Film Photo Challenge 28 "Do Not Crop" Entries Thread

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Ok, I have to be honest and say that I saw this elsewhere but I thought it would be great to mention on this forum at some point as a competition theme and now seems a good time.

The theme is; no cropping!

Henri Cartier-Bresson was famously against cropping and often stamped “Do Not Crop” on his photos. Vivian Maier developed only a fraction of her prolific output and therefore only viewed most of her images once and that was in the viewfinder.

So, any subject you like, any format, monochrome or colour, composition is king and add a little rebate to your entries to show that the image is what you saw please.

Assuming the normal time frame is a month shall we set Friday 15 November as the end?

Regards

Mark

8461479628_4f3faf7dac.jpg

I'm calling shenanigans on all the other entries as there's not a bit of rebate showing yet.

No rebate I'm afraid but its defo not been cropped.

Lamp
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Just about straight/vertical/level.....I think!

snea.jpg

along with negative proof:

View attachment 485

Quarter Plate Adox CHS 25

Last edited:
This was a bit of a hooley'd shot that i recovered. I think the film at the end of the roll was scraping along the film below it in the developing tank so it took some emulsion scrapings. But it actually gave this lovely effect. Well i think its lovely anyway :) You can see some of the frame edge top and right just to prove its uncropped.

The ultimate minimalist room, no furniture or carpets, just three huge barrels of beer

BasingHouse
by gwladys.street, on Flickr

Barn at Basing House, Hants, Olympus XA with some very out of date Fuji 400.

I can confirm that the "rebate" requirement was a bit intimidating for this newbie (and also impossible) so I hope the crappy phone photo of the neg is ok.

So, as seen in the Show Us Your Film Shots thread, the fifth shot from my first ever roll of film (not counting childhood P&Ses), taken on a Yashica Mat I got for nothing from a buddy.

Sunset, Pontypridd
by Arfonfab, on Flickr

View attachment 703

OK here's a go. Spine-tingling moment taking this. :) First the entry (scanned on the Plustek)...

Then the rebate confirmation (scanned on the V500... and I did take care to set exposure for the actual frame before locking exposure and expanding the frame size... definitely sticking with the Plustek for my 35mm stuff after seeing this).

As you can see I knocked out a couple of specular highlights in the entry, I think that's within the rules...

(This was my backup candidate for the Parents POTY13 entry.)

This is mine....
Taken with the Mamiya RB67 using Kodak Ektar 100, scanned with the V500..... and hopefully left enough rebate in.

10882327804_ed602d5dbd_b.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't get any rebate to show but this is the full 4x5 frame...

Flowers
by wickerman6, on Flickr

Crown Graphic, Schneider Symmar 180mm f5.6, Fomapan 100 in Rodinal 1+50.

Last edited:
Back