Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

The_saved_treat_sml.jpg

My labrador Abby with my friends two springers. They had all had a treat but Muffin, the elderly springer had saved hers and was now teasing the others.

Rosco88 said:
Thanks =) One of the first photos i took with my 50mm f/1.8

That's a terrific little lens - I haven't used mine on my dogs but will do so now :) !

ladysue said:
My labrador Abby with my friends two springers. They had all had a treat but Muffin, the elderly springer had saved hers and was now teasing the others.

What's that they say about old dogs and new tricks? I don't think its true at all :)

Here's my beast . . Don't let his fluffy looks fool you, we (it takes two) came third in our first agility competition . .

478657298_nssZQ-L.jpg

1222176102_MXmQ9-L.jpg

1226190408_peLph-L.jpg

Last edited:
Jewson said:
Here's my beast . . Don't let his fluffy looks fool you, we (it takes two) came third in our first agility competition . .

...wow! What breed is he - its not fair of him to fool other dogs into thinking he is all fluff, and then to go and beat them :)

...wow! What breed is he - its not fair of him to fool other dogs into thinking he is all fluff, and then to go and beat them :)

His name is Barney and he is a Tibetan Terrier, dont let the name fool you though . . he is in no way shape or form part of the terrier family, it just a name the breed has been given . .

1222176615_LU64F-L.jpg

1222177726_mAmcp-L.jpg

1st shot of mine I've posted :eek:
Tyke my favourite muse, is actually a Rottweiler but softer than any Labrador:)

IMG_0422.jpg

here is our new recruit tia
6566111181_5658331b81_o.jpg

and on her first trip to the beach
6696603773_de1d6c9b7d_o.jpg

and our other troops at the beach
leyla
6696602083_8d507ae74b_o.jpg

calina
6696594065_49301fa340_o.jpg

Mr Jones
6696593237_6468be76f9_o.jpg

Doca said:
1st shot of mine I've posted :eek:
Tyke my favourite muse, is actually a Rottweiler but softer than any Labrador:)

Lovely photograph - love the way you can see the dogs breath.

orion22 said:
here is our new recruit tia

and on her first trip to the beach

and our other troops at the beach
leyla

calina

Mr Jones

Tia is a little peach! Lovely photos all - shot at the dogs level which makes a huge difference :)

Doca said:
And another.

A good study in B&W - have you thought about cloning out the white (gap?) between the car seats? It draws my eye away from the dogs face a bit....

boliston said:
From today's trip to Weymouth

Nikon D700 ,Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 AI 1/125s f/5.6 at 28.0mm iso200 SB-24 @ 1/4

What a lovely pack if well mannered dogs! Did you use a bit if fill-flash on this photo?

simon ess said:
Here's a few shots of my sister's new dog. He's a Staffie, Jack Russell cross rescued dog.

Meet Rosco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlechap/6702232535/
Rosco 5 by simon ess, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlechap/6702222739/
Rosco 4 by simon ess, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlechap/6702210973/
Rosco 3 by simon ess, on Flickr

Fabulous photos. #1 is my favourite - great action, composition and sharpness. The light quality in #3 is awesome. Go Rosco ...... :)

Here's Harry, a cross English Bull Terrier / Mastiff (we're not sure which particular mastiff breed though). Harry was rescued at about 3 weeks old, (won't go into the details here).

As you can see though, he survived, and was re-homed a few days ago with a loving family who have experience of EBTs.

Here he is at about 4 weeks old
Harry-asleep-TP.jpg

and around 7-8 weeks
Harry-TP1.jpg

Meet my two... pic of Dopey when he was a pup... had to have 2 vets verify he was not a pit... looked wonderful with his 'broken' ear... in some ways it's a shame it went straight as he grew... :LOL:
brokenear-1.jpg

One in sig is Dizzy... she's a love :love:

Hi all, meet our three dogs:

Putney - He is 3 and a complete 'character' to say the least! He does enjoy a good nosh on a ball...
tp-b.jpg

... and playing in water...
tp-d.jpg

Cheyne - He is now 2 and is Putney's half brother. He's great!

He's a fast little critter to say the least...
tp-j.jpg

...and also like water... he can do a brilliant crocodile impression!
tp-c.jpg

Poppy - She is our rescue lurcher. Grown loads since we first had her and enjoys pulling faces when out running!

First a pose.....
tp-e.jpg

.... then the 'face'!
tp-i.jpg

pj1blue said:
Hi all, meet our three dogs:

Putney - He is 3 and a complete 'character' to say the least! He does enjoy a good nosh on a ball...

... and playing in water...

Cheyne - He is now 2 and is Putney's half brother. He's great!

He's a fast little critter to say the least...

...and also like water... he can do a brilliant crocodile impression!

Poppy - She is our rescue lurcher. Grown loads since we first had her and enjoys pulling faces when out running!

First a pose.....

.... then the 'face'!

Absolutely brilliant! We have JRTs and love the breed - and you seem to have some smashers! Love the last photograph of Poppy 'smiling'. Good shot!

And here's one of our gentle little duchess (old/mostly deaf) rescue dog - Lucky - enjoying a sprint!

Last edited:
happysnappy said:
Couple of my cocker playing in the snow on Sunday morning.
As shot, no PP.

Love these pics! Full of joy. Is there a reason for the 'blue' snow colour in #3 that I cannot see - or is it just a colour cast correction that us needed?

Portybear said:
This is Broxi.

Whatta beautiful puppy! Is he a border-collie? And how old when the pics were taken?
That little eye in #1 is full of devilment and playfullness :)

Last edited:
Whatta beautiful puppy! Is he a border-collie? And how old when the pics were taken?
That little eye in #1 is full of devilment and playfullness :)

Broxi was about 4 months old when the photo was taken. He is a Border Collie.

Back