F1 British Grand Prix Free practice @ Silverstone 19.6.09 (F1 Cars)

# 2 for me. Love it.

Thank you very much!!

Lovely variety you have posted, just shows what can be done. I had a look on your site, but i feel that a lot are ruined by your watermark being in the center when the cars are too in the center, so you can't see the detail in the cars. Just a thought mate, maybe just putting your watermark at the bottom. Well done though. (y)

Thank you very much Danny.

Well, yeah, that is kinda the point!!! The amount of emails I have had regarding a copyright free copy of some picures is unreal. I can only assume they would have just taken them otherwise!

great shots Matt! #2 & 5 for me

Thank you very much!!

Seems as if #9 is a love or hate. I love it. You really get a sense of the crowd while still understanding why they are there. Great stuff.

Thank you very much indeed

Really good set there matt well done!.:clap:

Thank you!!!

#3, the car needs something to head into, might have worked better with the corner in vie a bit more?

like the sliding Force India, though i dont think the angle works as well as it could, #10 is ace, a good capture there. the rest are ok, not so keen on cars going away, i prefer to see them coming toward the camera

I could have done with that shoowing more of the cornor, agreed!!!

Fairy nuff!!

Thank you very much indeed!!

First time I have had a comment of you LOL (at least I think!!)

Without accreditation that's incredibly unlikely due to obvious safety reasons. There are always going to be a greater variation of low 'heading-away-from-you' angles, so I personally think it's hard to fault a set of pics in that respect.

I'm guessing the head-on angles available globally to the public at F1 certified circuits could be counted on one hand, probably on less than one finger :)

Thank you very much :)

well he managed 4 that are heading his way :p, im just saying i prefer that sort of short, its a preference, not a criticism. :)

Yup, and I understand your point :)

Great shots dude very impressed!!

Thank you very much indeed

Awesome. Have attempted to shoot GT1 cars there a few months ago I can appreciate how good these are.

Great shots Matt, love the crossed up Force India and the one of Vettel going through the dirt behind Glock! Not so keen on the Ferrari one, there just seems to be no vibrancy in the red... Maybe a little boost in saturation?

Great shots there. I do agree that Button is a little bit over-exposed, but that's easy to compensate. Super stuff!! :clap:

Great set matt, supprised i didn't see you on the friday, as i walked around the track like i usually do

#8 & 10 for me, out of the lot though

Cracking set, really like 9 the best, love the angle and pov of the crowd, I will be uploading my shots from the weekend soon, and I got a formula BMW role at Farm inside!!
The shots of the role are on my website

Scott

Awesome. Have attempted to shoot GT1 cars there a few months ago I can appreciate how good these are.

Thank you very much!!

Great shots Matt, love the crossed up Force India and the one of Vettel going through the dirt behind Glock! Not so keen on the Ferrari one, there just seems to be no vibrancy in the red... Maybe a little boost in saturation?

Thank you very much indeed.

You could well be right there!!

Great shots there. I do agree that Button is a little bit over-exposed, but that's easy to compensate. Super stuff!! :clap:

looks like ya had a Great Days shoot Matt
all Nice N Sharp .

www.TrackSidePhotography09.com

Thank you very much indeed, I certainly did!!

Great set matt, supprised i didn't see you on the friday, as i walked around the track like i usually do

#8 & 10 for me, out of the lot though

Thank you very much mate!!

Well, there was a hell of a lot of people there!

mega set matt i like the angles looks different. pin sharp.. very well done hard to pick my fav.

Cracking set, really like 9 the best, love the angle and pov of the crowd, I will be uploading my shots from the weekend soon, and I got a formula BMW role at Farm inside!!
The shots of the role are on my website

Scott

Thank you very much Scott.

Yeah, I just been on there. Well captured :clap:

i saw that demo laps at last years renault world series and they are crazily quick. would be so hard to photograph them.
really good set. clear and just generally good

Those are cracking shots.....what equipment were you using Matt ?

Shots look gd - nice one! What was the 'roving ticket' or whatever they call it like for Friday Practise? Lots of access around the circuit?

Matt!

Cracking stuff matey - I've had a play there and you've pulled some excellent shots out of quite frankly what is a total pile of poo! Shows your skill to work with what you have got, well done!

