eportuk - this is a scam, isn't it?

eBay do have a customer support number but I've not tried it myself.

Tel: 020 8080 2105

Mon to Fri 0800-2100
Sat to Sun 1100-1700

A quick google on eportuk shows up that this character was scamming people with PS3 gear on Ebay at the back end of last year. When the PS3 community challenged him about his listings they got the same kind of sarcastic and abusive replies that he posted in response to this thread.

Does this help

Whois Record
Registrant:
n/a
beaconsfield street
haslingden, lancashire BB4 5TD
UK

Domain name: EPORTUK.COM

By the way, in order to help people come together to form a case and hopefully get their money back, I've opened up this forum to be viewable to guests. (You had to register to see the thread content previously).

Hello, I´have been a victim of eportuk. I´m from Spain. I hope all together will be able to get some form of recompense. My english is very amateur, sorry.

I wish somebody help me :(

If i find out about this, i´ll write on this post in order to help more people in the same situation.

I contacted barclays bank about their customer
You should do the same so he wont be able to take the money and fly
Also we have to speak and see what we should do with him
Is there anyone from uk to go to the authirities?
I lost 3029 over a digital camcorder

I contacted barclays bank about their customer
You should do the same so he wont be able to take the money and fly
Also we have to speak and see what we should do with him
Is there anyone from uk to go to the authirities?
I lost 3029 over a digital camcorder

Many of us have already gone to the police and there is already a fairly large police investigation regarding this.

If you have been ripped off by this guy, a group has been setup for victims to get together - http://groups.ebay.co.uk/clubforum.jspa?forumID=18000026316

At the moment I'm getting pretty sick of the automated emails from eBay, they know damn well that loads of people have been scammed and they should be working to find the full scale of this and contacting affected members. Instead they are giving BS replies and removing listings making it difficult for members to get in touch with each other. In fact they seem to be hindering operations rather than helping.

It may be a long shot but have you tried contacting the BBC Watchdog programe

Ebay seem to jump through hoops when they are called in..

Hello, I´have been a victim of eportuk. I´m from Spain. I hope all together will be able to get some form of recompense. My english is very amateur, sorry.

I wish somebody help me :(

If i find out about this, i´ll write on this post in order to help more people in the same situation.

welcome aboard juzam, sorry you come here under these circumstances :(

Your English is fine :)

Hell, I wish I'd popped into Talk Photography more regularly! My business partner has used BACS to transfer money from our account to these people for some lenses just last week. :( £1600 down the drain.

Any help gratefully accepted. He's contacted our bank and they are going to try a reversal but don't hold out much hope.

If its true that Paypal will only pay out a maximum of £500 to someone from abroad even though they might have say £5,000 (of that persons money) that that they have paid for say a Nikon/Canon camera...... what happens to the other £4,500.... if they gave it to charity I would say fair enough, but still harsh, its not Paypals money after all.

Edit: This is not what happens, see post below. They refund the FULL amount if they have it or £500 if they haven't which is much better.

Someone on another forum said that ebay/paypal were sending out emails to certain traders saying that they would not release money until positive feedback had been received from the buyer or a certain period of time had elapsed during which no compaints had been received.

Edit: link

Another interesting scenario: If you were a scammer and had a proper Paypal account would you be bothered if someone took a small cut out of your takings? The extra sales generated by taking Paypal would more than cover the fees. It's possible that all the money paid to Paypal is still there, because the scammer possibly hadn't got an account. The only email address I've seen is a hotmail one..... hardly business like.

The Office of Fair Trading need to take a good look at ebay and paypals terms and conditions.

shimbo

Last edited:
i had to join and post, i am Peachys business partner and feeling pretty sick right now. I have been in contact with our bank who are going to try and reverse the BAC transfer but it is not guaranteed i can only hope, i have reported his account details to Barclays fraud dept but i expect they already know about it. i am sitting here shaking and feeling sick how could i have been mugged off,

If its true that Paypal will only pay out a maximum of £500 to someone from abroad even though they might have say £5,000 (of that persons money) that that they have paid for say a Nikon/Canon camera...... what happens to the other £4,500.... if they gave it to charity I would say fair enough, but still harsh, its not Paypals money after all.

No, its if they can't get the money back of the person you gave it to they only give a max of £500. If they got all the money back, you would get all the money back. Unfortunately you can withdraw money from paypal to your bank account in about 3-5 days in the UK, so usually by the time you realize you've been scammed they've already withdrawn the cash.

No, its if they can't get the money back of the person you gave it to they only give a max of £500. If they got all the money back, you would get all the money back. Unfortunately you can withdraw money from paypal to your bank account in about 3-5 days in the UK, so usually by the time you realize you've been scammed they've already withdrawn the cash.

