Computer Speakers - Recommendations Please

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for some help please. I want to replace my old computer speakers with something more stylish. I don't need surround sound just a decent stereo pair that also look reasonable. Budget around £30.

Recommendations much appreciated and do I still need to buy a new subwoofer as well or could I mix and match with my existing Altec Lansing box under the desk

TIA

I've got the Logitech X-240 2.1 speaker system and I think I paid about £25 for them.

I've had to play around with the tone controls quite a bit in i-Tunes to get the best out of them, but they sound really, really good for the money.

I used Genelec 8030's, which are probably overkill for what you're asking... £420 each.. but whatta noise...

anyway, m-audio and bose have some corking little monitors for slightly more than your budget.. or head on over to overclockers.co.uk and look around...

I've got the Logitech X-240 2.1 speaker system and I think I paid about £25 for them.

I've had to play around with the tone controls quite a bit in i-Tunes to get the best out of them, but they sound really, really good for the money.

This one comes with the iPod dock, doesn't it?

Does it also work as an actual iPod dock for syncing with iTunes? I looked at buying it a few years ago, but as I didn't have an iPod I went for the cheaper 2.0 version!

This one comes with the iPod dock, doesn't it?

Does it also work as an actual iPod dock for syncing with iTunes? I looked at buying it a few years ago, but as I didn't have an iPod I went for the cheaper 2.0 version!

I don't think it came with a dock - it's just 2 small speakers and a sub-woofer. (I might be wrong and there may be a dock still sat in the box which I ignored because I don't own an iPod!)

When I was talking about iTunes I just meant the software on the Mac.

I bought the Logitech LS21 and they cost only around $50.
The quality on eurobeat songs is OK.
However when listening to acid jazz, there seems to be a lack of that distinctive bass present in acid jazz.
If you turn it up full blast it's just enough to wake the neighbours on the other side of your fence.
However this won't be the case if you connect it to a PSP, even on full blast it won't wake them up easily.
Now I bought the Logitech LS21 as a nice set of 2.1 speakers, I need a good set of headphones.

Another Creative user here. I have the Gigaworks T20 (series 1) - slightly above budget, although you don't need a separate subwoofer:

Linky to Amazon

And I think they look stylish! :cool:

I also have the X-240 speakers, they are great. They produce a really good sound. I did not use the optional docking station. Amazon currently have these speakers available for £24.99 (link)

<-Creative Labs soundworks here too.
and have to say-even after all these years,they still sound far better than any of the newer stuff on the market..
Excellent dynamic range,crystal clear at the high end,with deep punchy bass.
(Turned up a bit,visitors to the house are often amazed that it's a PC sound system and not expensive hifi producing the sound..)

I use a 15w Marshal Guitar amp with a CD input. Not stereo of course but for a computer speaker it is fantastic, and very cool.

(y)Another vote for creative

Back