You could well be right there!!
Im fairly sure I am, you can see the solid white border on the bull so it's Red Bull not Torro Rosso, and you can see the yellow highlighting on the camera pod on the top of the airbox so it's Vettel not Webber... (am I showing myself to be a bit of an F1 tragic here... Probibly...)

Those are cracking shots.....what equipment were you using Matt ?

Thank you very much.

A very tired and worn out 70-300 sigma apo dg attached to a 400D :)

Shots look gd - nice one! What was the 'roving ticket' or whatever they call it like for Friday Practise? Lots of access around the circuit?

Thank you very much

Yeah, loads, just couldnt get into the centre :(

Great set Matt.

#9 My favourite.
Good to see you getting to some different tracks although silverstone is a bit crap for photos with all them fences.

Thank you very much mate.

Donny this Friday for WSBK!!

Matt!

Cracking stuff matey - I've had a play there and you've pulled some excellent shots out of quite frankly what is a total pile of poo! Shows your skill to work with what you have got, well done!

Thank you very much indeed andy!!

Im fairly sure I am, you can see the solid white border on the bull so it's Red Bull not Torro Rosso, and you can see the yellow highlighting on the camera pod on the top of the airbox so it's Vettel not Webber... (am I showing myself to be a bit of an F1 tragic here... Probibly...)

LOL you geek!!!

Thanks for the indentifaction, much apprecaited.

Haven't read the rest of the thread properly, so apologies if I'm repeating what others have said. Great to see you finally moving away from Oulton, was starting to think you'd never set foot elsewhere! ;) :LOL:

#1, well panned but as a few people have pointed out is blown. Would have preferred if if the corner of the front wing wasn't cut off as well.

#2, afraid I don't like the acute angle, a slightly angle I don't mind and it can sometimes make the shot more dramatic but this is too much for me. However, I like the speccies in the foreground and its nicely panned.

#3, sharp with still a sense of motion, well done. Know you're restricted but wonder if this might be improved by having the whole of the bend ahead in view with the car in the bottom right third?

#4, lacking punch in the colours compared to the previous shots and I think it should be straight, the people look like they're leaning to the right!;)

#5, good detail shot, sharp and well panned, well done! (y) Would try and recover the whites a little though?

#6, quite a photogenic car, nicely taken.

#7, like this, more atmosphere to it with the Force India in the background and like the pose of the Renault.(y)

#8, thats the way to do it! Shame its a little soft though. :(

#9, love the composition with the crowd in the background and the heat haze, but just not the angle.

#10, well caught, just needs levelling out! ;)

The angle thing is just a personal preference, but for me they only work with a slight angle on side on pan type shots to make it more dramatic. Looking forward to seeing more shots from different tracks. :)

Haven't read the rest of the thread properly, so apologies if I'm repeating what others have said. Great to see you finally moving away from Oulton, was starting to think you'd never set foot elsewhere! ;) :LOL:

#1, well panned but as a few people have pointed out is blown. Would have preferred if if the corner of the front wing wasn't cut off as well.

#2, afraid I don't like the acute angle, a slightly angle I don't mind and it can sometimes make the shot more dramatic but this is too much for me. However, I like the speccies in the foreground and its nicely panned.

#3, sharp with still a sense of motion, well done. Know you're restricted but wonder if this might be improved by having the whole of the bend ahead in view with the car in the bottom right third?

#4, lacking punch in the colours compared to the previous shots and I think it should be straight, the people look like they're leaning to the right!;)

#5, good detail shot, sharp and well panned, well done! (y) Would try and recover the whites a little though?

#6, quite a photogenic car, nicely taken.

#7, like this, more atmosphere to it with the Force India in the background and like the pose of the Renault.(y)

#8, thats the way to do it! Shame its a little soft though. :(

#9, love the composition with the crowd in the background and the heat haze, but just not the angle.

#10, well caught, just needs levelling out! ;)

The angle thing is just a personal preference, but for me they only work with a slight angle on side on pan type shots to make it more dramatic. Looking forward to seeing more shots from different tracks. :)

That is fantastic and I really aprreciate it. I agree with most of what you have said apart from the angles :p I like them but as you say it is personal prefrence!!

I am at Donington and Cadwell this weekend so there are two more new tracks lol.

Thank you very much for the comment :)

Back