Thanks for clarifying that. I've amended my post. I had seen a post where it said that anyone from abroad would only get £500, but it now seems that they could get more.

shimbo

I'm another victim I'm afraid...£1431.00 down the tubes for a Sony A900 which did not exist!!
The ebay listing had been very carefully done with excellent description & attention to detail - not the usual copy of the manufacturer's brochure.
I made email contact regarding the delivery & payment long before the auction closed, checked his feedback history etc etc & having won, elected to pay by electronic transfer.
Needless to say, nothing from ebay except an automated "insufficient time has elapsed" for them to entertain a complaint about non-delivery!
The rest is history!

I'm another victim I'm afraid...£1431.00 down the tubes for a Sony A900 which did not exist!!
The ebay listing had been very carefully done with excellent description & attention to detail - not the usual copy of the manufacturer's brochure.
I made email contact regarding the delivery & payment long before the auction closed, checked his feedback history etc etc & having won, elected to pay by electronic transfer.
Needless to say, nothing from ebay except an automated "insufficient time has elapsed" for them to entertain a complaint about non-delivery!
The rest is history!

eBay are impossible to deal with over this, at the moment I can't get more than a copy'n'paste reply telling me that I need to try and resolve it with the seller. Supposedly they might have a genuine reason for example they have a computer problem or personal issues or they are just a dumbass scammer who feels he has a right to other peoples money.

i have just had a call from my bank fraud unit and they said that it's too late to reverse my BAC transfer and my only hope is that Barclays have frozen the account and there are still funds in there, The person seemed to know all about it so i think it is very big. I wonder if Barclays / ebay / paypal can be held responsable for any of it, gonna do some research.
If you haven't already joined the ebay group (link was posted earlier) you should as it has lots of info and through it we can work as a group to try and get things done

Last edited:
I ´m actually speaking with eBay and I´ve have denounced this event.

At the same time, I´have wrotten to Barclays but I´m from Spain and The Barclays Sucursal is in UK. Here is the e-mail I´ve sent to Barclays Sucursal in SPAIN:

Hola, les escribo por el siguiente motivo:

Estoy seguro de que he sido estafado (y bastante gente más) en una tienda del Reino Unido. Las compras se realizan a través de eBay y el vendedor tiene una cuenta en Barclays Bank donde pide que se haga el ingreso. Mucha gente hemos comprado, ha realizado el pago y de repente el vendedor ha desaparecido. Por favor, esto es muy importante, hay mucha gente que ha perdido su dinero por culpa de estos estafadores. Les voy a dar los datos de esa cuenta bancaria y les ruego me hagan saber si hay alguna forma de demostrar el fraude y recuperar el dinero, así como denunciar y emprender acciones legales contra este individuo. Alguien tiene que tomar medidas ante este individuo.

La cuenta es ésta (del Reino Unido):

Barclays Bank
Eport UK
AC NO: 83064174
SC: 20-10-70
IBAN: GB11BARC2015 7083 0641 74
SWIFTBIC: BARCGB22

También tengo algunos datos sobre la persona pero no puedo constatar que sean verdaderos:

Seudónimo: stanfordsbank
Nombre: fozlur rahman
Ciudad: rawtenstall
Estado: Lancashire
País: United Kingdom
Teléfono: 01282700751

Espero que exista alguna política de protección para usuarios afectados y que me puedan ayudar.
Gracias,
Rafael Chica.

There are all the information I have got about EPORTUK and STANFORDSBANK.

I hope that information could be useless to anybody of yours. If somebody have more information, please, contact to me.

Best wishes and encorage.

PD. Sorry for my english.

i have just had a call from my bank fraud unit and they said that it's too late to reverse my BAC transfer and my only hope is that Barclays have frozen the account and there are still funds in there, The person seemed to know all about it so i think it is very big. I wonder if Barclays / ebay / paypal can be held responsable for any of it, gonna do some research.
If you haven't already joined the ebay group (link was posted earlier) you should as it has lots of info and through it we can work as a group to try and get things done

I'm not sure the bank can be held responsible, I think as a group we might be able to hold eBay responsible, mainly from the fact the guy is a powerseller and they ignore numerous complaints about him dating back from September 2008.

Oh and yes, it is very big. It is a gang and the estimates of the fraud range from £120k - £400k

I have just made contact with eBay on the customer service number given in one of the earlier posts (Tel No is 020 8080 2105).
Ebay was receceptive to my complaint but can now only respond to police enquiries (they will not divulge this traders details to the general public as he is de-listed.)
I am currently in India which makes contacting the police a little difficult!
Is there anyone else out there who has been similarly 'caught' who can report the issue to the UK police in order that they then follow it up with eBay?

I have just made contact with eBay on the customer service number given in one of the earlier posts (Tel No is 020 8080 2105).
Ebay was receceptive to my complaint but can now only respond to police enquiries (they will not divulge this traders details to the general public as he is de-listed.)
I am currently in India which makes contacting the police a little difficult!
Is there anyone else out there who has been similarly 'caught' who can report the issue to the UK police in order that they then follow it up with eBay?

