Davidh6781 Part 2 - 52 on Hold due to broken camera

I prefer the light pic before the crop

#2 just looks a bit unbalanced to my eyes

#1 is spot on though - great depth to it (y)

Thank you

The crop of light is an improvement. I also like the bursts of light across the image.

You adjusted version of surfaces is great, i'm a noob and so my terminology maybe wrong, but I like the improved contrast.

thank you, still stuck on which light to pop into my 52 lol

I vote for the original version, too David. The dark foreground adds another, contrasting, dimension to the sky and the lights. Like, Jenny, I think the starbursts on the lights are a bonus, as is the flare on the stack on the right.

It's very atmospheric and a good take on the theme. :clap:

Jean

I still perfer the OE of light, i think its a 50/50 split on what people like.

thank you

:thinking: I'm undecided about the crops too.
The first one does feel more balanced, but just too much black. The second one is more pleasing in terms of giving the buildings more prominence, but the horizon line feels a little too low . . . can't quite decide!

Whichever way it's cropped, it's still a good shot though. I love the contrast of the orange against the blue sky. The starbursts are a lovely touch and there are some really strong architectural shapes in silhouette. I particularly like the chimney standing out against that plume of smoke (y)

lol, decisions decisions, i do agree the starburst do give it a pop, i will be honest i didn't plan the star burst either :)

thanks all.

Like the cropped light pic - I'm a sucker for night shots like this.

Phil

Thanks Phil, It still seems about 50/50 lol with this light pic. lagged behind again catch up is now required.

Well heres my crowbar and im sure will be slated for it. Lets hope theres a reshoot later down the line and my thinking head is on.

Its some light gear for cine cameras from many many moons ago. Tried to get a film kind of theme to it with its grainy feel
5002337126_551e87c797_t.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a picture from a newspaper :) Think I would like to see a bit more of the film lighting equipment.

please ignore my film picture, its a very poor effort, i am retaking tomorrow evening as i have had a cracking idea.

I'm glad you said ignore that David because I can hardly see it :)

Good luck with your cracking idea (y)

Well my great idea for film didn't go as planned so i am saying i failed that week.

any way onto week 38 - Dirty
5025761470_b5704e5de7_z.jpg

Large version

I will be having a tidy up on post one so it matches part 1 of my 52.

your trainers certainly look like they could do with a clean and the mono adds to the dirty feeling of the image.

Thank you they my grass cuttin trainers lol so they never get a clean, yes I looked at the colour version and thought mono with noise

Cheers

Last edited:
White trainers for grass cutting? Whose bright idea was that? :D I really like the b&w treatments you've given them here, perhaps just like to see a little more space around them.

White trainers for grass cutting? Whose bright idea was that? :D I really like the b&w treatments you've given them here, perhaps just like to see a little more space around them.

Thank you, my original had more around the right hand side and lower right hand side but i cropped it. I can still pop the the original back up.

The fact its in b&w helps create the dirty theme.

Thank you didn't have much inspiration this week, similar to last week.

White trainers for cutting the lawn, David? You'd find a lawnmower easier, though. Sorry, couldn't resist :coat: :exit:

I really like the picture - there's something very photogenic about old footwear, and your mono conversion works a treat and for me the tight framing works well, too. Definitely gets a (y) from me. (y)

Jean

Light: love the colours and the composition - just to confuse the issue I prefer the original crop.

Dirty: I expect most of us have a pair of old trainers like that! They work very well for the theme - I like the way you have arranged them and the slight tint to the image. It is suitably dark and sombre but you can still see lots of detail.

I like the trainers shot in many ways - I like the toning and the detail / angle of the foreground trainer. Something is slightly irritating about the way the trainer in the background interferes with my perception of depth in the scene.

Phil

Sorry David, I missed this second part...

Relaxation, lovely pano shot, very relaxing too...

Endings it does indeed look run down and at the end of it's life, fits the theme nicely.

Electrics, works nicely for the theme, but the mono version has far more impact

Surfaces, love the lightened mono version of the pebbles, excellent result.

Light, the crop is spot on for me... lovely colours in the sky too.

Dirty, that fits the theme really well, and you've done a good job on the conversion...

Thats great David, nice conversion and it really helps highlight the grime in the leather creases. Great image(y)

Thank you i only had three goes on this one and worked great.

