eBay Canon 5D MkIII - would you?

Proving that can be another thing - I got a Sigma lens from a UK ebay seller but Sigma discovered it to be an import (and at the price I thought it might be) and charged me for calibration - not a big thing but just don't bank on it - in my case the seller ignored my request for proof VAT had been paid.

the thing with VAT is that the purchaser is liable for the VAT on imported goods
you are only safe if you have bought it from a uk VAT registered company

Ah, which they won't have been - that explains their silence.

Update:

Still not received the camera, although I suppose it has only been 7 days from when I ordered it!
Checked the tracking info this morning and it has now changed from "no info" to "we have your item" - and a statement saying it has been posted from a manchester post office this morning by 1st class service.

Hopefully that means it will be here tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Cant wait to get it now

post office this morning by 1st class service.

Hopefully that means it will be here tomorrow...fingers crossed.
not sure 1st class means tomorrow anymore - hopefully it will

like the old days with birthdays - waiting for mr postie to come up the garden path with cards and presents - now a van appears anytime upto about 9pm

I just had a mobile phone from vodaphone delivered it came by taxi !
it was a redelivery I had too book with DPD

Hate waiting for things to be delivered! Always afraid I will not hear the door bell etc.

if anything like me - you have some free time now - and then when it arrives suddenly you have to do other things to meet a commitment
looking forward to seeing some pics soon

Brilliant it has arrived safe and sound then, I've been advised by a fellow TP'er (Mal) that they can be picked up for £1995 here in the UK through Panamoz.

It is on the 5D3 thread of anyone would like a read.

An obligatory shot of my new baby :)

photo-10.jpg

Was a little worried about something ratting around inside the box! But opened it up and it turned out to just be the CD-ROMs and English Instruction Manual which were on the top shelf layer of the box, sliding around - NOT the actual camera.

In terms of the camera itself, all I can say is WOW... absolutely incredible.

And in terms of service... again, pretty incredible - 8 days from Hong Kong to Preston, UK

One happy chappy :)

Fantastic to know this works, thanks so much for taking a punt on it!
Will be ordering one as all as funds allow (or maybe sooner as I'm in impatient git)!

Nice - how jealous am I?

Like i said before, you are a very brave guy!! Well done anyway

Shame I missed the start of this thread, I could of put your mind at peace over the seller. I've had a few items delivered in good time and good order from them. I got my 5D3 from Hdew, ordered on 25th march, as they were the only UK supplier I could find that actually had them in stock. Brilliant camera, I love it, I've shot about 7,500 photos with it and only had about 200 'duff' photos out of it.

Stop taunting me - I currently have all my best kit up for sale trying to get the money together :D

I know, after topcashback should be about £2030, still having only sold £250 of my kit I'm still a ways off :(

Thanks for this Op...I didnt buy my 5D3 from these guys, but they were the cheapest for the lens i was wanted 17-40mm L. With a cash back site like quidco, i ended up paying around £490.
I ordered it thursday and It arrived today.
Very happy and would deff. buy from again....if they were the cheapest.

I looked at an import, but decided to pay the extra and buy from Jessops! At least IF anything does go wrong, I can walk back into the shop with it. Piece of mind more than anything I think!

At least IF anything does go wrong, I can walk back into the shop with it

My 7D came from Jacobs :shake:

Not a problem thanks, but just thought it was slightly ironic when people worry about imports

Not a problem thanks, but just thought it was slightly ironic when people worry about imports

Not really ironic as yours could easily go back to canon uk. Anyway it's just personal choice and I certainly don't think it's odd that some people would only want an officially supported product when spending a couple of grand.

Back