Decaying buildings around oldham

Edit My Images
Yes
thanks guys you have all been a great help and POAH ive been to Glasgow but not for a while I used to live in Aberdeen but moved to Oldham because of an idiotic neighbour

Slightly confused by others replies, Hulme Hippo is not Oldham neither is Bailey Mill Delph, thats Saddleworth and anyone born there, would deny it was ever part of Oldham its in West riding of Yorkshire !!
Anyway, his brief is sites in Oldham, so consider parts of the terraced properties and Mills off featherstall road or glodwick. Maybe even around Mumps. Good luck

I have an assignment of beauty and decay for my c&g level 2 course and cant think of places i can go to get what i want

Can anyone recommend places around oldham/manchester that are decaying?

I ideally want to do urban decay but most buildings cant be accessed inside as they are boarded off.

Im looking for things like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasperzondervan/4040305055/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92726077@N00/477763858/

but cant seem to find anything like this around oldham

Bailey mill is good, been in there and done some grungey kind of portraits before now. Also the drerelict Hill top school in strinesdale on my to do list, if you do fancy a go at the school give me a shout if you want i have been and had a brief look around for access!

Carl

Have you tried Rochdale town centre :LOL:

Slightly confused by others replies, Hulme Hippo is not Oldham neither is Bailey Mill Delph, thats Saddleworth and anyone born there, would deny it was ever part of Oldham its in West riding of Yorkshire !!
Anyway, his brief is sites in Oldham, so consider parts of the terraced properties and Mills off featherstall road or glodwick. Maybe even around Mumps. Good luck

Dont be confused....just read his OP that clearly states Oldham/Manchester area.

Looneytunez1024.
Dont believe the Local Authority propaganda, Any one born in one of the 6 villages would swear blind that Saddleworth has never really been in Oldham, just robbed by them !

Steve, Just went off title of thread, thanks for the heads up.

Where has Mumps Bridge gone ? it was there last time I came through

Back