first outing with Raynox and Flash

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
They suffer the same composition issue too much negative space on LHS which adds nothing to image.

Light is a little harsh and would recommend you diffuse the flash as simple softbox is ok for that job.

Practice practice Les. :)

These look superb in my humble opinion.

They suffer the same composition issue too much negative space on LHS which adds nothing to image.

Light is a little harsh and would recommend you diffuse the flash as simple softbox is ok for that job.

Agreed. The composition is very poor for the reasons give. The first image is way too noisy too.

Don't mind the compositions too much (the first works better as the subject is facing slightly towards us), but agree the light needs diffusing. Good news is you aren't having any problems nailing focus with the new lens, and diffusion is cheap and easy to implement :)

Don't mind the compositions too much (the first works better as the subject is facing slightly towards us), but agree the light needs diffusing. Good news is you aren't having any problems nailing focus with the new lens, and diffusion is cheap and easy to implement :)
..........and getting the composition right costs f*** all:rolleyes:

I think these are great first attempts. It's not easy getting the focus/DOF right.
I would look at some of the threads on making a diy soft box for the flash. The composition is an easy fix, as I'm sure you're well aware.

first time out Bryn, have ordered a soft box now

These look superb in my humble opinion.

Thank you

Mind you if these where to find their way into editorial use the space on the left would be most useful for adding text etc.

Are you using the Raynox with your Macro lens or was that a typo ;)

Paul

No typo- used with my sigma 105mm f2.8 lens

Soft box is on its way Tim

I think these are great first attempts. It's not easy getting the focus/DOF right.
I would look at some of the threads on making a diy soft box for the flash. The composition is an easy fix, as I'm sure you're well aware.

Yes I am thanks for the comments

Raynox is really a pain to use. But it's very convenient though. Personally much prefer extension tubes.

I don't have ext tubes YET.......................

Les ;)

with noise reduction applied

Last edited by a moderator:
Back