weekly Drodd's Photo52 for 2011 - Week 51, 52 and bonus: Light, Glass, Nature (post 1545)

It's not the end of the week, I'm already one down n you apologise for posting LATE! Then I look at the NSFW images and think WOW :clap: If I tried that I'd never get the pictures taken as OH would think it was his birthday!

Now I have to try and crit something SO outside my 'zone' :( Here goes...

#1 - DOF could afford to be deeper, you have good legs ;)
#2 - too dark :shrug:
#3 - as #1 though I think the tones are wonderful
#4 - Very good, though it looks a bit too soft, but that might be my machine
#5 - Now girl, what you doin wearing pale shoes with black fish? You don't wanna do thaat ;)

It's not the end of the week, I'm already one down n you apologise for posting LATE! Then I look at the NSFW images and think WOW :clap: If I tried that I'd never get the pictures taken as OH would think it was his birthday!

Now I have to try and crit something SO outside my 'zone' :( Here goes...

#1 - DOF could afford to be deeper, you have good legs ;)
#2 - too dark :shrug:
#3 - as #1 though I think the tones are wonderful
#4 - Very good, though it looks a bit too soft, but that might be my machine
#5 - Now girl, what you doin wearing pale shoes with black fish? You don't wanna do thaat ;)

Hiya Tina,

Thank you for the compliments and critique. If I had an OH it would have probably been easier to get these shots :LOL: albeit it may have taken longer :naughty:

I appreciate your taking the time to critique something outside of your 'zone' ... I think I may have felt the same.

I took these photos with my 18-55, hand held and in very low light as I wanted to create a warm effect .... and with that I think it has compromised the DOF ... not to mention that even though I am only 5ft tall, I have quite long legs for my height so trying to get the lower part more in focus proved a challenge.

It was very much a case of either get the top part of the leg in focus and a very shallow DOF or visa versa (as in #4 & #5 where the shoes and lower leg are more in focus than the top).

As for the shoes in #5 with black fishnets .... well I don't often wear high heels and these were the only two decent pairs that were suitable to photograph. I wouldn't normally wear black stockings with white shoes ... but then again for this image ... there is black trim on the shoes :p and I thought the white stood out quite well against all the darker tones.

Now that I have some new toys to play with ..... and no ... not the :naughty: kind ... I mean new lenses .... I may try this again some time (but hopefully not too soon as I had to do a bit of contortion to get the shots) :D

It has been a tough one this week ... and I can't wait to see others interpretation of the theme.

Thanks again for your feedback and good luck with your photos; look forward to seeing them.

Cheers

Dawn :)

You dont do things by half Dawn, theyve all got their good qualities, but my picks are #2 #4 and #5

Hiya Dave,

I may only be a half pint in size ... but indeed like you say I don't do things by half :LOL:

Thanks for the comments and pointing out your picks :D

Cheers

Love the pose and the last one for me . really like the vibrant red silk.

Hiya Ceri,

Thanks, the pose took the longest to get comfortable with :LOL: and then each time I changed stockings and shoes I had to try and get back into pose :bonk:

The red is actually my satin dressing gown ... so a bit of improvisation there.

Cheers

No 1 is outstanding. Could you do another one and remove the feathers on the bottom right and show a little skin above the stockings?. I know I'm banned.

No 1 is outstanding. Could you do another one and remove the feathers on the bottom right and show a little skin above the stockings?. I know I'm banned.

Hiya David,

Thanks for popping past to peek and comment ;). Actually I have one as you described ... however, I won't be posting it sorry :p or else I might be banned :LOL:

Cheers

Hi Dawn.....WOW ! Yet again you have come up trumps & given a selection of really great shots , all well thought out & presented(y)

Number one is beautiful...great DOF & focus on the lace though maybe focus on the bow would have worked better ?

Nu 2... my 1st fave as the colors are more soft/sensual to my eyes (if that makes sense )?

Nu 3...my fave of them all , the processing works so well

Nu 4 is a little dark for me

Nu 5 ....tied for 1st fave as the eyes are taken by the glorius color & sheen of the red silk

Good on you for posing as I can only imagine how difficult it was to get in to the right position & take the shots just how you wanted them (y) Excellent work , a big well done to you :clap::clap:

Hiya David,

Thanks for popping past to peek and comment ;). Actually I have one as you described ... however, I won't be posting it sorry :p or else I might be banned :LOL:

Cheers

I could pm you my email address ;). Serious you did a great job on sensual

David

Hi Dawn.....WOW ! Yet again you have come up trumps & given a selection of really great shots , all well thought out & presented(y)

Number one is beautiful...great DOF & focus on the lace though maybe focus on the bow would have worked better ?

