D800, D800E, D610, D810, D750 - Poll

which would you chose and why - all LOW CLICKS and in good condition …… say why if you would like to

• Total voters
D750 as it has the features I want. I wish it was a smaller body though, so I'm on the fence about actually buying one at the moment.
I wish it was a BIGGER body. :)

The glass is VERY important, yes, but for me both manufacturers have great glass. A camera has to be comfortable to shoot with for me.

there are "gaps" and some Canon lens are far more expensive, i.e. the 200mm 400mm ………. and vica versa ……. c/f the 50mm f1.8 from both

Sony also has a marvellous 70 200mm

and panasonic is the best for video, (I never use vid)

all have their strong points

Where as you getting these prices from? the D3s still sells for £2500+ used everywhere I'v seen it and I'v not seen the Nikon D810 that low new even with grey imports.

I sold 2 d3s cameras in the last year. One with less 20k click for £2k. No chance you'd get £2.5k for a used one.

I wish it was a BIGGER body. :)

I've used a 1Ds2 for the last three years and absolutely loved it. My priorities have changed now though and I want smaller for portability (family days out mainly, I don't do any paid work anymore).

The D750 is only a tiny bit smaller (8mm across the width) than the 7D, so I don't really see it as a small camera as I'd foolishly assumed it would be smaller (I hadn't realised the 6D was basically the same size as a 7D as well).

I'm currently trying out Fuji, and whilst the size is great the performance can be frustrating at times. I might just go with a 5D3, as let's face it, it's still much smaller than the 1Ds2!

I've used a 1Ds2 for the last three years and absolutely loved it. My priorities have changed now though and I want smaller for portability (family days out mainly, I don't do any paid work anymore).

The D750 is only a tiny bit smaller (8mm across the width) than the 7D, so I don't really see it as a small camera as I'd foolishly assumed it would be smaller (I hadn't realised the 6D was basically the same size as a 7D as well).

I'm currently trying out Fuji, and whilst the size is great the performance can be frustrating at times. I might just go with a 5D3, as let's face it, it's still much smaller than the 1Ds2!
It's all about no af-on button for me. BBF and left eye dominant needs a big camera.

It's all about no af-on button for me. BBF and left eye dominant needs a big camera.

As a left-eyed operative I coped with a D90 for BBF, but the 'pro' models are better. All it needs is the button further to the right rather than a bigger body.

As a left-eyed operative I coped with a D90 for BBF, but the 'pro' models are better. All it needs is the button further to the right rather than a bigger body.
That would work for me too.

What the poll is showing is that the new D750 is virtually the last choice out of say 7 bodies, as the two D800 bodies could be lumped together ………. this is even before anyone has physically got hold of it .

What does this say …… Nikon's marketing is bad, the camera is poorly spec …… most of us are "moaners" and can never be satisfied, or WHY

More likely shows that people are voting for what they have and few people have D750s yet.

More likely shows that people are voting for what they have and few people have D750s yet.

I don't have any of the above, (mine are D300, D700 and D7100), and I voted for the D810 ……….from all that I have read, (on here and elsewhere) - I would like a used D4 but feel that for £1,200 less a new D810 is probably better value

The glass is VERY important, yes, but for me both manufacturers have great glass. A camera has to be comfortable to shoot with for me.
Look at it this way... Nikon's "mistakes" are preventing you from buying a camera you don't really need. In another year or two things will change again...

Look at it this way... Nikon's "mistakes" are preventing you from buying a camera you don't really need. In another year or two things will change again...

No, they're making me eye up Canon. ;)

Unless you go grey then d810 is over £2500 for uk model. Out of all of those the bargain is the d800 and maybe the d610. I recently picked up a d800 on here for £1150 so pretty pleased with that price. I probably wouldn't go with a new dslr again, grey or uk model due to the difference in price. The d4s, d810 or d750 would be great but price wise other are better value especially second hand. This poll isn't really of any use as there are too many variables like price, money available, spec required/needed, intended use (landscapes, action, sports, wildlife) etc, these would dictate what people buy not what comes out highest on a poll.

Last edited:
Back