Decent Laptop, or Desktop for photo editing. Currys PC World.

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Everyone. Looking for a decent PC for photos. something preferably around the 5 to 6 hundred pound mark. Gonna get it on Finance from Currys / PC World.
I am by no means a professional, but want something to edit my photos and make them better etc. so just looking at something that has enough memory, graphics etc that will meet my needs.
Can only get on finance from above shop. So could anyone recommend any of them.
Thanks Kevin

I think any laptop at that price range will handle photo editing and storage just fine.

What editing software do you have? They recommend min computer requirements.

Last edited:
I think any laptop at that price range will handle photo editing and storage just fine.

What editing software do you have? They recommend min computer requirements.
Don't have any software yet what would you recommend?

I'd recommend Lightroom as it helps with organising your images too. its about £100 so factor that in as well. you should be able to get that in PC world. There are some free programs out there. I've not used them so can't comment on them.

@kevinp i think Amazon are doing it for about £70 at the moment, you will need to be quick though (if it's still on offer)

Worth every penny.
Thanks Mate, Ive used adobe before but just to resize and make better using the automatic tools etc. Think I will have to do some reading up on this one.

I'd focus on the screen quality/technology more than anything, any PC in that price range will have enough CPU and memory for photo editing but screen quality can vary wildly.

Look for as a minimum an i3 processor and aim for 8GB of RAM

Back