FILM CHALLENGE 36 - Revolution - Discussion Thread

@Yv

I've had a bit of a mad few days and haven't had chance to dev the films I shot last week but I'm doing it now. If nobody minds I will pop one up later so if Yv wants to enter its all right by me.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, as long as no one else minds, I don't think it's going to stun the world, but is at least a slightly different take on those entered so far.

I've had a bit of a mad few days and ... I shot last week but I'm doing it now. If nobody minds I will pop one up later so if Yv wants to enter its all right by me.

:runaway:

Innuendo overload!!!1!!one!!

So there be another mod round these 'ere parts, eh? Oi dunt like change ... o_O

I mean, welcome, Yv, crack on and all that ;)

:runaway:

Innuendo overload!!!1!!one!!

So there be another mod round these 'ere parts, eh? Oi dunt like change ... o_O

I mean, welcome, Yv, crack on and all that ;)

...and to think, there was I, studiously ignoring the obvious innuendo for fear of giving Roberts a coronary. :rolleyes:

However, I promise to be a well behaved house guest, only swearing when sworn at and handing the ban hammer to Roberts every time I come through the door :D

Now I would like to watch Roberts wielding the ban hammer.

I've no doubt it would be done with precision and calm efficiency.

Reactions: Yv

and just a hint of a satisfied smile.

Oh dearie, dearie me.... I've just read it again... poor Roberts, he must be having a stroke.....;)

...and to think, there was I, studiously ignoring the obvious innuendo for fear of giving Roberts a coronary. :rolleyes:

However, I promise to be a well behaved house guest, only swearing when sworn at and handing the ban hammer to Roberts every time I come through the door :D

Yv it would handy for you if we had a thread\forum where only members are allowed and it doesn't go on google...so if a thread got out of hand you just say "this thread from post ### OR the whole thread, is now being transferred to *** thread\forum"....of course the rules from the admin would still apply to this new thread\forum i.e. you just can't say what you like.

Yv it would handy for you if we had a thread\forum where only members are allowed and it doesn't go on google...so if a thread got out of hand you just say "this thread from post ### OR the whole thread, is now being transferred to *** thread\forum"....of course the rules from the admin would still apply to this new thread\forum i.e. you just can't say what you like.

We've got one, it's called "the Naughty Corner" (I lobbied for it being changed to "the Flaming Pit of Eternal Damnation" but it was too much for Marcel to type...) - problem is, only the Green Team gets to see it.

I'll place it in the Gun Cupboard next the the Matched Pair of Purdeys Maam, in case you need it...

and just a hint of a satisfied smile.

Your Faith in me is most cheering Sirs, however I have no ambitions to smite anyone...

Oh dearie, dearie me.... I've just read it again... poor Roberts, he must be having a stroke.....;)

Not at all Sir, I've just been busy cleaning the glassware from the Saturday Evening festivities...

It has to be said, they would have been proud of writing that one on Round the Horn ;)

We've got one, it's called "the Naughty Corner" (I lobbied for it being changed to "the Flaming Pit of Eternal Damnation" but it was too much for Marcel to type...) - problem is, only the Green Team gets to see it.

ah yes, the tales the naughty corner can only tell...

I'll place it in the Gun Cupboard next the the Matched Pair of Purdeys Maam, in case you need it...

Very kind Roberts, thankyou.

I just had the gun dogs and terriers out btw, it was too lovely a morning not to, though I fear I may have been a little too ambitious in the photography department. Can't help but think that at least 23 of the 24 frames I used might be utterly useless and blurry.

Last edited:
...I fear I may have been a little too ambitious in the photography department. Can't help but think that at least 23 of the 24 frames I used might be utterly useless and blurry.

I'd be surprised if there was anyone on F&C who didn't silently recognise that fear as a very common one. Apart for @osh. Obviously. :rolleyes::naughty:

I'd be surprised if there was anyone on F&C who didn't silently recognise that fear as a very common one. Apart for @osh. Obviously. :rolleyes::naughty:

:LOL: indeed. I had planned to waste an entire roll on the hounds of hell [2 of which are going back home tomorrow] whilst we had crispy frost and sunshine, but my frugal side won out at 24 and decided the save the other 12 for something more likely to be successful. :rolleyes:

Well done Carl, super shot. In fact an excellent set of shots from all concerned.

