Film Photo Challenge 17 - 'Man vs Nature' Discussion Thread **Last Call for Entries**

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the discussion thread for the Film Photo Challenge 17 - 'Man vs Nature' Discussion Thread

Entries should be posted here.

Last edited:
ooh ! I could join in with this one (y)

you have the finish date wrong, methinks (y)

If the weather does what they say it could be tomorrow in Edale would be a good opportunity to get some shots on this theme. :D Although maybe that should be 'geeks against nature'. :LOL:

Andy

Mmmm I reckon I could try this.....Today i was out shooting some LF in the Old Town of Nice......what a battle I had trying to compose and actually shoot with all the tourists wandering around.....I'm sure that could have been Man (Asha) vs Nature (The rest of the population) :D :D :D.

Hows about if I photograph myself eating an elephant? Smothered in chilli sauce? ;)

Why would you cover yourself with chilli sauce just to eat an elephant!

sorry - missed this post going up - it's now chewing-gummed to the top of the forum, along with the entried thread :)

I've got my entry ready, going to upload it when ive finished editing the shots for my 52 :)

Mines up, there might be a colour version if i get my arse in gear and shoot some more to make the developing worth wile

Well I've submitted something for once - currently torn between images, but hoping my choice fits the brief. I just found myself looking for something to create interest and was instantly drawn to the rusty wheel rim as it was totally out of place and alien to the pebble beach. My entry may well flit back and forth over the coming week as I try to make a decision or I may withdraw it, still undecided.

Last edited:
I've been obssessed with this challenge for the last few weeks, and have probably shot around 100 images! I'm going to submit one, which might get changed, but I have to admit that while many visual metaphors for "man vs nature" occurred to me, turing them into a good photo is the real problem. Oh well, let's see...

Hmm, not sure I'm doing things right, my image looks very wee against the others! Aperture won't let me save at max 800 pixels, so I have to save at max 640, which then looks small. I tried saving at max 1024 so as to get a resizing effect like others seem to have achieved, but it won't accept them.

I guess there's two different effects here; TP gallery won't accept anything bigger than 800; TP posts will take external images bigger and resize them down. Oh well!

Hmm, not sure I'm doing things right, my image looks very wee against the others! Aperture won't let me save at max 800 pixels, so I have to save at max 640, which then looks small. I tried saving at max 1024 so as to get a resizing effect like others seem to have achieved, but it won't accept them.

I guess there's two different effects here; TP gallery won't accept anything bigger than 800; TP posts will take external images bigger and resize them down. Oh well!

OK, I joined Photobucket and saved a larger version (fit within 1024 by 1024) there, and it seems now to have a comparable size to the others (resized so max 800). Hasn't improved the image, of course!

As always it is restricted to film only but apart from that and minimal post processing you can do what you like...

Can someone please clarify whether converting a colour film shot to black and white falls within the "minimal post processing" definition?

Can someone please clarify whether converting a colour film shot to black and white falls within the "minimal post processing" definition?

Yes (y)

Oh man, missed this thread. Think i have a brilliant shot for this that i took last week but i'm only on frame 12 or something, and it won't stop raining. Man flu or no, might have to have a bit of a mad shooting dash this weekend :p

EDIT: Yeah... that didn't happen.

Last edited:
Right I've finally got round to posting my entry, and yes I did extend the closing date a little bit:naughty:

So this is the last call, anymore for any more?

Who's that weirdo in your photo Nick? Looks like he should be locked up :nuts:

Who's that weirdo in your photo Nick? Looks like he should be locked up :nuts:

Just some mad bloke, tramping around the countryside with a camera the size of a housebrick upsetting the locals :wacky:

I suppose I should have got him to sign a model release form :LOL:

Not sure what he'd be a model for though.....honey monster maybe?:D

So last call for entries for this challenge, if anybody has shots that are about to be processed or that just haven't been posted yet I'll keep it open for a couple more days but not for much longer but if not I'll close it tonight and get the poll up (y)

I could probably get one up at some point tomorrow, but it's fine if anyone's in a rush or something :)

Back