Dataco rules and this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to the Datco rules regarding photographs taken at FA matches.

Which rule is it that prevents photos taken under Datco rules from being posted on this forum?

http://www.pressassociation.com/Images/Restrictions/Football/

Two thoughts come to mind...

a) If you had a Dataco licence you would know what you can and cannot publish, and where.

b) If you don't have a licence (or are acting on behalf of an agency that does) then you shouldn't be taking the images in the first place.

They are the old rules that have since been changed to include social media (but not forums)
Thats not the dataco website

on no it's not :)
Football -Dataco Agreement. That's what it say's at the top of the page?

Is this just a case of being uncertain if photos can be displaid on the forum or is there a clear rule prohibiting display ?

No, you are being deliberately obtuse. That is your link, and as several photographers working the field have already pointed out, not the full dataco licence agreement. However, even using that extract, your chosen link, this forum is neither news nor editorial, no matter how you try to spin it. Any photos posted here that break dataco licences are always reported to staff and always removed. It is that simple and not up for debate or discussion.

It can say what it wants..it isnt the dataco website .. I can put king kipax on headed paper.. it doesnt make me a king

end of the day thats years out of date and a fraction of the size.. its a summary of the old dataco rules..

only the licence holder can publich ..not one of his photogrpahers... you can only publish as editorial.. however the last couple of yrs they allow you to post on twitter of facebook.. but supposed to be watermarked.. you cant post on message forums.. see the sticky threads on here.. its all there :)

the licence isnt all that clear.. #so i ask dataco and I ahve published there replies on here

No, you are being deliberately obtuse. That is your link, and as several photographers working the field have already pointed out, not the full dataco licence agreement. However, even using that extract, your chosen link, this forum is neither news nor editorial, no matter how you try to spin it. Any photos posted here that break dataco licences are always reported to staff and always removed. It is that simple and not up for debate or discussion.
It's not my link at all! It is the Associated Press!

It's not my link at all! It is the Associated Press!

Actually It's The Press Association. Two totally different things. One is owned by the UK press, the other is American.

Now do you wish to continue making a silly person out of yourself or will you just accept what you are told?

You clearly don't hold your own licence and therefore have no right to publish any images taken under their terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back