Film Photo Challenge 24 "Tree(s)" Discussion thread

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully quite an easy theme for everyone, even those people living in large cities have a tree reasonably close to home don't they? :shrug:

Anyway, the theme is "Tree(s)"

Use what ever film camera, lens set up you wish.

B&W or Colour.

I'm afraid I'm unable to accept responsibilty for any injuries or arrests :police: incurred to anyone desperatley trying to win this challenge by climbing a tree, grovelling around at it's base or persuading a child (or parent :nuts: :puke: ) to swing from a branch :D :D......whatever you choose, let's see that creativity!

Challenge starts now and finishes 23:59 saturday 18th May 2013

Please keep all discussion on this thread, the entries to be posted here

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Won't please the members living in the middle of the Sahara desert :)

In-tree-guing

:coat:

Out today with the camera and with a late spring most of the trees have no leaves or flowers :(

They can look even more beautiful that way... although we're getting some very pregnant buds around here.

i thought i had some nice tree pics on a film i had dev'ed, turned out to have 30odd pics shoot my friends kids, now im wondering if i had a film in the camera before that, and if so, where it is now, and if its marked as used :x, sigh :(

I love tree trunks that are twisted so they look like faces

I love tree trunks that are twisted so they look like faces

Oops, misread that with an extra E! :LOL:

If there is a tone I endeavour to lower it. That's why I play bass.

I'll get me coat!

icelandics,greenlanders and mongolians are mad too :p

That's only because you didn't show proper respect by starting each proper noun with an upper case letter...

See how Eskimos, Innuit and the ravening Mongol Horde seem a lot happier now?

Oak trees can have some amusing shapes when they are "naked" (y)

Oh crikey! Do they let you out every week or is it usually when the trees are wearing appropriate underwear?

You guys, you guys,,, I fit right in here. :nuts::nuts:Does fillum give off a vapour or something or is it time spent as a child watching Crackerjack?:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Do we leave the entries in here too? Can't find another thread.

Untitled by the matt1, on Flickr

This is my friend and housemate laying to rest a birch tree, along with the extensive creeper which killed it.
Rolleiflex, hp5+ @1600

Mine added. I'll try be better and add pics to more of these threads in future!

That's me in for the month, unless I find something better! Shot on some of the Tesco reduced price Gold, wasn't really the correct tool for this job but it was adequate with a little artificial saturation in LR.

Wow... 8 entries already with still a couple of weeks left to go ( good job as I haven't even made an attempt yet :D)

Some excellent entries so far....glad the theme is proving very popular this time.

Don't forget you can change your entry shot before the end of the challenge if you find yourself capturing something even better.

Wow... 8 entries already with still a couple of weeks left to go ( good job as I haven't even made an attempt yet :D)

Some excellent entries so far....glad the theme is proving very popular this time.

Don't forget you can change your entry shot before the end of the challenge if you find yourself capturing something even better.

Ooh Goody !!

As the challenge "organiser", I thought it best to at least show some effort and post an entry.....

Bumpty Bump.

A little reminder that this "Tree(s)" film challenge finishes on saturday evening (18th) so if you want to join the other 17 contestants and post an entry, you only have a few days left.

An excellent turn out by the root and branch members of f & c........sorry:coat:

Yep....theme has proved to be very....... poplar

Sorry too :)

Oak(ay) that's probably enough now.......

Oak-ay that's enough...

I think we will get sick a more jokes like these.

An excellent turn out by the root and branch members of f & c........sorry:coat:

Yep....theme has proved to be very....... poplar

Sorry too :)

Oak(ay) that's probably enough now.......

I bough down to your superior wisdom in this matter, however I think yew'll be sorry...

Oak-ay that's enough...

I think we will get sick a more jokes like these.

Bring back the Birch for those who dare post tree relate jokes....:D

I'm Leaf(ing) you guys to it and heading for the Beech :coat:

I don't think its fir on the alder members of the forum to ashk them to reed this. Those at the h(elm) need to act quickly and box our ears before it gets w(holly) out of hand.

I think I need to get out more......:eek:

OK guys, Poll is now added.

Vote for as many entries as you wish, poll closes saturday 25th.

Best of luck everyone.

Whoops I've just noticed an error on my part.

The poll isn't open for multiple choice...aarghh ...sorry guys it looks like I've set it for one vote per person only!

Perhaps a mod/admin can change it please????

Asha, can you go back in and edit it, if there are no mods to do it? Don't know whether to vote yet, for just one, or wait!

Asha, can you go back in and edit it, if there are no mods to do it? Don't know whether to vote yet, for just one, or wait!

Sorry Chris, I am unable to edit it.

I contacted mods to try have it changed......unfortuanatly they couldn't modify it as the poll had already been voted on.

On this occasion I'm afraid it's a single vote which, given the amount of good entries is quite a difficult choice to make.

Asha, you picked an hell of a month to make a mess of the vote! :)

Mmmm too much Blix and not enough Rodinal me thinks......:D

Anyway it's good to have a limited choice ....makes you think more! :D

Back