First attempt at sunset timelapse

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm really interested in getting into time lapse and I've made an attempt at doing a sunset over a local reservoir comments would be welcome (please ignore the first 2 seconds as I attempted to manually move the camera on the tripod:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDbYOyyJlX8&fmt=18

I then edited in light room and after effects. I was shooting in Raw and largest image size (16.2 MP) on my D5100 is this necessary? As I then made the video 1080p . Do most people shoot in a small file size to save space?

I really liked that sunset Tom. I've not tried using my D5300 for timelapses yet, but I'd maybe to temped to shoot in high quality JPEG, However if you have a large SD card, maybe RAW is the way to go :)

Nice to see some more timelapse on here, and I liked that. I'm just starting out too but trying to incorporate movement at the same time. I shoot raw as when using LRTimelapse to edit it gives more options. As you say though size becomes a bit of a problem, I bought an external 2tb hard drive for my timelapse stuff after processing and a 64gb cf card for shooting. Both didn't break the bank really and have other uses if needs be.

Back