Daily Donnie's 365 for 2013

Ah yes, I've seen that before - love the doors as a background there. Got to love some nicely weathered painted wood :D

I'd been deliberately looking for something like this as a background for that shot, they're the doors of an old engineering firm near me :)

Love the Scooter shot Paul......yours is a bit rugged are you going to renovate it !!

Good god no, ruin the patina that would :D

Cool moped shots (especially the selfy) and I'm liking the latest additions (that one from the 3rd has terrific lighting)!

Right, 2 more today, one for the 4th January

365_04 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

which I took inspiration from a theme I didn't shoot in the 52 last year. i.e. Change.

Then one for today the 15th again taken from my failed 2012 52, small.

this is a scarf the wife knitted for me that I tried to get a macro shot of, but didnt do a great job of as only the right was in focus in the end.

365_15 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Really not completely sure about those, the macro on the wool works but as said the focus could be a little better, and the coin's I find that the direction of the light sort of spoils the effect of the image :(

Wow, I thought that scarf was fish guts when I looked first :LOL:. Quite a cool shot, would like to see a stacking attempt :).

Love your shot for the 14th of the manfrotto label. Not sure why, just simple but nice!

Great close up for today's shot fella, also really liking the shot you posted for Day 3, great lighting :D.

Lol apologies for the scooter/moped mix up matey :bonk::bonk:

I think we'll all have more than one just a snap days - well done for getting "something" though :)

And today, I've been waiting for postie and saw that my demijohns have been caught out in the frost.

I know I could have done something compositionally with them as theres 5 of them, problem is, as soon as you touch them it disturbs the frost :| so this has been probably the first shot I can think of in ages where I haven't been able to manipulate the subjects position etc, so a bit of a challenge especially as it's so cold!

365_17 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

I think you couldv'e found a better background, or tried to lose it a bit, wither by zooming in or opening the lens a bit

Missed a few of your shots, loving the bottles and the bike! The bottles especially, love the fact you couldn't manipulate the subject but still pulled that out of the bag. Nice processing too :)

right todays shot for the 19th

365_19 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Literally a few bits and bobs lying on the workbench.

Lit with one strobe 1/32 power standing camera left and bounced off the ceiling of the shed.
Then I desaturated and softened it slightly and using a black soft medium brush, brushed in a semi vignette effect.

Back