

For example, that Taxi photo that HaggisUK posted, I don't like it.
I think that the black and white doesn't suit the scene, and perhaps just saturating the whole scene slightly would work better.

The beach shot earlier in the thread however is fantastic.

The OP's image doesn't work for me. Why pick out her dress?

The OP's image doesn't work for me. Why pick out her dress?

i picked it because the other two people beside her had b/w dresses on and also her being in the middle the color focuses on her, i liked it lol

well shes not the best looking girl so that might be good :LOL:

yeah i know what you mean, it was one of my first attempts at it so im pretty happy lol

the middle and right hand (our right) are my cousons and the left hand one is a friend of ours lol im sure they will appreciate your comment =] thank you it took me a while lol but i do prefer my other selective colorings lol i think your right though it doesnt work all that well but the original picture is just a snap shot so i wanted to make it more interesting heres the original

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=88974

Back