External HD any offers?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know of any good offers on 1TB external hard drives at the moment?

I only have about 7% left on my current one so need to get a new one asap.

TDX-RTHK is the £10 off code.
It will work for anything over £50 I believe.

The Tesco one is the way to go I think. Only problem is I can't seem to buy it without registering for a clubcard! I don'y want a damn clubcard, this is the first time I will have shopped at Tesco and probably the last too.

I would highly recommend going for the eSATA one suggested up above. It is infinitely faster that USB.

I would highly recommend going for the eSATA one suggested up above. It is infinitely faster that USB.
I've no idea if my computer can use eSATA though. I wouldn't want to pay the extra and then find I can't use it. ;)

If your computer has a port like, then it is esata

comboport.jpg

I wouldn't use a 1TB drive myself. Its putting all your egss in one big basket!!

I wouldn't use a 1TB drive myself. Its putting all your egss in one big basket!!

what about 2 1TB drives? I'd rather pay more to lose no data, than lose half my pictures!

ema, make sure it's backed up! external drives die even quicker than normal internal drives.

Better to buy several smaller drives than put all your eggs into one basket!

Good point about not putting all your eggs in one basket. It's not just for backing up photos but I guess the same applies whatever you back up.

Can I get 2 500GB ones for the price of one 1TB?

if it's a back up, it doesn't matter really (says he with 4 copies of all live data - I used to work in data centre admin, what can you expect ;) ) . And no, 500gb drives are very expensive per gigabyte atm.

Last edited:
I buy all my computer related items from:

www.scan.co.uk

great service, good prices, and check out there today only section, there are some real bargains to be had

I always back up to 2 drives just in case. Call me paranoid but I also keep one of them off site as well ( usually in the car or I take it to work in my rucksack ) judt in case some kind sole breaks in and 'borrows' my computer gear.;)

I was about to order the 1TB one from Tesco and it now says it's out of stock. Damn.

Back