Ebay: Non paying bidder

Edit My Images
No
Set up auction for lens, with buyit now or best offer.

Someone did buy it now, then instantly sent email saying "i am havng bank trouble so will need to pay in a few days"

Then

"sorry, cant pay, lets mutually agree to close it"

I need to report him otherwise I will need to pay the final value fees - WHY the heck do people do this????

Within 30mins he regrets it - I only hope ebay suspend his account.

Ideally you want to set it up so that they have to pay instantly, but if they make a Best Offer that unfortunately overrides the safeguard and now you can't even leave negative feedback, make sure you do file an NPBA and get your fees back though.

If you mutually agree to close it he won't get a strike for non payment.

Tell me about it!

Had that trouble in the past, ebay doesn't suspend the users account either!

Not much fun as I am about to try selling some old Nikons (but I have TP too!)

bear in mind if you list as an auction they now take 10% in final value fees and 4% paypal which is a big chunk of the price

very annoying when that happens and i think their new fee system is out of order, and as wack61 said, along with pay pals cut it is a gair chunk.

Out of interest what lens where you selling?

Yeah, I need to file non-paying bidder to recover my fees.

It was best offer - hope I can leave some feedback.

Was selling a 35L which is starting to become a hassle of a lens to sell for some reason!!

bear in mind if you list as an auction they now take 10% in final value fees and 4% paypal which is a big chunk of the price

Is that just with auctions? I've sold a couple of things in the last week or so and the fees were around 4%, but they were Buy it Now, not auctions :shrug:

You're not having much luck getting rid of that 35L are you?

Bung me a tenner and I'll take if off your hands! :naughty:

Imbeciles, report him immediately to get your fees back, someone did that with me not so long ago.

Is that just with auctions? I've sold a couple of things in the last week or so and the fees were around 4%, but they were Buy it Now, not auctions :shrug:

Just auctions, the BIN fees are still the same

Headline reads

FREE TO LIST AUCTIONS STARTING AT 99P

Then in tiny writing

Final value fee applies but you try finding the information on what those fees are:bang:

Before we all slate Ebay real auction houses charge both buyer and seller fees of 10% plus VAT, which does make ebay seem reasonable?

Set up auction for lens, with buyit now or best offer.

Someone did buy it now, then instantly sent email saying "i am havng bank trouble so will need to pay in a few days"

Then

"sorry, cant pay, lets mutually agree to close it"

I need to report him otherwise I will need to pay the final value fees - WHY the heck do people do this????

Within 30mins he regrets it - I only hope ebay suspend his account.

I've had a similar experience, got my final fee back eventually, but had to wait nearly 2 weeks - 1 to report as non payer, then 2nd for him to reply. Very frustrated as got to end of period and then found out he had closed his own account 4 days earlier !!!!

Hope you get it resolved :)

Before we all slate Ebay real auction houses charge both buyer and seller fees of 10% plus VAT, which does make ebay seem reasonable?

real auction houses have staff, rates, overheads and a relatively small market so that 10% may not be very much, ebay is raking in millions every day, you may think £56 in fees for a £400 sale is reasonable but I guarantee you'll be in the minority.

£56 on £400 may sound alot but they do provide access to thouands of users, using thier expensive infrastructure and teams of support staff, Also how much less would the item have sold for without the wide exposure and inflated ebay pricing and at what cost, ie if it sold for £350 and cost £10 to sell the end result would have been less.

£56 on £400 may sound alot but they do provide access to thouands of users, using thier expensive infrastructure and teams of support staff, Also how much less would the item have sold for without the wide exposure and inflated ebay pricing and at what cost, ie if it sold for £350 and cost £10 to sell the end result would have been less.

I'd sooner sell for £350 than give ebay £56 for doing nothing and their shocking customer service, look at the eportUK thread to see how badly they react when there's a problem, people have lost thousands and all they can do is send cut and paste replies.

the buyer clearly wants me to relist it and not start proceedings with paypal. Here is his latest email

"Dear cressers1,

here is the mesage from ebay after i asked them how to do

Hello Mister Decourciere, We thank you for your message.
Indeed, the salesman "cressers1" attributed(awarded) you no warning.
This last one in the possibility of putting back(handing) its object on sale and consequently of not paying cool(expenses) because the transaction(deal) did not take place.

thanks

- dec5721"

I told him to send me the link to where I get refund of Final value fee if I relist?

The main thing is when the h3ll does anyone get a reply from ebay in less than a day ;)

Look out for this waste of space - peteywoos :wacky: from Bournemouth.
Been on ebay for 4 years and no feedback. He will not pay you but asks for your paypal account.
Now I state unless you have a feedback of at least five, email me or your bid will be cancelled.

Back