weekly Crotal Bell 52 for 2023 Wk 52 Favourite from 2023.

Hollow, like that. Think the rust and dead flowers being the same colour works really well. Perhaps the framing could have included more from the left hand side

Bit of a grave subject Keith :giggle:

Works well for the theme :)

Your Urban shot suits the theme well Keith, love the patina on your hollow shot.

Good subject matter, some great textures in there. The colours, to my eye, are a bit too strong/vibrant though.
Makes me wonder if the textures would come through better in B&W ?

Good subject matter, some great textures in there. The colours, to my eye, are a bit too strong/vibrant though.
Makes me wonder if the textures would come through better in B&W ?
Interesting idea, maybe B&W would have been an interesting option, I like the suggestion. Thanks for that.

Urban, great combination of cutesy and reality!
Hollow - simple composition which makes a very pleasing image
Solid - you're right, the bark has great texture and colour

I can tell that you're not barking up the wrong tree for theme Keith. Good shot.

Took the cameras for a cycle ride today, the first one makes the weekly post but I quite like the second one too.
009 03 10 23.jpg
003 03 10 23.jpg

Number 1 for me as well, looks good in B&W. For me the second pic looks a bit busy

Hollow - I have a very similar bird feeder which is also in need of some TLC.
Solid - fits the theme and the colours work well. I like the simplicity of the shot.
Gate - I like the mono one best, have you considered lighting the gate a bit so your eye isn't drawn to the distance quite so much?

Hollow - I have a very similar bird feeder which is also in need of some TLC.
Solid - fits the theme and the colours work well. I like the simplicity of the shot.
Gate - I like the mono one best, have you considered lighting the gate a bit so your eye isn't drawn to the distance quite so much?
Gate - TBH I quite liked it that way but I can see what you mean ;)

Bromham Nature Reserve - Certainly a place that means the word "Memory" for me.

During the height of the pandemic, my OCD became terrible, I could barely go out and was scared of going near anyone. Finally I recovered enough to see the mrs again and go out in the car, but I needed places where very few people where around. Bromham Nature Reserve fits the bill, it's well out the way and not many people visit. I always remember how much I loved that first walk around that little reserve, I felt free, safe, and happy for once.

This weather vein is in a yard next to the access track, never photographed it before, and it meant I could finally nail the Tech and get some motion blur :D

025 07 10 23.jpg

Great image and interpretation of the theme. Well done for sharing your memory too. The shutter speed has caught the perfect amount of motion blur too, looks like it's really spinning.

Great image and interpretation of the theme. Well done for sharing your memory too. The shutter speed has caught the perfect amount of motion blur too, looks like it's really spinning.
Thanks Graham. The wind picked up and it really started spinning. I'm not very good at motion blur and shutter speeds so I quickly chose a few until I had one I liked.

That’s a really effective shot, good technique, I like it. And sharing the back story really added to the image, I appreciated it and hope it helps to be able to share.

Good tech shot and a lovely back story. It's amazing how quickly we forget the effects of the pandemic.

That’s a really effective shot, good technique, I like it. And sharing the back story really added to the image, I appreciated it and hope it helps to be able to share.
Thanks Alan, and yes it helps me to be open about these things.
Good tech shot and a lovely back story. It's amazing how quickly we forget the effects of the pandemic.
Thanks Helen, nice to get the tech ticked off :)

Week 41 Upright.
Spotted this bridge on the way home from work today, loads of opportunities for photos on these back roads so must go back another day.
Upright 2.jpg

Last edited:
A good image for your memory submission and the your story was very moving.

Is the shot of the bridge intended for your Upright theme?

I like the bridge.
Not too far from Bromham, might visit the reserve when I get time

Pete

Good bridge/upright, looking at the condition I’m glad it’s not being used

Back