First Wedding On Friday - Preparation Help Please

well done! your set is just the reply needed when some more experienced togs are a bit mean towards the new ones taking on a gig for the first time. well done again!

thanks for the replies and positive comments, much appreciated!

well done! your set is just the reply needed when some more experienced togs are a bit mean towards the new ones taking on a gig for the first time. well done again!

I'm really happy with the results but to be honest I still made some blindingly stupid errors.

I can now understand a bit more why some of the experienced wedding togs aren't in favour of people taking on solo weddings with no previous experience, for me last Friday could have quite easily have gone the other way and been a complete disaster...

I'm really happy with the results but to be honest I still made some blindingly stupid errors.

I can now understand a bit more why some of the experienced wedding togs aren't in favour of people taking on solo weddings with no previous experience, for me last Friday could have quite easily have gone the other way and been a complete disaster...

We too felt the same on our first shoot. Looking at your pics though - you got far better results than we did, I think you should be proud.

I've just had a look through your pictures and I have to say you are a credit to anyone to anyone who has ever done a first wedding on their own for minimal cost. If I didn't know differently then I'd assume they were the work of an experienced wedding tog. I have my first wedding on Sunday and I'll be grinning from ear to ear for days if I can get my pictures to the same standard as yours. Very well done!!

I can only echo what others have already said. Looks like you did a sterling job imho, and the images are a great collection. You're clearly already a proficient photographer, so I can't see why the results wouldn't have been great so long as you research and plan in advance, and are organised on the day. Which you clearly did. :)

Back