F1 season 2015

I can't remember the precise numbers but I'm pretty sure that all the other engine manufacturers weren't using full power this time last year, which is what Maclaran Honda should be comparing themselves to.

Would be interesting to see that comparison. No doubt Ron and Honda are doing that comparison with their data from last year using the Merc engine.

Don't look great though being so far off the pace though.

If the Honda gets off the blocks Jenson can expect to see Lewis in his mirrors within 20 laps, that will probably be the only tv coverage the McLaren will get.....being lapped or when it blows up.

Good to see ferrari with a car, wheels need a bit of attention though, Nobody interviwed Kimi :whistle:
Williams looks good wonder who will drive if Bottas is sidelined
Sauber on the rise if the new kids hold it together
Rosberg wondering what the hell happened to lewis over the winter and could he have some
Horner given up on cheating and has taken up winging
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118078
Alonso sat at home cheering on his decision not to race
Not the best race but certainly an interesting one

Alonso sat at home cheering on his decision not to race
Not the best race but certainly an interesting one

There's no truth to the rumour that Alonso is off to the doctor in the morning to ask for a sick note for the next 8 months ;).

And that leaves 3 theories for Alonsos crash
1) car failure
2) alonso medical problem
3) nothing wrong with either

The whine club is gathering members
Dr helmit "F1 needs to be equal" Marko
Christian "Its not fair we cant win " Horner
Sebastian "It was a boring race " Vettal
Danny "It was quite a boring race" Ricardo
Nico"I share the same feelings as about the sport as you guys" Rosberg
Just wait while Bernie starts and there should be a few more in the wings we might as well scrap the other 19 races this year
Lets all talk F1 down thats good for the sport
Jenson should give them all a course in gentlemenship
I bet Hass is wondering if he has done the correct thing in joining this set of losers

I wonder if Mr Wolff will have a say in Bottas' replacement, should Bottas be unavailable in two weeks....how many Williams shares does he own?! :thinking:

I wonder if Mr Wolff will have a say in Bottas' replacement, should Bottas be unavailable in two weeks....how many Williams shares does he own?! :thinking:
Not as many as he did he has flogged most of them
Imaginge the who har about hubby getting wifey a car

iirc something somewhere today said 5% (down from 15%).

First of all, what a boring race.
However, Lewis did a fine job as per usual. Vettel must be so glad that he is now in a Ferrari and not a Red Bull, and all the new lads did really well. Good to see the Saubers up there.
Full marks to Jensen for plugging away and cajoling a carthorse of a car to the finish.

First of all, what a boring race.
However, Lewis did a fine job as per usual. Vettel must be so glad that he is now in a Ferrari and not a Red Bull, and all the new lads did really well. Good to see the Saubers up there.
Full marks to Jensen for plugging away and cajoling a carthorse of a car to the finish.
Australia is not renown for exciting races
On the engineering side it was good to see the advances and and the failures
Dont discount Honda they are maybe making a pigs ear of it at the moment but they arnt known for failure
Jenson wasnt looking all that shabby against perez and his Merc engine at least the chassis looks way better than last year
Ilmor were supposed to be helping Reno so I expect an improvement there only hampered by the arrogance of red bull
And just what have ferrari done certainly on par with williams unlike last year
Hats off to Merc what a team even Nico is wondering how fast can lewis go
Yes not an exciting race but certainly an interesting one

Red bull stamping feet and teddy hurling cheating babies the lot of them
http://www.inautonews.com/furious-red-bull-issues-f1-quit-threat

Right...Ok....So.....Red Bull have Adrian Newey who has previously designed championship winning cars for William and Mclaren, his reputation is undeniable.
They were put to shame by their sister team in Australia who are using Ferrari engines...
Have they not realised that the Froggy engine they are using is a pile of ol' poo?