Just tell them you are from a police in India lol, how will they know the difference.

Anyway, join this group - http://groups.ebay.co.uk/clubforum.jspa?forumID=18000026316
There are plenty of other victims who can help you there.

I feel sorry for everyone. I was scammed in the past by a very convincing student who had built up a good feedback (over a thousand) - starting off with small electronics and gradually increasing in value. Then when his course at university was finished he pulled the plug and fled back home to Turkey.

I guess StansfordBank is a dig at Sir Allan Stansford who himself is undergoing fraud in the Americas and West Indies.

Cant believe i am writing this message-i have been scammed by eportuk. Transfered money direct to account, feel like an idiot now! Contacted ebay but complete waste of time, automated response-to be honest ebay have some responsabiliyt in this surely, these guys had been trading for how long before they were taken off and now ebay are only serving to slow me down!!

Banks and police not much help either- taking too long!!! these blokes have probably already withdrawn the money.

Pleased to say though taking some further private action that will prove effective. I will keep posted with details to benefit others when available.

Thanks all for the useful comments and info.

Pleased to say though taking some further private action that will prove effective. I will keep posted with details to benefit others when available.

I hope the private action involves 3 burly blokes and 3 baseball bats!! :bat: I'm gutted for all those that have been stung, especially as the **** had the barefaced cheek to give some lip on here while ripping people off!! :( :thumbsdown:

Here's hoping for a happy (or bloody) ending!! :|

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE, my banks fraud dept rang me and said the Barclays accounts have been frozen and there are funds in them but as of about 1pm today the police had not made contact with Barclays, they have only frozen the accounts because of the number of complaints from us lot. When i reported this at my police station i was allowed to speak to i think it was the CPS and i gave them all the info i had about Eport and web links etc.
As there are funds in the accounts then there is a glimmer of hope for some money back. You must contact your banks fraud dept to set the ball rolling and if you are NOT UK based this is even more important, contact your banks fraud dept

I hope the private action involves 3 burly blokes and 3 baseball bats!! :bat: I'm gutted for all those that have been stung, especially as the **** had the barefaced cheek to give some lip on here while ripping people off!! :( :thumbsdown:

Here's hoping for a happy (or bloody) ending!! :|

WTF? He posted on TP?

UPDATE, my banks fraud dept rang me and said the Barclays accounts have been frozen and there are funds in them but as of about 1pm today the police had not made contact with Barclays, they have only frozen the accounts because of the number of complaints from us lot. When i reported this at my police station i was allowed to speak to i think it was the CPS and i gave them all the info i had about Eport and web links etc.
As there are funds in the accounts then there is a glimmer of hope for some money back. You must contact your banks fraud dept to set the ball rolling and if you are NOT UK based this is even more important, contact your banks fraud dept

That is good news and I'm really pleased for those people he's ripped off. Hopefully there's sufficient left in the account to refund everyone or at least a sizable proportion of their losses.

That is good news and I'm really pleased for those people he's ripped off. Hopefully there's sufficient left in the account to refund everyone or at least a sizable proportion of their losses.

Supposedly there is around 15p for every £1 that people got ripped off left in the account and that is assuming that eBay don't get there cut first.

From what I heard they didn't freeze the account as soon as it was reported and a large amount £100,000+ was allowed to be withdrawn from the accounts. So even after the police and banks knew about the fraud, they still let them move money around and withdraw it.

I haven't personally beened scammed but I know someone that has. Can't believe Ebays negligence on this case. This forum has been very helpful though, thank goodness for the general public! The trouble is now who are you suppose to keep on at?! The Police, Ebay or the Banks?

I think contacting Watch Dog might be a good idea although I imagine they get so many complaints about Ebay they probably cant keep up!

I really hope everyone affected gets justice.

Supposedly there is around 15p for every £1 that people got ripped off left in the account and that is assuming that eBay don't get there cut first.

From what I heard they didn't freeze the account as soon as it was reported and a large amount £100,000+ was allowed to be withdrawn from the accounts. So even after the police and banks knew about the fraud, they still let them move money around and withdraw it.

This is interesting development!

If I may suggest, and please note that I am not a lawyer nor do I work in the bank industry (but did for close to 20 years).

1. Anyone who's been scammed must report this to your bank (in writing) and to the authority (in writing too); and get proof that you've submitted your complaint.

2. If you can collectively agree on a course of action then that gives the whole lot more credence and better chance of more powerful authority stepping in (Interlope, if he's fled the country).

3. Taking it the legal way, it is the best and only course of action you should contemplate. Ignore any ideas of going to a given / known address (this will turn the table against you). Legal channels will be long, costly but it is the best course of action.

I hope all this works out for the best, and sorry it's happened; but as I've said earlier, even big international corporations commit criminal scams!

Thanks for all your messages and help with all this. If i may ask snappy media how you know the details of how much money is in the account and those details-not being funny or suspicious just wondering how you know! My bank cant give me any info. thanks

Back