Critique Edit added ... Fee-fi-fo-fum I smell the blood of an Englishman

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I've been crawling around the countryside again, I was watching this one for a little while, it changed direction and started making its way across to me, it clocked me but started to check me out, normally they just bolt.

This was him sniffing the air, I have a few more I will add them to the CWD 'project' thread I have for those that are interested.

Thank you for taking the time to look, happy to take feedback & crit' as always :)

1/400 - ISO 500 - f5.6 - 600mm

Fee fi fo fum I smell the blood of an Englishman by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

one more...

CWD by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice set Gav, they're sharp enough for sure.

2 points of crit, the first one is tight on the left and the second one, I'd lose the darker band across the top.

Very nice though, you're one that is taking crit onboard, that's to be commended. :clap:

Nice set Gav, they're sharp enough for sure.

2 points of crit, the first one is tight on the left and the second one, I'd lose the darker band across the top.

Very nice though, you're one that is taking crit onboard, that's to be commended. :clap:
Thank you Dale,

I fudged the framing on the first as I was kneeling on gravel but I liked the pose, I did feel it was tight but thought I post for feedback.

With the second I will have a look at it again, I did crop it out but I felt it looked to tight, I could try 'adding' a bit more green and balance a little crop?

Thank you, I try to learn from everything that is said, been a steep learning curve :)

I think cropping the second to just below the dark band would be ok, you have just enough to play with. If a crop doesn’t sit right, you could try cloning some of the nearby mush over it. :)

I think cropping the second to just below the dark band would be ok, you have just enough to play with. If a crop doesn’t sit right, you could try cloning some of the nearby mush over it. :)
Thank you, I will have a look and report back .... sorry :LOL:

I think I prefer the slightly less tight crop but in any case... A beautiful moment and capture there Gav :D

Nice set, Gave. It appears you cloned out the dark in the 2nd shot, good choice, you were able to keep the room you wanted that way. I like how you're getting a little blurred grass in the fg, it adds to the dof and it's looking good, bud.
Side note: It's a good thing they aren't vampires, my god, those fangs!

Last edited:
Love these, agree with the comment of the first image being a smidge to close to the left, but enjoy the negative space to the right. Really pulls the viewer into the scene and to that inquisitive nose. I refer the closer crop personally of the second image, But it’s all subjective, on the whole 2 amazing well captured shots! Well done!

I think I prefer the slightly less tight crop but in any case... A beautiful moment and capture there Gav :D
I do too, just thought I'd offer some different edits for the feedback. Thank you for looking and your thoughts Alan :)
Nice set, Gave. It appears you cloned out the dark in the 2nd shot, good choice, you were able to keep the room you wanted that way. I like how you're getting a little blurred grass in the fg, it adds to the dof and it's looking good, bud.
Side note: It's a good thing they aren't vampires, my god, those fangs!
Thank you Kirk, I did clone in some extra green, I try to get as low as possible for the shots to get some FG mush in there, get funny looks laying on the floor in public areas :LOL:
If they were Vampires, I'd stop going after them at dark ;)
Great set of image's and the re edited coloned versions are very good !
Thank you for looking and the feedback, much appreciated :)
Love these, agree with the comment of the first image being a smidge to close to the left, but enjoy the negative space to the right. Really pulls the viewer into the scene and to that inquisitive nose. I refer the closer crop personally of the second image, But it’s all subjective, on the whole 2 amazing well captured shots! Well done!
Thank you Mark, I fudged the first as I was kneeling in gravel and couldn't settle (poor excuse I know :LOL:) Thank you for the feedback :)

Your first edit of the second image is the one.

I saw these on Flickr - very nice to have these in your area Gav

well shot buddy- I also prefer the 2nd image edit

Les :)

Back