D800, D800E, D610, D810, D750 - Poll

which would you chose and why - all LOW CLICKS and in good condition …… say why if you would like to

• Total voters
Edit My Images
No
A poll for a bit of fun

The proof of all the debate

Last edited:
There's no D700 option!
icon_hissy.gif

:D

Ok the D4s don't need the big pixels count,but a good tough body plus great AF and high ISO would suit me :)

Actually thinking harder on it, I'd take the D810, say if I had 3K to spare - as there's some glass I'd love too

Last edited:
ERROR - that D4S should be D4 ….. sorry - I'd have a couple at that price

It is because I have one and I'm not selling it - no way - I may be persuaded to swop it for a D4 or D4S … but my choice was keep the D700 and buy a D810
You should have said.

In that case I'll vote for the D810 as an additional to the D700. :)

wishing to and be able to are two different things. If i had a spare £3000 i would pick the d4s if i only had £1000 i would have no choice but to choose the d610

I used "wish" to be semi polite rather than say "if you cannot afford it"

As a D700 owner the D750 looks more like a D610s. With that in mind I'd take the D810 for the best of most worlds, and then fall back to the D700 when I need more FPS (i.e. rarely). To me the D4(s) represents poor value and unless your shooting sports all day everyday or a press hound battering the hell out of it then you just don't need that body.

Doesn't look like selling my D800E on here would work out then :D

Because the D810 is the best thing since sliced bread!

......... (but I wish it was a Canon)

D810.. because it fits my needs.... which will also be the reason for everyone else choosing something different. The "winner" in this isn't decided by the most votes - all that means is that most people shoot stuff that requires that camera :)

I'm still not buying one though... no justifiable advantage over my D800E so far as I'm concerned.

D3s. Just for the extra stop of light over my D3.

Where as you getting these prices from? the D3s still sells for £2500+ used everywhere I'v seen it and I'v not seen the Nikon D810 that low new even with grey imports.

Where as you getting these prices from? the D3s still sells for £2500+ used everywhere I'v seen it and I'v not seen the Nikon D810 that low new even with grey imports.

On reflection I agree I'm a bit low on (some) prices

D810 - grey import - £1,843

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/nikon/nikon-d810-dslr-camera-body-only.html

D610 = £900 - the above seller and others - with their 3 year guarantee

D800E = £1,575 new

and even Wex are selling the D750 for £1,800 new - so the grey price will be ???

used prices are what you can get

Last edited:
On reflection I agree I'm a bit low on (some) prices

D810 - grey import - £1,843

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/nikon/nikon-d810-dslr-camera-body-only.html

D610 = £900 - the above seller and others - with their 3 year guarantee

D800E = £1,575 new

and even Wex are selling the D750 for £1,800 new - so the grey price will be ???

used prices are what you can get

Your talking quite different alternatives between buying a grey import with a third party warrantee via bank transfer compared to buying UK stock with a credit/debit card.

You may get the odd D3s mislabelled on ebay going cheap but realistically buying a copy in good condition(low clicks you said not 174K) at that price is pretty unlikely.

It will be interesting to see what the D750 import price comes in at. My guess is the saving won't be as great as some recent releases as the UK price compares more favourable to the US price than it has for many of them at launch rather than just converting pounds to dollars.

I think its notable that the D750 has launched at £250 less than the price of D600 a couple of years ago, added to that as well it actually has a good package deal with the 24-120mm F/4 for £250 less than separate prices. For my own use(printing large landscapes for sale and for myself) I would likely either go with a D800 used or a new D810 but the D750 + 24-120mm package for £2,250 looks like very good value.

Last edited:
None of the above. ;) :LOL:

I want a DX replacement for my D300S. ;) However, if I were to go FF I would save longer to get the D810. For the things I take pics of, a bit of everything, I may find the D6** or D750 wanting, and so be disappointed. :thinking: A D810 gives you the most options imho.

Would still have to keep my D300S for things that require a high frame rate though. ;)

Of course I may have won the Lottery on Friday, and so finance may not be a problem. I could have the D4S and a D810 for very occasional use. Just need to track down the ticket. :rolleyes: :LOL:

3k for a used D4S has to be a bit of a bargain. Can't find one anywhere near that price. Closest I have seen is around the 3.5k mark

OP has said he meant for that to be a D4, not s. Don't think you can edit polls.

It will be interesting to see what the D750 import price comes in at. My guess is the saving won't be as great as some recent releases as the UK price compares more favourable to the US price than it has for many of them at launch rather than just converting pounds to dollars.

D750 - WEX are taking orders at £1,750 - if you want one - not sure where they get them from

I don't think adjusting the prices will change things as they are probably all low, if you take UK supplied street price

Last edited:
OP has said he meant for that to be a D4, not s. Don't think you can edit polls.

Thanks

ERROR - that D4S should be D4 ….. sorry - I'd have a couple at that price

see post #9 above it clearly states that

I could not edit it has you have indicted

Last edited:
D4s because my D3s was stolen and I have enough insurance money to get the D4s at the poll price and it's a newer camera!

Personally I think the D610 represents the best value, they can be had so cheap now and the IQ is simply stunning.

If money were no object I would probably go with a D750 as that would suit my needs best - I tend to do a lot of my photography when trekking/travelling so I want excellent IQ in the lightest package (which is why I bought a D610).

D4s because my D3s was stolen and I have enough insurance money to get the D4s at the poll price and it's a newer camera!

Tracy you will only get the D4 at the poll price, (I wish that I could amend it …… see #9), but the D4 is almost as good as the D4S and Gary has a good D4 for sale

tbh I'm more than satisfied with my D800E. It's the camera I could only dream of owning not many years ago, it's the first proper camera I bought new and reckon it'll do me for many years. Newer may be better, but they're all cracking cameras in their own right really.

tbh I'm more than satisfied with my D800E. It's the camera I could only dream of owning not many years ago, it's the first proper camera I bought new and reckon it'll do me for many years. Newer may be better, but they're all cracking cameras in their own right really.

I intended it to be more about what you would buy now after all the debate about the D750

i.e. to see what the debate thought of the D750

Well, as a side kick to my D800E, I chose the D810. I'm so comfortable with the controls of a D800 now, I'd be a bit confuzzled with other models.

Well, as a side kick to my D800E, I chose the D810. I'm so comfortable with the controls of a D800 now, I'd be a bit confuzzled with other models.

I think that is what's coming out - that the D750 has not convinced versus the D8xx

Back