Ferrofluid - more pictures added

How much did you use in your pictures. Was it the 20ml bottle?

Yes, it was but not the whole bottle in most of the shots. The hexagonal arrangement used the whole bottle but the blue shot only used about 5ml. 20ml doesn't sound much but you can do quite a lot with it.

Mine is in the post!! 30ml for £12 inc delivery from scuddlebutt3 (Google is your friend), I know what I'm doing this weekend!!

Get the rubber gloves out, this could be a messy one! :LOL:

Mine arrived today. :clap: I foolishly didn't order a petri dish to go with it and am now looking for a suitable container. :wacky: Also, I didn't realize it could jump out and grab you by the throat if you're not careful. :cautious:

Paul :cool:

Mine arrived today. :clap: I foolishly didn't order a petri dish to go with it and am now looking for a suitable container. :wacky: Also, I didn't realize it could jump out and grab you by the throat if you're not careful. :cautious:

Paul :cool:

Mine has arrived too, some initial observations:

It stinks :puke: Very powerful oily smell which hasn't impressed Mrs R as the spare bedroom smells like my local garages inspection pit!
It stains :nono: Don't get it on anything and don't try flushing any down the bog, Mrs R is REALLY not impressed with the black stains...:help:

Off to plan my weekend shoot, I've got some interesting ideas for this stuff...

Oh wow, these are very cool!

I've just gone and ordered a set of fluid and two magnets, should be great fun to try out! Thanks for posting these :)

These are fantastic! Some really interesting results.
Number 7 is my pick of the bunch, looks like a spikey dome!

Back