Andy

Congratulations, Carl!

Good standard of entries all round, looking forward to the next subject :)

Well done @Carl Hall, cracking shot (y) Bring on the next one :)

Congratulations Carl - look forward to seeing the next challenge topic when you have had chance for a bit of a think...

Excellent Carl, well deserved.

Wow thanks everyone :) I love these challenges, it's really interesting to see everyones different take on the theme.

Oh I didn't realise I'd have to pick the next theme; I don't do well under pressure o_O Do I have to PM it to someone or just post it here?

Wow thanks everyone :) I love these challenges, it's really interesting to see everyones different take on the theme.

Oh I didn't realise I'd have to pick the next theme; I don't do well under pressure o_O Do I have to PM it to someone or just post it here?
Just pick a new subject and start an entries and a discussion thread and a mod will do the 'sticky' thing. I usually do a lot of copying and pasting and just change the relevant bits.

Just pick a new subject and start an entries and a discussion thread and a mod will do the 'sticky' thing. I usually do a lot of copying and pasting and just change the relevant bits.

Oh God, I am definitely going to balls this up lol. I've thought of a theme though, so I will post it up now :)

Ah it was you that spelt Excalibur wrong :D

Someone spelt excalibur "excaliber" :D...also these challenges, well for me, are getting a bit confusing as they are overlapping...can't we wait till one is out of the way before starting another one?

Someone spelt excalibur "excaliber" :D...also these challenges, well for me, are getting a bit confusing as they are overlapping...can't we wait till one is out of the way before starting another one?
There is a very obvious difference, the normal challenge means you have to go out, take new shot, process and upload. With the 'new old' challenge you dig out the shoeboxes full of old negs/prints or even raid your Flickr account if you have one and post it up.
The whole point of the 'new/old' challenge is that it gives us something to do while the weather is a little less tog friendly, while the normal everyday challenge can tick along in the background with everybody taking advantage of the occasional decent day we get this time of year.
It also means that the normal challenge runs a little longer than the usual monthly challenge, the Revolution challenge was launched 0n 16th December so will have taken over 7 weeks by the time the results are in.
If it confuses you too much Brian why not just enter one of the challenges?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yv
There is a very obvious difference, the normal challenge means you have to go out, take new shot, process and upload. With the 'new old' challenge you dig out the shoeboxes full of old negs/prints or even raid your Flickr account if you have one and post it up.
The whole point of the 'new/old' challenge is that it gives us something to do while the weather is a little less tog friendly, while the normal everyday challenge can tick along in the background with everybody taking advantage of the occasional decent day we get this time of year.
It also means that the normal challenge runs a little longer than the usual monthly challenge, the Revolution challenge was launched 0n 16th December so will have taken over 7 weeks by the time the results are in.
If it confuses you too much Brian why not just enter one of the challenges?

No problem entering it's just that there is no "breathing space" in between challenges, so threads are still up when it would be nice to just have the threads on the latest challenge. :rolleyes:

No problem entering it's just that there is no "breathing space" in between challenges, so threads are still up when it would be nice to just have the threads on the latest challenge. :rolleyes:

Isnt that what Marks pinned challenges thread is for, so you know what is current.

Isnt that what Marks pinned challenges thread is for, so you know what is current.

Well this thread "revolution" is still going and also "human powered" and now "shadows" o_O

Well this thread "revolution" is still going and also "human powered" and now "shadows" o_O

There's currently two types of challenge, one is a "new old film challenge" which is for people to dig out old photos to enter, and the other is just the "film challenge" which is what people go out and shoot new photos to enter.

"Revolution" was a "film challenge" which has been replaced by "shadows", and "human powered" is a "new old film challenge"

There's currently two types of challenge, one is a "new old film challenge" which is for people to dig out old photos to enter, and the other is just the "film challenge" which is what people go out and shoot new photos to enter.

"Revolution" was a "film challenge" which has been replaced by "shadows", and "human powered" is a "new old film challenge"

Must be an age thing when I like easy reading and everything simple :D

Back