Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Christmas Pip.

6453008521_5a5028f3ae_z.jpg

Last edited:
Here's Louis, this was taken with the first film I put through my inherited Leica M2 with Kodak Portra 160VC

6299213163_1be2df6b40_b.jpg

Louis is my English Springer Spaniel, he's only three years old but he's had broken bones and pins and screws through his elbows. He now has a permanent limp due to bad scar tissue but I still work him every other weekend in the winter. This year we had a routine Xray and found he had snapped one of the 3.5mm Titanium screws in his left elbow and boy did it cost in time effort and money to get it sorted again (especially as the left leg is his good leg)!

He has cost me a fortune these past 2.5 years, I was given him as a rescue dog, but he's since cost over £4000! Oh and I'm now thinking of getting another to with him!

Last edited:
Jluna23 I Love your Tao - Beautiful dog and a little like my girlie !

So this is my rescue pup Penny sulking at being my model again - i wish the background was better - will have to re take at some point.

DSC00102.JPG

and this is her in action .... it's very rare that I get to photograph my own dog flyballing as i'm usually running her !

DSC08915.JPG

and one of our teammates
DSC03785.JPG

i will resist the temptation to fill this thread with flyballing dogs of varying breeds !

Uh oh Toonie, you might regret saying that :)

So the very lovely Anya - an English Pointer
DSC09259.JPG

An Old English Sheepdog - who's name currently escapes me
DSC08688.JPG

Fynn the Large Munsterlander
DSC03884.JPG

Kia another Large Munsterlander
DSC05341.JPG

and Rolf a German Wirehaired Pointer
DSC03361.JPG

I have put a few more in my gallery but really will leave it there as the reason i have joined this forum is to learn a bit about taking photos which aren't flyball !!

and someone might have to help me with uploading pics please as i'm going via the gallery route which requires them to be a maximum of 800 pixels and smallish file size so some of the quality is lost in this process - think i might have to use this flickr thing .....

This is 'Bo'... She's a Border Collie crossed with a Labrador! When she's calm, she's a Lab... When she's being a pain, she's definitely being a Collie! :D

DSCF7040tp.jpg

Spiritflier said:
This is 'Bo'... She's a Border Collie crossed with a Labrador! When she's calm, she's a Lab... When she's being a pain, she's definitely being a Collie! :D

Fabulous expression here - love this!

Archie, trying to blend in with the scenery
41ED0005.jpg

always a difficult job to get him inside when it snows.

Despite the name don't have a dog, but know some.

Paddy - A gun dog.

Paddy-02.jpg

Paddy1.jpg

Rosie - tiny but mighty

Rosie-01.jpg

Rosie-02.jpg

Nova - relaxing on holiday

Nova-05.jpg

Nova-04.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos of all the different types of dogs, loving the puppys and bull dogs! x

My dog Lucky has a great sense of humour. She is laughing her head off here...:D

lucky-laugh.jpg

Last edited:
This is a beautiful photograph in every way. Have you any more like this? Lighting is perfect and the dark background is just right :)

markyboy.1967 said:
I will add this one to the thread as this thread seems to be here for a while-

This is a beautiful photograph in every way. Have you any more like this? Lighting is perfect and the dark background is just right :)

Back