They were put to shame by their sister team in Australia who are using Ferrari engines...
?
I Thought Torro was running reno from 2014

Danny riccardo started 7 on the grid and ended up 6th
Carlos sainz started 5 on the grid and ended up 9th
Fastest lap danny 1:32:797
fastest lap carlos 1:32 :872
Max and danill retired
I arnt sure how torro showed up red bull

Last edited:
I Thought Torro was running reno from 2014
You are correct, I was getting them mixed up with Sauber but I still stand by my comment that it's sour grapes with Red Bull.
For some reason I had Peter Sauber linked to Red Bull in the world of my scary mind :D

Last edited:
Sour grapes it is
But they have the ear of Bernie that would do his grandmother to get the new engines off the track
Renault may just buy torro and dump helmit and red bull or at least make Red bull a customer team

Last edited:
Looks as if the german gp is scrapped this year
Somebody is going to have to get off there backsides and sort F1 out
And its all down to money
Complex engines and chassis need testing more days should be allowed at the end of a gp weekend to cut travel costs
Circuit cost need a close looking at a fair price would be nice instead of a fleecing of everyone from promoters to punters
Engines should have a resale price ceiling irrespective of the cost of manufacture
Someone needs to take a strangle hold off the goose that lays the golden egg

Van der Garde/Sauber disagreement is now settled.

Dutch driver Giedo van der Garde admits his "future in Formula One is probably over" after reaching a settlement with Sauber to resolve their bitter legal dispute.

Van der Garde took Sauber to courts in Switzerland and Australia over his belief he had a contract to race for the team in 2015. In the days before the Australian Grand Prix the Supreme Court of Victoria found that Van der Garde was entitled to race at the season-opening race in Melbourne, but both parties came to an agreement ahead of Sunday's event to allow Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson to compete for Sauber.

On Wednesday Van der Garde confirmed via his Facebook page the matter has been resolved and his 2015 contract ended by mutual consent. The Dutch driver, who drove for Caterham in 2013, says he felt well within his rights to take the team to court to pursue the career he always dreamed of.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/sauber/motorsport/story/194987.html#oukuwAi5ZOx0WDq1.99

Didn't Red Bull sign up to compete in F1 up to 2020, pretty sure Bernie would be asking for a very big wedge to let them break that agreement.

There was also talk of Red Bull starting to produce their own engines/power units. Not sure how viable that would be especially in the short term considering how Honda are struggling at the moment.

I do think though that when the top management of Red Bull started to publicly criticize Renault in such an aggressive manor then the writing is on the wall for them to part company. Ron had a far better response when talking about Maclarens' partner Honda, perhaps Red Bull could take note.

The German GP is now officially cancelled.

Following today's meeting of the World Motor Sport Council, Germany has been officially dropped from the 2015 calendar.

Confirming all the other 19 rounds, the World Motor Sport Council noted "the German Grand Prix has been withdrawn as the CRH and promoter did not reach agreement".

While the CRH (Commercial Rights Holder) Bernie Ecclestone said last weekend that the event looked unlikely, it was subsequent comments from both the Nurburgring and Hockenheim that finally signalled the death knell for the event.

Last year's event at Hockenheim was poorly attended, the TV cameras unable to hide vast swathes of empty seats in the arena, seats (right) that were filled to capacity during the golden era when Michael Schumacher ruled. A golden era that saw Germany hosting two rounds of the championship for several years.
http://www.pitpass.com/53495/Germany-officially-dropped-form-2015-calendar

I wonder who has been wispering in charlies ear
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30314.html
500 bar is the maximum allowed by the rules and is what is needed if they decide to go to 1000 hp motors in the future
I cant see Merc using some form of accumulators after the FIA flow meter because I cant see merc deliberatly cheating nor can I see Ferrari cheating either but their morals arnt as high as mercs However I can see Red Bull whinging

Would it be cheating or just a clever way of finding a loophole? I would have thought that the tightness of the package would make a decent sized accumulator hard to find space for (but probably not impossible!) The fact that Charlie's going to check the flow elsewhere should slam that particular loophole shut IF the accumulator is somewhere in the fuel line and a sudden reduction in the timing deficits should show us IF there is anything underhand clever going on!

It would have to be extremly clever
The rules are very clear for once
Any device, system or procedure the purpose and/or effect of which is to increase the flow rate after the measurement point is prohibited.

Haven't downloaded this years tech and sporting regs. Not sure any of them will be blatantly cheating then. TBH, I would say that they should be allowed any flow rate but be tightly restricted as far as the quantity of fuel they have available for the race.

Back