Flower Power Thread

Hi Bryn are you copying Les :p

Not sure if my eyes are soft as it doesn't quite look in focus - is it :thinking:

I really like the yellow poppy John. Both the poppy itself with all that lovely detail, and the shadows, and also the background, which looks like an abstract to me, and which I like the look of.

Thanks Nick it was originally binned but just found & slightly PP'd it but it shows the Fuji X10 was decent for close if not that close.

Never bin quality shots John.... :D

I remember I bought the X10 because of the rave reports on TP & when I had it I tried it on all sorts of genres - this was just trying for its macro & at that time me not appreciating the beauty of nature whereas now I'm the opposite & quite addicted to it :clap:

The camera certainly makes you look so much more closely doesn't it John, that poppy is a cracker. Rarely a day goes by when I'm not prowling around the garden looking for something new to take, there's so much beauty out there :)

I've haven't seen a Bee Orchid before Martyn....it's lovely....really super shots on here from everyone :clap:

Last edited:
I'm jealous of your X10 :(

Beautiful beautiful image dad :D

Sent from The Moon.....

Ta Me Duck - X10 was nicked by YV one of our TP Mods but I guess that was OK as she crossed my palm with a few notes :)

Awesomesauce @essexash really love that first one, it works so well the bright yellow and then the flower pops:D

thanks :) its all about colour theory, always handy to keep a colour wheel on hand.

Can this thread be re-named 'Flower & Weed Power' :thinking:

Do I jest - yes & no as there are some weeds that look more attractive than weeds ;)

Not quite weeds, but I'm off out in a minute to collect some wild flowers for my '52' this week....so watch this space :)

Lots of new pics since I last looked, @essexash the first one with the yellow background is stunning, interesting what you say about using a colour wheel.

Bryn the third one down is my favourite, not sure what that is. The one underneath .... is it a fuchsia ..... It looks like a nose and mouth o_O

Derek I really like the first rose, and David the bee steals the show for me :)

Bryn the third one down is my favourite, not sure what that is. The one underneath .... is it a fuchsia ..... It looks like a nose and mouth o_O

3rd one is part of my neighbours bush they are very small flowers but colourful. #4 is a very tall thin flower and that was the furthest I could get with reversed lens. I take a snap on phone see if you can tell what it is.

20140607_142901
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Steve a most unusual shot - as if you started with a blank field then cloned them on - or in real life just planted them to suit your anticipated shot (y)

Back