F1 season 2015

The noses seem to be spliting into three groups
The thumb look williams and Sauber
The hoover look Lotus and Mercedes
The surf board look Mc larean and Ferrari

The McLaren is apparently likely to change livery when sponsorship is finalised.

So the Jerez testing shows that Merc is already looking reliable (250 laps in the 2 days compared to McLaren who have only managed 12).

As Christian Horner complained on day 1:
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "It's just showing off really - to turn up and do 157 laps is taking the mickey.

It also looks like the Ferrari has better legs than last year.

Some day 1 test footage and decent sound, the Merc sounds at times like the old traction control days then other times they sound like they did when they were blowing the diffuser on deceleration

Fernando's donkey sounds a lot worse than that
But not as bad as the Mclarean I hope they can get that hooked up soon
Why dont they sound like that on the BBC ?
I thought for a moment caterham was out there but it was just a smearing of flo viz over the merc

Caterham are there... Bernie has allowed them to race in whatever they could afford

jk-night.jpg

That's kobayashi and it cost him £100 for that seat

Regarding Marussia or Manor Racing as they are now I guess, I think not being allowed onto the 2015 grid may be a blessing in disguise.
With a stripped down outfit, a lot of staff have left, an old car with little or no prep what chance they would be anything other than back markers way off the pace. It could have been very embarrassing for all concerned and not the best way to attract potential sponsors/backers.

Hopefully they can have a year of rebuilding the team to go back to F1 in a better state than they left.

Force India, err, they are making noises about testing the new car etc but with the state of finances back in India far from stable there could be trouble ahead. Interestingly it's reported that it was Force India that blocked Marussia using the 2014 car, wonder if they had an eye on a share of Marussia's commercial rights income. Must be said that other teams were also against the plan to run a 2014 car but only Force India voted against apparently.

With Caterham and Marussai now gone and Force India looking a little iffy, at what point do Red Bull/Ferrari need to run a third car? don't suppose they would be expected to bring that in mid season surely, F1 would really be a joke if that happened.

Ferrari would back it if they could use the points from all 3 to win any sort of prize this season!!! ;) And Red Bull already run 4 cars!

Must be said that other teams were also against the plan to run a 2014 car but only Force India voted against apparently.
This is the bit I dont understand (well not the only bit with F1) It came from the strategy group, which is made up of 6 votes for Bermie +6 votes for that other group Bernie controls + 6 votes 1 a piece for the top 6 teams Very Democratic
So how does only force India's vote stop Marussia
If 2014 cars cant be run, what was all that about Mercedes running there 2014 car and saving the tokens for later
Or is just between the secret service F1 and poor news reporters that make F1 so confusing
It has to alter, the old gaurd has had there day

Lotus are up to their neck in debt could well follow the departing cars

This is the bit I dont understand (well not the only bit with F1) It came from the strategy group, which is made up of 6 votes for Bermie +6 votes for that other group Bernie controls + 6 votes 1 a piece for the top 6 teams Very Democratic
So how does only force India's vote stop Marussia
If 2014 cars cant be run, what was all that about Mercedes running there 2014 car and saving the tokens for later
Or is just between the secret service F1 and poor news reporters that make F1 so confusing
It has to alter, the old gaurd has had there day

Lotus are up to their neck in debt could well follow the departing cars

I could be wrong as I haven't been paying full attention to the goings-on. But I think it had to be unanimous for the vote to pass to allow them to use last years car.
I think the Merc using last years car is more saying using last years power units etc. I think the nose HAS to change for this year and a few other safety bits...but just keeping the same bits that need tokens from last year.

I could be wrong as I haven't been paying full attention to the goings-on. But I think it had to be unanimous for the vote to pass to allow them to use last years car.
I think the Merc using last years car is more saying using last years power units etc. I think the nose HAS to change for this year and a few other safety bits...but just keeping the same bits that need tokens from last year.
They are saying Marussia was rejected because it didnt present a good enough case on paper So the teams are now making the rules?
As for merc running a 2014 engine in a 2015 chassis thats suicde the whole issue is about balance, the power of the engine, down force, power harvest, braking, has all to work Sticking a 2015 more powerful unit and re designed one at that in a 2015 chassis later on would take forever to set up if ever
A car cant race unless it is homologated and with no date for 2015 the only cars homologated were the 2014 cars as they complied with 2015 rules they could be homologated again and again as they use the tokens so there seems to be no reason why a 2014 cant run At least thats how it was presented
Maybe force india's 4 million if Marussia dosnt run is a strong reason to throw a spanner

Last edited:
Depends very much on how much the outside of the power plant changes. If the developments are made inside the existing cases or can be fitted inside the current package, it shouldn't alter things too much.

Its the press that dosnt report correctly that confuses
It was reported that Mercedes was going to run the 2014 car at the start of this year due to the homologation foul up Obviously now with this report they couldnt have
here is christian sylt report and you dont get any nearer to bernie than him
The decision about whether to allow Marussia to use its 2014 car was made yesterday by the Strategy Group which comprises Ecclestone, the FIA and six leading teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes, Williams and Force India). "They wanted to come in with last year's car and it didn't get accepted. It needed all the teams to agree and there were three or four of them that didn't agree," says Ecclestone.
If they had agreed it could have been a slippery slope. "The trouble was that you can't do these things for one team, you have got to do it for everybody," says Ecclestone adding that "maybe one or two of the other teams would have liked to use last year's car." It wasn't the only reason for
Marussia being given a red light.
Reading that against Marussias statement is weird
May be Marussia wasnt expected to do the mods and now it looks like they have, another way to stop them arises
The guy reputably behind Marussia is the same guy that was tipped to oust Bernie, not that thats anything to do with it has it
£40mill bends words and ethics me thinks
For all the teams read the top 6 only

Cheating b'sturd. Should have been "warned off the course" after his antics a few years back.

Flavio Briatore, "I remain of the opinion that F1 should be a championship for drivers, not for constructors"

It's never been a championship for drivers over constructors. o_O If it was they'd all be in identical cars. :thinking:
Its been tried A1 wasnt it It was that memorable I cant really remember it

Oh wow. The ferrrari f1 concept car is stunning to look at. Let's have designs like that in f1

F1_Concept_Front3-STORY.jpg

I agree with that. Conversely the new Chevy IndyCar aero kit made my eyes bleed!

pity I can never see it happening It certainly has the vroom vroom factor that would appeal to a young gaming generation
At least Ferrari have said Manor F1 (Marussia) have an engine for 2015
You have to hand it too these guys they sure are triers

His cars faster this year there is time yet

McLaren looking good for the wooden spoon so far, I feel sorry for JB but hope Dennis and Alonso get what they deserve. So much was made on the switch to Honda by Dennis who then recruits the whinging spaniard for a second round of spit your dummy out and walk away from the team, early indications show that the mighty Honda who wanted to return to the new "green" formula have cocked up big time......

It would be daft to write off Honda at this early stage they are very good at picking up the pieces and winning
If they arnt on the podium by mid season I will be suprised
As for ferrari now thats another tale

Back