Nu 2... my 1st fave as the colors are more soft/sensual to my eyes (if that makes sense )?

Nu 3...my fave of them all , the processing works so well

Nu 4 is a little dark for me

Nu 5 ....tied for 1st fave as the eyes are taken by the glorius color & sheen of the red silk

Good on you for posing as I can only imagine how difficult it was to get in to the right position & take the shots just how you wanted them (y) Excellent work , a big well done to you :clap::clap:

Hiya Lynne,

Awww thanks for the lovely comments and feedback. I see what you mean about focusing on the bow in #1 and also appreciate your comment about #2 it does make sense and what I was thinking too.

Indeed it was difficult getting the right pose and taking the shot too, but have to say it was fun.

Thanks again

Cheers

David

Hiya David,

I am flattered :confused:

Thanks again for your kind comments.

If you haven't already ... perhaps you would like to look through my Photo52 to see some of the other photos I have produced for this project ;)

Cheers

David

Hiya David,

If you haven't already ... perhaps you would like to look through my Photo52 to see some of the other photos I have produced for this project ;)

Cheers

why the shyness there dawn... you're not usually this koi? ... thats a fish isn;t it.. you're not usually this ciao ... no thats italian... :bang: [take 3] come on.... dawn you're not usually this naughty in your photography either.. :LOL: .... maybe you could provide a lamenated version... ? ;)

Hiya David,

If you haven't already ... perhaps you would like to look through my Photo52 to see some of the other photos I have produced for this project
;)

Cheers

I'm trying but this dam computer keeps going back to sensual :)

why the shyness there dawn... you're not usually this koi? ... thats a fish isn;t it.. you're not usually this ciao ... no thats italian... [take 3] come on.... dawn you're not usually this naughty in your photography either.. :LOL: .... maybe you could provide a lamenated version... ?

Kev, awww thanks for acting as big brother here :hug: Not sure 'shy' is the right word here ... but think I know what you mean. As for the 'naughty' in my photography ... well let's just say there is always scope :D Besides I don't think these are that 'naughty' ... I'd consider them tame and tasteful compared to some photos out there :p .... which makes me wonder why you would ask for a lamenated version :cautious: :exit: :LOL:

And nothing wrong with doing a bit of promotion of my project .... after all besides it being my project ... I like to consider it a learning experience and inspiration for others too.

I'm trying but this dam computer keeps going back to sensual

:LOL: naughty computer .... try giving it a reboot :p

Put the computer on the naughty step

:agree:

Emily I have been out of the UK for far to long whats a naughty step?

:rules:

Come on guys lets keep this friendly.

Cheers

Last edited:
Dawn

For me No4 stands out a country mile! But it needs a wee tweek I think... I'd use the feather boa you have there to maybe cover a bit of the top of your leg... a bit more than you even have in pic 1,2,3... it would just add a bit more foreground interest... next i'd somehow get the camera on a tripod so you can close the aperture right down to get more DOF so the whole image is in focus.

The lighting I feel isn't right... Candles might sort it just off to the side of your feet... but i'm no lighting expert. I just find the image overall a little dark... but I know it needs to be to get the almost burlesque(sp) effect... I think more like the lighting in 5 would be better for 4!

Finally it needs something else to sauce it up... a riding crop perhaps... or a cane and maybe a top hat! Errr... A cane with a crystal top!

Can I also say these are so far my fav images of yours as it's all about the photography more than any of the others I can remember... without scrolling through to remind myself!

I hope my idea when I shoot it has this much hope and potential for a final fantastic image!

Great work this week! BTW are you still on holiday in the camper van?

Mark

.... which makes me wonder why you would ask for a lamenated version :cautious: :exit: :LOL:

i was just referring to what you said earlier about wipeable versions... i'm innocent having had such a strict convent upbringing... [where's the smilie with a halo????]

