Film Challenge 04 Discussion

I hope I'm not the only one who's remembered this!
(I'm not quite ready to post a shot)

Well, every good idea I had failed to come through. Reserve choice entered.
Any rules on moving the deadline back if anyone needs a couple more days?

Well, every good idea I had failed to come through. Reserve choice entered.
Any rules on moving the deadline back if anyone needs a couple more days?

+1 for that request as I'd completely missed this challenge.

One extra question, does it matter if the photo has already been seen in the 'Roll of Film' challenge?

+1 for that request as I'd completely missed this challenge.

One extra question, does it matter if the photo has already been seen in the 'Roll of Film' challenge?

Well, it looks like Konstantin wants to enter, so I'm sure he'll be receptive to the idea.
On other matters...
I'll setting the next challenge later today... How do I make it a sticky? Is that something a mod needs to do?
There was a bit of a discussion a couple of months back about mentioning these challenges outside the f&c area. Would anyone have any objections if I did that this month?
As a heads up, the theme will be "AFTER DARK", and as today is the shortest day, it'd be a good day to start!

Well, it looks like Konstantin wants to enter, so I'm sure he'll be receptive to the idea.
On other matters...
I'll setting the next challenge later today... How do I make it a sticky? Is that something a mod needs to do?
that would be one for our charming MOD team, yep - just create the thread and RTM it asking for it to be chewing-gummed :LOL:

There was a bit of a discussion a couple of months back about mentioning these challenges outside the f&c area. Would anyone have any objections if I did that this month?
Well - from the showing we've just had, getting anyone else to enter could only be a good thing I reckon :shrug:.

As a heads up, the theme will be "AFTER DARK", and as today is the shortest day, it'd be a good day to start!

I completely forgot about this to be honest - partly because the subject didn't grab me, but mainly because real life has seriously got in the way of my shooting for the last couple of months.

My dad, who lives with me, took a fall at the end of october, and broke his hip. Since then, either through Hospital Visiting, or working around physiotherapy visits et. al., and of course the additional looking after he's needed my chances of getting a couple of hours uninterupted to just shoot something for fun, as opposed to a couple of hours uninterupted to earn a crust have been few and far between.

The odd chances that i've been able to get out and take some shots have had to be dedicated to taking shots for the TP POTY competition (where I'm currently running 7th year to date, out of a entry of 426 people) which I've worked all year for :shrug:

It seems strange, as a self employed person, with no real commitments to a 9-5 lifestyle, to be saying that "I don't have time to shoot much film at the moment" but that's just how it is right now. I've lost my last chance of a landscape shooting trip this year - was going to do a day's shooting in the lakes between xmas and new year, but can't leave my Dad to fend for himself, so that's had to be canned :crying:

New challenge is open. Hopefully it's an open enough theme to be tempting without being too easy to be called a challenge!

The moderators seem to have unstickied the previous challenges, which was going to be my next question.

Would it be worth linking back to the previous challenges in the current challenge? There's been some good shots entered over the months that should get seen occasionally.

The odd chances that i've been able to get out and take some shots have had to be dedicated to taking shots for the TP POTY competition (where I'm currently running 7th year to date, out of a entry of 426 people) which I've worked all year for :shrug:

I really must remember to have a look around the F&C area more often, there's all sorts going on! I can't remember how I found this forum, but I came in through the "Show us yer film shots thread". Internet was messing about at the time and it took me some weeks looking through that thread alone!

Doh! Been trying to find the time to shoot something for this but as with Mark life interupts (although not as seriously). If we could have a week or so extra (please) I will now have time to take some shots, its the developing time which will slow me down though.

Andy

Doh! Been trying to find the time to shoot something for this but as with Mark life interupts (although not as seriously). If we could have a week or so extra (please) I will now have time to take some shots, its the developing time which will slow me down though.

Andy

That's right Andy, you concentrate on the Film challenges mate, you've already got one in for the Dec'10 POTY that should see you beating me down a place :LOL: To be honest - as my aim for the year was top 20 and 100 votes, I reckon that with 99 votes and currently 7th i'm in with a small chance this year of hitting my target. Doubt I'm going to do anything like as well in 2011 though - rule changes are going to stuff me I reckon, though I do think that they're actually fairer all round. :shrug:

Well you say that, but I've still got to get 7 votes to catch you and the way its gone recently thats not a given. :LOL:

Andy

:LOL: i've seen swings of +/- 15 votes before now, and i'm certainly not counting any ovoids as fowl just yet :LOL:

Well - there seemed to be a trend of putting festive avatars on here, so I thought I'd have to do something... It was either that or drawing a santa hat on the EOS-3 :LOL:

Back