White trainers for cutting the lawn, David? You'd find a lawnmower easier, though. Sorry, couldn't resist :coat: :exit:

I really like the picture - there's something very photogenic about old footwear, and your mono conversion works a treat and for me the tight framing works well, too. Definitely gets a (y) from me. (y)

Jean

lol I did try the lawnmower in the end hehe.
thank you :)

Light: love the colours and the composition - just to confuse the issue I prefer the original crop.

Dirty: I expect most of us have a pair of old trainers like that! They work very well for the theme - I like the way you have arranged them and the slight tint to the image. It is suitably dark and sombre but you can still see lots of detail.

I stil prefer the original light it was a tricky one for all with this one.

Thank you, Dirty seemed to come out well.

I like the trainers shot in many ways - I like the toning and the detail / angle of the foreground trainer. Something is slightly irritating about the way the trainer in the background interferes with my perception of depth in the scene.

Phil

Cheers Phill, Unsure on your irritation but i could be looking at it differently its probs a marmite shot but thank you

Sorry David, I missed this second part...

Relaxation, lovely pano shot, very relaxing too...

Endings it does indeed look run down and at the end of it's life, fits the theme nicely.

Electrics, works nicely for the theme, but the mono version has far more impact

Surfaces, love the lightened mono version of the pebbles, excellent result.

Light, the crop is spot on for me... lovely colours in the sky too.

Dirty, that fits the theme really well, and you've done a good job on the conversion...

Thank you these seemed to of worked, had issue with some weeks for instand FILM. god i gave up with that. lol

thanks all

Hi David, I really like the dirty shot. Excellent take on the theme. Yes, they are very dirty indeed. However, unlike the others I understand the idea of gardening clothes and shoes. We do exactly the same. Any clothes/shoes that we are finished with become gardening clothes. Doesn't matter if they are white or not.

I really like the mono treatment of this shot. Works very well for me (y)

Jenny

Really liking your Dirty shot David - I must admit that I thought of doing a pair of dirty boots, but didn't have any suitable. Think I would have liked more of a black and white photo as opposed to the sepia tone. but I still like it.

oh, and I use my old trainers to cut the grass in too. :)

Hi David, I really like the dirty shot. Excellent take on the theme. Yes, they are very dirty indeed. However, unlike the others I understand the idea of gardening clothes and shoes. We do exactly the same. Any clothes/shoes that we are finished with become gardening clothes. Doesn't matter if they are white or not.

I really like the mono treatment of this shot. Works very well for me (y)

Jenny

thank you, i have some gardening clothes that are designer label that have worn out lol. crazy stood cutting the grass nike trainers, and a firetrap jacket at this time of year lol.

Really liking your Dirty shot David - I must admit that I thought of doing a pair of dirty boots, but didn't have any suitable. Think I would have liked more of a black and white photo as opposed to the sepia tone. but I still like it.

oh, and I use my old trainers to cut the grass in too. :)

:) thank you

Well here is my week 40, a slight cop out as my camera is giving err99 so kind of find it hard to take a picture lol so have had to back track a little in my archive.

well as console was the theme. here is a Console, think its melting
3952205763_5b88312279_z.jpg

Larger Version

Last edited:
I really like the colours, angle and tight crop on this.

You need to clone out the dust either side of the D-pad though :LOL:

Andy

Agree with Andy, colour and composition work well. Needs a rocket blower on that dust though :)

A strong shot - simple and appealing. I find it interesting that a technological subject works in sepia!

Phil

Excellent, love the colour and the feel. A small clean would have helped... good luck with your camera.

Lovely image for console David. great colour. shame about the dust.

A strong shot - simple and appealing. I find it interesting that a technological subject works in sepia!

Phil

I agree with Phil. Angle, framing, DOF, lighting, all work really well and make an interesting almost abstract image. (y)

Thank you every one

Just want to say my 52 is on pause due Tony error99 and it will not take a shot. 7d time I think when my car sells,

Back soon

Thank you every one

Just want to say my 52 is on pause due Tony error99 and it will not take a shot. 7d time I think when my car sells,

Back soon

David, very sorry to hear this. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Paul

That's a shame David, hope you get it sorted out soon

Back