Download - Donnington Park 2009

Name
James Betts
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

Worked at Download this weekend, mainly behind the scenes as an assistant to another photographer. Managed to get out to the pit and a few other places during the 3 days. Any comments and criticisms are welcome!

Whitesnake
d3.jpg

Whitesnake
d4.jpg

Whitesnake
d7.jpg

Whitesnake
d8.jpg

Whitesnake
d9.jpg

Whitesnake
d10.jpg

Crowd shot
Whitesnake
d18.jpg

Whitesnake
d21.jpg

Crowd
d22.jpg

Hatebreed (I think?)
d15.jpg

Regards, James

Last edited:
Really good photos. It's about time David Coverdale binned his wig though.:LOL:

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

Really good set, was trying to pick a favourite, the only one I'm less keen on is the first crowd shot!

Love those shots but maybe thats because i was there. it was the best weekend of music i have ever had and ive been to alot of festivals.

I went to see Whitesnake in ................. 1981 :eek: at the Manchester Apollo. Fool For Your Lovin' tour.

Great shots and atmosphere not David and myself have aged the same though.

Great shots. David Coverdale is still alive? LOL. I knew he was but by god he's an aging rocker now LOL

shot 3 stands out for me.

James

Looks like you were quite near the front. They are good pics.

Good to see the oldies are still going strong.

Lisa

Great shots. David Coverdale is still alive? LOL. I knew he was but by god he's an aging rocker now LOL

shot 3 stands out for me.

Do a Google on Joe Elliott for another aging rocker. :LOL: There's some very flattering pics of him and some not very flattering pics on the web.

Lisa

Thanks for all the comments guys (y)

"Good stuff. Only real point is the feet, or rather the lack of them."

oo yeah I didnt notice how bad that looked whilst editing them. Thanks for pointing it out, Ill revisit some of the shots.

"Love those shots but maybe thats because i was there. it was the best weekend of music i have ever had and ive been to alot of festivals."

Yeah it was a really good weekend, I think Motley Crue and Slipknot put on the best shows, well the best shows I got to see anyway!

"where's ZZ Top?! "

They were on quite late in the day on Sunday when I was busy working on setting up a shoot with Steel Panther back stage.

"Excellent set. Lighting's good for a concert."

Thanks, I suffered with the sun a bit, as it was just off to the side of the stage creating harsh shadows across their faces.

"Great shots. David Coverdale is still alive? LOL. I knew he was but by god he's an aging rocker now LOL

shot 3 stands out for me. "

Thanks, Yeah just! haha. Yeah I think 3 is my favourite of the set. Im thinking of getting it printed A3, possibly A2.

"Looks like you were quite near the front. They are good pics."

The very front row ;) - I was in the photographers pit infront of all the crowd and marshall types.

"Do a Google on Joe Elliott for another aging rocker."

Or Chris Cornell, I met him over the weekend on a shoot and my god hes got old!

Regards, James

James,

Did you get any shots of Vince Neil?

Lisa

I personally didnt shoot Motley Crue but I was assisting in the small cabin when we shot them. Ill see if I can get hold of any of the shots as the photographer is a good mate.

I personally didnt shoot Motley Crue but I was assisting in the small cabin when we shot them. Ill see if I can get hold of any of the shots as the photographer is a good mate.

Oh, thanks ever so much, one of Tommy Lee wouldn't go amiss either.:LOL::LOL:

Lisa

Manage to get any of Slipknot's set ?

I could see people getting some pretty intense pictures of that gig :)

Liam

Cracking set of images, god it makes me feel old, saw Whitesnake on the come and get it tour and again for saints & sinners. I'm a little older, the hair is a lot shorter but still love the music.

Mart

Last edited:
A nice set, but they seem quite soft... Have you tried giving them a little sharpen?

Back