Dawn

For me No4 stands out a country mile! But it needs a wee tweek I think... I'd use the feather boa you have there to maybe cover a bit of the top of your leg... a bit more than you even have in pic 1,2,3... it would just add a bit more foreground interest... next i'd somehow get the camera on a tripod so you can close the aperture right down to get more DOF so the whole image is in focus.

The lighting I feel isn't right... Candles might sort it just off to the side of your feet... but i'm no lighting expert. I just find the image overall a little dark... but I know it needs to be to get the almost burlesque(sp) effect... I think more like the lighting in 5 would be better for 4!

Finally it needs something else to sauce it up... a riding crop perhaps... or a cane and maybe a top hat! Errr... A cane with a crystal top!

Can I also say these are so far my fav images of yours as it's all about the photography more than any of the others I can remember... without scrolling through to remind myself!

I hope my idea when I shoot it has this much hope and potential for a final fantastic image!

Great work this week! BTW are you still on holiday in the camper van?

Mark

Hiya Mark,

Thanks a million for the constructive feedback and comments (y)

I can see what you mean about #4, great ideas and suggestions. Not sure about the tripod though ... that could be a bit tricky without showing more than just the legs. But I will have a think about it and see if I come up with a way to set up some rig to do that ... perhaps if I use the flexipod that might work :thinking:

The lighting was basically the two side lamps, one either side, which are tall cylindrical shades which produced quite low light. I may try the idea about the candles ... because that is what I was trying to achieve a warmish glow. I had tried other lighting but it was too harsh and emphasised everything, where as I was going more for the burlesque effect.

If I recall ... I used the camera flash on #5 hence why it is quite a bit brighter.

I'm liking your ideas for saucing it up .... will have to see if I can find a cane with a crystal top .... that would be perfect :D Ooooh and the top hat (y)

Thanks too for the high praise about these being your fav shots so far in my project. Indeed I gave a lot of thought to these, especially regards camera settings, lighting, composition etc. And actually they have very little post processing .... apart from the slight tweek in levels, adding the vignette in #1 and then framing.

Good luck with your idea ... I look forward to seeing the images.

Oh and no I am not on holiday in the camper van .... that trip will be later in the year. There is no way I could take these photos in the van .... or could I :thinking:

Cheers

i was just referring to what you said earlier about wipeable versions... i'm innocent having had such a strict convent upbringing... [where's the smilie with a halo????]

:thinking: ... Kev ... I think you have been talking to the green box a bit too much again :nuts: As for innocent ....:cautious:

:LOL:

Are legs not safe for work now? Blimey, I'd better get the saw out! :D Nice idea that fits the theme so a thumbs up from me :)

Sadly as no one wants to see me in lipstick or wearing stocking (oh god I hope not!) I've played a joker :D

Are legs not safe for work now? Blimey, I'd better get the saw out! :D Nice idea that fits the theme so a thumbs up from me :)

Sadly as no one wants to see me in lipstick or wearing stocking (oh god I hope not!) I've played a joker :D

Hiya Niall,

:LOL: guess not ... but don't go hacking your legs off now :nono:

Thanks for the comments.

Nope I guess lipstick and stocking might not suit you .... but then again I could be wrong :eek:

I'll go and check out your post now.

Cheers

With all this talk of lamination, men with lipstick on and them ubiquitous green boxes, I feel like I've entered..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Hiya Andy

:LOL: I know exactly what you mean :eek:

OMG the link takes me back to my teenage days when my folk used to let me stay up till midnight to watch the show - a real classic series that was.

In some ways I think this Photo52 has driven some of us a bit :wacky: ... but at least we are having fun :banana:

Now what you have watch out for is that man with lipstick turning over to you in bed and slapping a nice big fat rosey red kiss on your cheek :LOL: :exit:

Nite, nite

Dawn :D

so Niall you're swapping the chance for drag with a chance for dressing like mr claypole from rentaghost???? :cautious:

but at least we are having fun :banana:

Now what you have watch out for is that man with lipstick turning over to you in bed and slapping a nice big fat rosey red kiss on your cheek :LOL: :exit:

sounds like Dawn is fruity AND having ideas .... :LOL:

So the W in NSFW is work, I always thought it was for 'Wimps'!
Obviously no reflection on your sensual shot Dawn :naughty:

Now I'm more of a breast man myself, so legs are not my area of expertise.
However, the team here at work were happy to help out, so I plugged the laptop in to the conference room projector so we could all have a look.

