F1 season 2015

Alonso manager is saying the wind was to blame, unsettled the car. Not a good sign

This is how vettal saw it
Sebastian Vettel, who replaced Alonso at Ferrari when the Spaniard rejoined McLaren, was right behind him at the time of the incident.

The German said: "The speed was slow - maybe 150kph. Then he turned right into the wall. It looked strange."

The fact that he remains in hospital after a relatively medium shunt (in F1 terms) will cause the speculation to rise that something else happened, but of course they will stick to the gust of wind story.

Well, his agent is selling the same line as the team and Sainz went of at the same corner for the same apparent reason.

http://www.crash.net/f1/feature/215...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss
Well this report seemingly to justify the gust of wind theory, state that the wind didnt blow the car off the circuit but it initiated a mistake from Fernando
If so the bit left to explain is why when heading for a crash do you apply the brakes at the same time downshifting
The auther of this article sites drivers do funny things and uses Bianche's crash as an example, braking and accelerating at the same time
But i seem to remember this is an accepted safety feature for disengaging all drive sources just that Julies system wasnt connected this kind of colours this article

I reckon he's still being paid by a former team to screw McLaren over again...

McLaren denying a car fault (like the car electrocuting him) caused the crash, but that he was unconscious.

McLaren chairman Ron Dennis denied that Fernando Alonso was electrocuted when he crashed on the final day of the second pre-season test at Barcelona last week but did confirm that the Spaniard was knocked unconscious momentarily due to the impact.

The two-time world champion has been sidelined from the final pre-season test at the Catalunya circuit this week after he spent three days in a hospital after the incident, following which the 33-year-old returned to his family home in Spain for further rest and recuperation.

Dennis reiterated that the crash was caused due to gusty winds but confirmed that Alonso indeed suffered a "period of unconsciousness" in the impact, although he was now "completely lucid and normal" after he was treated for his concussion.

"There's no evidence of any injury to his brain," Dennis said.

Rumours surfaced after the incident suggesting that the crash was caused as Alonso had lost consciousness because of an electrical discharge in the energy recovery system, fumes from the battery or even that the driver was not fully fit.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/v...t_but_not_electrocuted_in_crash_says_McLaren/

Conspiricy or not
The car vwas doing 95mph when it was unsettled by the wind? not like carlos who was going at it full chat
Vettal said Alonsos car turned right and used the word strange I think he knows what wheel on grass is
Low res footage is out there somewhere that shows Alonso in the middle of the track
Who brakes for a crash and starts downshifting ? nothing like julies bianche which clutch and brake was logical
There are three names in the hat that makes this a murky affair Ron Flavio Alonso

Conspiricy or not
The car vwas doing 95mph when it was unsettled by the wind? not like carlos who was going at it full chat
Vettal said Alonsos car turned right and used the word strange I think he knows what wheel on grass is
Low res footage is out there somewhere that shows Alonso in the middle of the track
Who brakes for a crash and starts downshifting ? nothing like julies bianche which clutch and brake was logical
There are three names in the hat that makes this a murky affair Ron Flavio Alonso

Rather than your crackpot theories, I'd think it was more likely that he suffered some kind of medical episode. A fit or blackout. That would explain the protracted stay in hospital.

There are no theories of MINE crackpot or otherwise the above is what the respective authorities have stated (apart from the last line which is mine)
To me they dont stack together very well and I would like to see the therories out there dispeled by reason
I would like to see the reasoning for YOUR theory as I can find no evidence on the news media that Alonso was suffering from a medical condition do you have a link ?

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19933
Mc Lareans report
The last paragraph reads
"That last point refutes the erroneous rumours that have spread recently to the effect that Fernando was rendered unconscious by an electrical fault. That is simply not true. Our data clearly shows that he was downshifting while applying full brake pressure right up to the moment of the first impact – something that clearly would not have been possible had he been unconscious at the time

Last edited:
There are no theories of MINE crackpot or otherwise the above is what the respective authorities have stated (apart from the last line which is mine)
To me they dont stack together very well and I would like to see the therories out there dispeled by reason
I would like to see the reasoning for YOUR theory as I can find no evidence on the news media that Alonso was suffering from a medical condition do you have a link ?

