Eye Fi advice

Edit My Images
No
Hi,
I need sometimes at short notice to send a pic to meet a deadline. To beat the clock I've ended up taking it with my Nokia Lumia 800 and emailing it. Then I heard about an Eye-fi SD card so thought with one of those in my D7000 I would be able to get a quality image, upload it via Wi-fi to the phone and then email it. However, popped into my local 'well known' camera store to check if it was that simple and they said no - it would only upload to a computer. I would appreciate if anybody with 'real world' experience confirm this or otherwise.

If you have an Android or iPhone, it does what you think, their is an eye-fi app which you run on the phone which uploads the images directly to it, you can do what you want with it.

I used on the other weekend using an iPad in this manner, quite impressive really.. I was thinking about getting one myself after seeing it in action

Last edited:
I've only played with an ipad via wifi and it works quite well.

Don't forget that it maybe possible to connect a card reader to your phone or tablet. iphones have a weird camera connection kit that does the job (well sort of) and android should be only easier. Nokia - I have no idea, but I presume it would have some form of usb connectivity if you don't mind the hassle.

Thanks for the replies... the only problem I might encounter is that the Nokia is a Windows phone so there might not be a suitable app. Time to change to an iPhone methinks!

Back