Flexible Flashgun, Should i get one?

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Im looking for 4 flashguns for a golf location kit.

My mate Daniel has just told me about this 'flexy' flashgun on Kickstarter.
It looks like it has a good spec, abit speculative of the guide number but the test shots look nice.

Should i get one?

Some months ago, they were passing off computer generated renderings as actual photos of the product, which didn't exist. It does now exist, but only as a prototype.

If their Kickstarter campaign succeeds (which is very unlikely) you may eventually end up with one, although personally I can't think of any good reason for wanting to. If it doesn't succeed then you won't get your flashgun.

IMO there is nothing special about this flashgun. If the concept had any merit, then big manufacturers would have produced one just like it years ago. If I'm wrong and it does have merit, is actually produced and is popular, then it will be copied by others and you'll be able to get one from someone else for far less money.

i can see the added flexibility in being able to control the direction of the light and the position relative to the lens being an advantage, probably more useful in product/macro photography though

admittedly its very ugly, looks like a cheapo 10quid lamp from argos or something :LOL:

im a little tempted at 75quid for the early bird, but they dont mention anything along the lines of power output :s

Back