Yep! Link.

Vettal has now modified his story on the Alonso crash
He said on Friday: "I'm not sure what happened. I was right behind but didn't really see. I was a bit too late and couldn't see how the accident started. I only saw the last bit when he was hitting the wall, but what happened before I can't judge whether he lost the car with the wind or not."
He originally said "he just seemed to turn right strange" and "we wernt going that fast"
Original speed quoted 93mph now the bbc has it from gps as 134mph
So its just an error on Alonsos part then
I suppose the bit about braking and downshifting will be explained eventualy

Last edited:
Mercedes have revealed their pace, put soft tyres on and gone 0.7 secs faster than anyone.
Button managed 100 laps in the mclaren (then broke down) but was faster than alonsos times.

Mercedes have revealed their pace, put soft tyres on and gone 0.7 secs faster than anyone.
Button managed 100 laps in the mclaren (then broke down) but was faster than alonsos times.
Its about this time that honest Ron is glad he kept Jenson

Their long run pace is very ominous, they're still in a league of their own.

in the best of the rest williams arnt looking too shabby

On the news at lunchtime, Alonso to miss the Australian GP due to the injuries sustained in his crash during testing.

The whole incident seems to be getting really complicated, supposedly a concern over concussion. It will be almost a month between the crash and Aus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31713292

McLaren's Fernando Alonso will miss the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on 15 March on medical advice.

Doctors say the 33-year-old Spaniard is not injured following his crash in testing on 22 February, but advised him not to race in Melbourne because of the risk of suffering a second concussion.

Sustaining a concussion injury while still affected by a previous one can have serious consequences, which can extend to prolonged coma or even death.

Kevin Magnussen will replace Alonso.

The 22-year-old Dane is the team's reserve driver.

Last edited:
Whatever the reason behind it better be safe than sorry.

True, but it's just weird.

From the no injury but 3 days in hospital, to this, he isn't racing just in case he has another injury? Think of Canada 2007, Kubica had a huge smash yet was cleared to race 3 weeks later in France.

Or Webber in 2010, big crash at the European GP, racing 2 weeks later at the British GP.

Then we have Alonso who suffered no injury in a relatively low speed accident who suddenly can't drive almost a month later...

It could be that a pre-existing medical condition caused the crash or the crash has done more damage than is currently known. I know that concussion is now known to be more dangerous than used to be thought so better safe than sorry.

It could be that a pre-existing medical condition caused the crash or the crash has done more damage than is currently known. I know that concussion is now known to be more dangerous than used to be thought so better safe than sorry.

Yep, that's my suspicion as well.

Exactly this. I just don't understand the underlying suspicion that something suspicious is going on here.

I have taken is to be a bit of a Dario Franchitti incident, expect with Alonso they are trying to prevent the nice head bang being his cue to retire...

Exactly this. I just don't understand the underlying suspicion that something suspicious is going on here.
Quite agree after schumacher and Bianche no one is taking chances
As for the crash with all the mis reporting it is hard to know what went on
And if you take into account Honest Rons track record and Alonso's anything could have happenend or nothing unusual
We will have to wait till Aus to see if kevins or jensons cars start making sudden right hand turns or just breakdown

Nice tip of the hat to Sid W. in that blog post.

While it's certainly better to be safe than sorry, the way this has been reported doesn't really add up IMHO.

McLaren have repeatedly claimed that Alonso is 100% well, & that there was no concussion, which already seemed odd given the time he stayed in hospital, but now they are concerned about another knock before the previous 'concussion' is healed!

There are plenty of insiders making comments about the incident being odd. Not a heavy impact, not high speed & no obvious cause - I don't buy the 'wind' explanation. Also, there are witnesses who suggest that Alonso was slumped in the car already. No telemetry has been released??

I'm not sure that we'll find out all the details, until an autobiography perhaps.

Its an opinion. Not sure how its cheating? Although I think it a little rich, coming from one of the teams that has been dominant for many recent years
They have certainly done some underhand things in bygone seasons to make me think they will go to any lengths of rule bending / breaking to win

Back