Votes were favourable Dawn, 1 said avoid, 5 said snog and 6 said marry. The avoid noticed you were a Canon user :)
They also said they want to see your take on Erotic if this is your take on sensual!

Nice shots and great take on the theme.
There is a bit in all of them that I prefer, lighting, colour, legs!

So the W in NSFW is work, I always thought it was for 'Wimps'!
Obviously no reflection on your sensual shot Dawn :naughty:

Now I'm more of a breast man myself, so legs are not my area of expertise.
However, the team here at work were happy to help out, so I plugged the laptop in to the conference room projector so we could all have a look.

Votes were favourable Dawn, 1 said avoid, 5 said snog and 6 said marry. The avoid noticed you were a Canon user :)
They also said they want to see your take on Erotic if this is your take on sensual!

Nice shots and great take on the theme.
There is a bit in all of them that I prefer, lighting, colour, legs!

Hiya Neil,

Glad you now realise what the 'W' stands for :D

:LOL: that is so funny ... you doing a broadcast at work (yeh right!) ... glad you found it entertaining and a pleasing vote result (except for the 'avoid' ... who obviously doesn't have taste ... wonder what camera kit they have :razz:)

As for 'Erotic' .... well let's just hope that isn't in the bag ... if it is I may have to join Kev in a bunker somewhere :naughty: :LOL:

Thanks for the laff and for the lovely comments & compliments (especially as you prefer breast to leg :D). Oh and thanks to your work mates for their favourable votes ;);)

Let's hope the next theme is a little more sedate than sensual as it has been quite a 'hot' week :eek:

Cheers

there...and i thought the video link was to this show .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7yHgNktmE

could have been worse..could have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd5dJIVjgM

OMG I saw that a while back ... can't remember how it came about ... but that is funny ... the things we were subjected to as a child .... guess you didn't get to see that in the convent :p

I think the networks would not get away with that kind of innocent trash nowadays :LOL:

sounds like Dawn is fruity AND having ideas .... :LOL:

And you should know what 'FRUITY' tastes like :p

Sorry it is Friday night, after a very long week .... I have had my first Zumba work out (which I may regret in the morning when I can't get out of bed) and now enjoying a few glasses of wine :D

Party time :banana:

Have a fantastic weekend all!

Luv

That would explain a lot :p

IF ..i...wasn't so ... tired... i'd think you.,.were..being s-s-s-arky..young lady!! ... rainbow and rentaghost may have been the capital cities of mount campador .... they still rock in comparison...to....to..songs of praise...and antiques like dickie dickinson... now..where are those ..cough, boobs. ... :naughty:

IF ..i...wasn't so ... tired... i'd think you.,.were..being s-s-s-arky..young lady!! ... rainbow and rentaghost may have been the capital cities of mount campador .... they still rock in comparison...to....to..songs of praise...and antiques like dickie dickinson... now..where are those ..cough, boobs. ... :naughty:

Ouch! Your patience is wearing thin there my friend :p Far from s-s-s-arky ... just playing your game ... ;);)

As for the 'boobs' .... I guess you and Neil are going to have to wait to get lucky with a draw on that theme ..... and hopefully (for my sake) it will never happen (SarahaLee please take sympathy on me!!!!) :LOL:

Just glad you guys seem to have enjoyed this week ...... don't expect the same from here on end! :D

Cheers

Dawn xxxx

Ouch! Your patience is wearing thin there my friend :p Far from s-s-s-arky ... just playing your game ... ;);)

As for the 'boobs' .... I guess you and Neil are going to have to wait to get lucky with a draw on that theme ..... and hopefully (for my sake) it will never happen (SarahaLee please take sympathy on me!!!!) :LOL:

Just glad you guys seem to have enjoyed this week ...... don't expect the same from here on end! :D

Cheers

Dawn xxxx

my game is purple ronnie's 'operation' game... next patience please nurse ... :D

my game is purple ronnie's 'operation' game... next patience please nurse ... :D

:banana: .... that sounds like great fun ... don't forget to pack it for the Carry On Camping Photo52 weekend ;)

..ahem...no bunker busting... no boxes... :rules:

Okay ... for you I may don my hard hat, switch the light on, and venture with you .... but only if you behave yourself! :p

Back