Favorite Photo

One for you Forbiddenbiker......taken outside a shop in Turkey owned by an Englishman...

Yes, I know youve all seen it before, but....

DSC_3879-01a3.jpg

This might be mine:

Southern%20Hawker.jpg

I had missed that one J ... a stunning macro with astonishing sharpness and loadsa detail ...beautiful ...:clap:

:p

WOW! Janice that is stunning! Thanks everyone for putting you fab photos on and keep em coming.

Janice, that is superb, has it been posted on here before because if it has I missed it first time round.

Its interesting to see how peoples favourites are different to those posted for the Calendar.

Diego, I really like your favourites posted above, but not so keen on your seagal shot. Is the reason for not putting these in the calendar due to being people and prefering their permission?

And Janice your macro shot above is great and think you should consider entering this for the calendar as well.

Very difficult to choose a favourite shot , it all depends on my mood when I'm looking through my stuff. I think it's time I put 'all' my favourites up in a gallery :)

Anyway , this is todays favourite , it helps me cope with these dark grotty days.

balloon.jpg

Cooow its hard this one, but then maybe not. Simply put this is my favorite because, I'm her granddad :) :) :)

Did_I_Do_That_Frame.jpg

I don't do many photographs of people, but this is a favourite of mine. It's stuffed full of them, and it reminds me of a Victorian painting!

Regards, Tony

Shades of Peter Bruegel paintings there. ;)

Class shot Rob ...(y) ... superb ...:clap:

Tell me ...(and everyone else :D) ... do you have to obtain permissions to 'go public' with stuff like this ... :thinking:

Aye - if you check the file info on the image (assuming it made it across from Photobucket intact) you'll see all the CROWN COPYRIGHT caveats etc.
As soldiers, they have no say about being photographed by Army Photographers for publicity or news purposes.
The only time they can ask not to be photographed is if they're serving with Special Forces or are about to go on selection for SF training - I usually take the photos anyway unless they're actually in the SF at that particular time, as they're all a bunch of Prima-Donnas anyway.
We had dramas in Afghanistan as a new directive came out from the Joint Helicopter task Force there asking for pilots not to be identified as it could compromise thier safety if they are shot down and have to evade capture.
What bolix! If you're stood next to a burning Apache wearing a green Grow-Bag (flight-suit), it's fairly obvious what you do for a living...

This is 1 of my favourites and has won a couple of competitions and made me around £2000.00 so far.
valentino2.jpg

:LOL:

...It’s like you never left Ven. (y)

P-E. Love that shot...gorgeously sublime are the words I've chosen. :D

---

Valentino Rossi.

Cracker Gary. Possibly the most talented rider ...ever!
Absolutely friggin awesome to watch... one heck of a season for him this year though wasn't it. :(

What length of lens were you using Gary? ...I don't recognise the track, so not in the UK possibly .....Would 300mm or close, get me close enough do you think...like at Donington or something?

Wow, Janice! Excellent shot of the dragonfly. Love it. :)

My favourite is this one. I even got it printed out A3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

flower2.jpg

I seem to recall when that one was taken, Fi lol

A couple from me..:)

typhoon.jpg

catterpiller=1.JPG

Darkstar I really like that one too you should have it blown up for your wall as an interesting pic of your house.

Tim what the heck is that caterpillar thing? Great detail though.

There are some truly great photos on here keep 'em coming!

There's some absolutely cracking shots in this thread. It's interesting to see what people percieve as their *own* favourites, yet we choose different ones that we percieve to be other peoples favourites (ie the calendar etc).

For me, Im undecided which is my favourite. I'm going to have to plump for this shot that I took this year at the Cancer Research Race for Life in Heaton Park.
I know it's technically not the best, but I can remember the emotions it stirred in me for the weeks after I took it...every time I looked at it, I got choked up, because of the very nature of the image.

251742023_a4e326812f_o.jpg

:LOL:

...It’s like you never left Ven. (y)

P-E. Love that shot...gorgeously sublime are the words I've chosen. :D

---

Valentino Rossi.

Cracker Gary. Possibly the most talented rider ...ever!
Absolutely friggin awesome to watch... one heck of a season for him this year though wasn't it. :(

What length of lens were you using Gary? ...I don't recognise the track, so not in the UK possibly .....Would 300mm or close, get me close enough do you think...like at Donington or something?

Yes it was a very good season this year, This is Rossi exiting Redgate at Donnington actually shot on cheap 75-300mm as this lens is small enough to poke through the holes in the fence.:D

I can see why marcel, very emotional, and you really connect with what people are running for

This is my fave....only because I think it was first I was really happy with.

Tanfield-Railway.jpg

Back